Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (chouse10)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-09-2014, 5:35 PM Reply   
whats up guys, i am new to wakeboarding. i have been wakeboarding before about a year ago. my question is which would we easier: wakeboarding behind a boat? or at a cable park? i live in palm beach county and my only boat wakeboarding opportunities would be in the intracoastal behind a center console boat. thanks for any input.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-09-2014, 5:49 PM Reply   
The ICW is pretty skecthy, traffic wise. Not sure I would do it sober. There are a couple of park lakes near you. And Rixen is fairly close. Why choose? Do what you can, where and when you can.
Old     (chouse10)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-09-2014, 6:10 PM Reply   
i know what you mean, i would definitely have to travel north of Jupiter into the Hobe Sound area. Im currently at FAU and i think rixen is somewhere by me. Does it make sense to go there if im not gonna use the ramps?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-09-2014, 6:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chouse10 View Post
i know what you mean, i would definitely have to travel north of Jupiter into the Hobe Sound area. Im currently at FAU and i think rixen is somewhere by me. Does it make sense to go there if im not gonna use the ramps?
Uhh yeah.. no better place to practice switch.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       09-09-2014, 6:27 PM Reply   
Learn both FTW. I ride behind a centre console and at a local park. Two different disciplines that compliment each other beautifully. Boat is awesome because you ride with friends, jump the wake and have fun on the water. Cable is awesome because you don't need a second or a third, you can hit kickers and sliders and learn air tricks.
Old     (chouse10)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-09-2014, 6:34 PM Reply   
i appreciate all the input. I am currently looking for a board and will probably get on the water in the next couple weeks.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-09-2014, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chouse10 View Post
If you're at FAU.. the Rixen is VERY close.. it's in Deerfield - Quiet Waters Park on Powerline between Hillsboro and 10th.
Old     (chouse10)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-09-2014, 8:04 PM Reply   
oh really? wow, i had no idea that it was that close! kind of irrelevant but do alot of people go there?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-10-2014, 7:59 AM Reply   
If you are left foot forward then initially learning behind the boat might be easier. Really depends on the driver and the water conditions. Otherwise the cable is pretty easy. Just a bit more difficult for left footies to navigate the corners until they get the hand of it.
Old     (chouse10)      Join Date: Sep 2014       09-10-2014, 11:54 AM Reply   
everytime i have rode i am right foot forward.