Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-15-2015, 2:56 PM Reply   
About to snag one of these that is one sale, but I'm like 215-220 lbs.... The 4'6" is the only size on sale, will I bog it down too much to enjoy it?

It looks super thick and buoyant, so I was hoping it would work... but rather not waste money if I'm going to hate it.

I don't wakesurf a ton, but the only other board around is my brother's older hyperlite broadcast (the small size) and I'm certainly too big for that.

Thanks!
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-15-2015, 3:03 PM Reply   
It is pretty buoyant. I personally didn't like it. The nose felt weird. Are you looking at the one on blemboard.com? Are you wanting a skim or surf? Can you ride ropeless yet?
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-15-2015, 3:16 PM Reply   
Also, personally I would ride the broadcast till you can ride ropeless comfortably. The small older ones are money for people our size (220lbs).
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-15-2015, 6:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Are you looking at the one on blemboard.com
Yeah, just looking for something cheap to play with on busy weekend days / if its too windy to wakeboard

..... I was wrong on it being a Broadcast, my brother has an old Coex 4'4" and thats what we've been using .... for me, riding without the rope is tough on this board .... some friends across the lake have a Landlock 5'6" (I think) and no issues there. I'm able to ride ropeless and 360*, 720*, etc etc are all do-able .... I just bog down the Coex too much, and the landlock just is too clunky to be able to get any pop from the lip.

The SP looked a lot thinker / more buoyant so I was hoping that would work for $200.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-15-2015, 6:59 PM Reply   
The coex is a good skim board for beginners. Learn to ride it. I am not familiar with the landlock but what I can remember, it is a larger board. If your interested, I will sell you my skim bender for a good price. It is the big one. I am honest, it is easy and fun to ride but it isn't fast enough. I am ready to jump to a victoria factor. I want board with great speed and response. My surf board is an inland surfer mucus. It is a speedy board...it just doesn't fit my style. Pm me.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-15-2015, 7:13 PM Reply   
I can't get a PM to open....

Shoot me an email - tomsyckn@gmail.com - with what you're looking to get for your board, seems like it might fit the bill well, I just didn't plan on spending a lot, so I don't want to lowball you or anything.

Thanks!