Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-22-2014, 7:33 AM Reply   
The entire video is great, but the v-flip happens at 1:51

By the way, the board he's using cost $350 when it's not on sale... This is living proof that skill is most of the equation.

Last edited by petrie141; 08-22-2014 at 7:40 AM.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-22-2014, 7:58 AM Reply   
That was awesome! Wakesurfing is getting to the next level now
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-22-2014, 8:14 AM Reply   
Sick. Just sick.
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-22-2014, 8:27 AM Reply   
im not sure him or hazen use the same board you can pick up at your local shop. May be the same graphics but betterbuilt and much much lighter. I could be wrong though. but that only happened once..lol

Sick trick none the less
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-22-2014, 9:42 AM Reply   
Just awesome! Dom definitely uses the same board that you can buy at any pro shop. Last year at the WWS Shred Fest in Colorado, he brought a few boards to sell and he opened a brand new one from the box, threw some stickers on it and that's what he used for the competition.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-22-2014, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Just awesome! Dom definitely uses the same board that you can buy at any pro shop. Last year at the WWS Shred Fest in Colorado, he brought a few boards to sell and he opened a brand new one from the box, threw some stickers on it and that's what he used for the competition.
This is how it SHOULD BE. Sounds very "bait and switch" to me to make a board that looks exactly like the production board (graphics and all) but it's been lightened up or changed. Why even make a pro model board with someones name on it if that's not what he actually rides? Dom for the win!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-22-2014, 10:13 AM Reply   
I'm not saying that the one in the video is the exact same but that he definitely used one in a competition that I judged.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-22-2014, 11:12 AM Reply   
I have had Dom behind my boat, and his board was definatley a off the shelf product, seen it with my own eyes, now Chase is a different story, his board was one none of us can get...
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-22-2014, 11:23 AM Reply   
Like i said i have been wrong before once.....lol

guess that makes 2 times
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-22-2014, 12:08 PM Reply   
gross! And I thought wakeskating would have more tricks similar to skate at this point...

what board is that BTW?
- ahah!! the LF Doum

Last edited by denverd1; 08-22-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-24-2014, 7:03 PM Reply   
I have a TC skim and love it, but now I'm kinda downing myself over that extra $150 spent on it haha
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-24-2014, 8:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
gross! And I thought wakeskating would have more tricks similar to skate at this point...
Are you serious? Have you not seen current wakeskating?
http://thewakeskatemag.com/video/marcus-knox/
and Marcus Knox is still an AM
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-24-2014, 8:35 PM Reply   
Good point. Surfing is advancing quickly IMO. There's a style very similar
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-25-2014, 7:37 AM Reply   
Basically for the past two years Dom has been riding his production versions exclusively; it is currently a compression molded board. In the past he rode hand shaped versions or prototypes of the production model. Chase usually rides hand shaped 'blue print' boards or prototypes, but will sometimes pick up the production boards for shoots and events.

It is a testament to Dom's skill, not necessarily a difference in boards. There is a lot less of a difference between production skim models and more high end or custom models. Custom skims allow the rider to specialize the board for them, but it is not necessarily a 'better' board. Higher end models use higher end manufacturing/materials. Dom is a powerful surfer, he can whip around most any board, even a comparatively heavy board.

The real amazing aspect of this is that he flips a 20"+ board in a mouse size pocket.

nick
Old     (rockballer)      Join Date: Jun 2014       08-25-2014, 7:57 AM Reply   
WOW... Some sick tricks there.... whole new level
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-02-2014, 3:13 AM Reply   
Bad Ass riding for sure.
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       09-03-2014, 9:32 PM Reply   
Trick of the year... well best trick I don' ever seen for Wakesurfing.