Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-29-2015, 7:10 AM Reply   
Texas' state legislature has just started a new session, with a newly elected Gov, Lt. Gov, and stronger footprint of R's in both houses. And open carry is a big topic of discussion right now.

I'm a CHL holder, and a firm believer of 2nd amendment., but I'm not a completely unfettered 2A guy. I agree that there are acceptable limits... like I wouldn't want convicted felons to be allowed to legally carry. But I've not put a lot of thought into "open carry" and my gut reaction is I think it pushes up to the edge of what I would consider an acceptable limit. I know a few other states have adopted it already (or have had it for a while already). I'm kinda okay w/the status quo of CHL laws in Texas.

Anyone have any compelling thoughts on this one way or the other? Or any of you that live in states that allow open carry, what's your take on it?