Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-21-2014, 10:16 AM Reply   
I am tired of letting beginners use my good expensive boards. I need a good cheap beginner board for people to learn on. Any recommendations?
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-21-2014, 10:58 AM Reply   
found a CWB Razr for cheap any thoughts? Or hyperlite broadcast.. Any opinons, this will be for teaching beginners only.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       08-21-2014, 11:32 AM Reply   
We have used a Hyperlite Landlock board and it is a great beginner board. Everyone of all sizes and get up on it.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-21-2014, 11:44 AM Reply   
landlock is to much like a wakeboard to me. If I am thinking of the right board.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       08-21-2014, 12:03 PM Reply   
We have use the broadcast and I will sell it to you cheap PM me if interested
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       08-21-2014, 1:05 PM Reply   
No it is a long wide board. I is 5'9" long. We bought it from Evo, but it doesn't look like they have it now. We paid like $200 on a closeout.

It is not an active board, but it is an easy board for all sizes. My youngest rides it on her belly, her butt, or standing.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...board&tbm=shop

Last edited by allzway; 08-21-2014 at 1:14 PM.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-21-2014, 2:04 PM Reply   
picked up an Obien Mana 5'0". big enough for newbs but still fast enough for bottom turns and maybe a little air
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-21-2014, 2:48 PM Reply   
If you can find one, the Ronix caption is a great beginner board. It is fast tracking so it can handle smaller wakes and/or larger riders. It is very stable and not squirrelly at all, but still very fun. It doesn't pearl easy and is fairly light weight, so it's easy to get up on for smaller riders.
When I was learning, I first started off on a Broadcast, then went to a LF Fish, but it wasn't until I got on the Caption that wakesurfing really clicked for me. I admit we were still very new and hadn't quite got the surf wave dialed much, but this is the board that did it for me.
It is also durable as all heck, one time some big rollers came and started pushing me too close to the transom. I put the brakes on all the way and ended up falling off the back. The board shot forward and hit the tow ring on the transom. You can barely tell it hit it.