Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (plav77)      Join Date: Aug 2015       09-04-2015, 9:41 AM Reply   
Has anyone tried out the Slingshot Space Pickle?
I was looking at getting the Ronix Koal Longboard and came across this one at my local shop.
They have it on sale for $299! Compared to the Ronix which is $480
Also was looking at the Liquid Force Happy Pill, looks like a cool ride also.

Anyone have any experience with either 3 of these boards?
Looking for a fun easy board for the wife and friends to get up on but something I can still enjoy also.

Thanks!
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-04-2015, 10:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plav77 View Post
Has anyone tried out the Slingshot Space Pickle?
I was looking at getting the Ronix Koal Longboard and came across this one at my local shop.
They have it on sale for $299! Compared to the Ronix which is $480
Also was looking at the Liquid Force Happy Pill, looks like a cool ride also.

Anyone have any experience with either 3 of these boards?
Looking for a fun easy board for the wife and friends to get up on but something I can still enjoy also.

Thanks!
I have ridden all three of those boards. The Space Pickle is fun but more work to ride. Not really the mellow long board experience. The Ronix Koal Long Board is awesome. Very fast and maneuverable even for a long board. The Happy Pill is my favorite. Probably the most fun out of the three because it rides like a surf style board but is very forgiving and enjoyable for a lot of different riders.

If you are accomidating riders over 225 lbs. go with the Ronix board. If you want something playful and don't have larger riders go with the Liquid Force. If you are cheap go with the Slingshot. It is not a bad board just not as easy to ride.
Old     (plav77)      Join Date: Aug 2015       09-04-2015, 11:15 AM Reply   
Thanks Spencer. I won't get the Pickle then as I want my wife and friends to have a good easy ride.
I'm 160LBS, my wife is 130LBS what size Happy Pill and Ronix Longboard would you suggest?
I also have an 11 year old (65LBS) not sure if he could ride either of these or if I need to get him a kids board (Phase 5 Scamp)
Thanks for the help
Old     (plav77)      Join Date: Aug 2015       09-04-2015, 11:29 AM Reply   
One other thing, how do these boats compare to the Ronix Cortez or Hyperlite Broadcast?
Price point is pretty good $400 on those 2 at my local shop.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-04-2015, 2:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plav77 View Post
One other thing, how do these boats compare to the Ronix Cortez or Hyperlite Broadcast?
Price point is pretty good $400 on those 2 at my local shop.
I would go with the Liquid Force Happy Pill in the 4'4". I weigh 201.22432 and ride that size board with no problems behind a weighted Malibu VLX with a surf system. Even the smallest Ronix Longboard will be a little too buoyant for the wife and child.The Happy Pill will be easier to maneuver.

Your child will be a lot happier with the Scamp, or Ronix's amazing new 2016 kid's Powertail and Fish.
Old     (plav77)      Join Date: Aug 2015       09-04-2015, 2:57 PM Reply   
Great Thanks. I don't have the biggest wake behind my 2002 Supra Launch but guessing the Happy Pill will work fine behind a smaller wake?