Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-12-2017, 1:54 PM Reply   
Anyone used Classyboats.com to sell their boat?
Old     (Darkside)      Join Date: Apr 2015       04-12-2017, 2:01 PM Reply   
Is it time to switch boats again? What you looking for next?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-12-2017, 2:04 PM Reply   
never heard of 'em
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-12-2017, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
Is it time to switch boats again? What you looking for next?
Yes, Going Supra again. Going SA or SE.

Had a guy hit me up from this place wanting to sell my boat and normally I ignore these guys. However sound like a decent company.
Old     (Hyperryd)      Join Date: May 2014       04-12-2017, 3:53 PM Reply   
Problem is if no prospective buyers know of it, how good is it?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-13-2017, 5:47 AM Reply   
^^^Basically what he said. Never heard of it, so a lot of people probably haven't either.

My nemesis is POP yachts. I have a boat for sale and these people call or text me atleast once a week. I don't even know how they got my number as I don't list it on Craigslist because of the SPAM. They are beyond annoying, I've told them no I don't want to list with them no less than 10 times and yet they still bug me.

They've gotten a pretty bad rap and I am wondering if they are changing names.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-13-2017, 6:09 AM Reply   
I have always used onlyinboards. My boats have sold quickly through them.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-13-2017, 6:17 AM Reply   
Pop yachts called me at least once sometimes twice a week trying to list my boat. I finally blocked there numbers and they stopped calling.

Onlyinboards and boat trader are two of the best for boats. Ski-it-again is also a good site but not as many views as the others.

Companies like Pop yachts are popping up all over. I sold a truck last year and like my boat I was getting calls from people wanting to sell it. Between that and the emails from people that claim to be in the military and want to buy the boat but not speak with you because "they are on duty" is crazy. So many scams out there.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-13-2017, 9:03 AM Reply   
There are many popping up and I don't at all understand their selling methods.

Pop yachts as well as others claim that they add their fees on top of your price so it doesn't cost you anything. Say I want $25000 for my boat they price it at $27,500. Then it sells, I get my $25000 and they get their 10%. The problem is if it's not selling at $25,000 how do they think they are gonna sell it for $27,500. Their web site sucks and otherwise they advertise the same places I would. Just results in double listings and confusing pricing for a buyer. I think that turns people off. They don't show your boat or deal with buyers, you still have to do that. They are basically getting 10% for posting your boat a few places on the web.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-13-2017, 9:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
I have always used onlyinboards. My boats have sold quickly through them.

I've gotten one call from their website in 4 yrs
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-13-2017, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
There are many popping up and I don't at all understand their selling methods.

Pop yachts as well as others claim that they add their fees on top of your price so it doesn't cost you anything. Say I want $25000 for my boat they price it at $27,500. Then it sells, I get my $25000 and they get their 10%. The problem is if it's not selling at $25,000 how do they think they are gonna sell it for $27,500. Their web site sucks and otherwise they advertise the same places I would. Just results in double listings and confusing pricing for a buyer. I think that turns people off. They don't show your boat or deal with buyers, you still have to do that. They are basically getting 10% for posting your boat a few places on the web.

I agree. Only thing about this one is they list on EBay too
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-13-2017, 10:10 AM Reply   
Pop yachts has started listing on eBay also. I really wonder if they are related.

I'm not sure if listing on eBay is good or bad. I currently have my boat on eBay and will know in a week.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       04-13-2017, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
I've gotten one call from their website in 4 yrs
I went in and renewed your ad for you so it looks like it was just listed. Your ad has been viewed a ton, not sure why it's not getting the action. Either way, lets hope it changes asap.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-13-2017, 11:02 AM Reply   
Onlyinboards for the win!!!!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-13-2017, 1:39 PM Reply   
I have my boat up on Boat Trader and I can tell you they're terrible. I've had multiple problems with my ad and can't get anyone to respond to me.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       04-13-2017, 1:42 PM Reply   
Might as well post a link to the boat for sale in question - maybe a better pic of the entire boat in the sunshine would help?
http://www.onlyinboards.com/2016-Sup...xas-60348.aspx
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-13-2017, 5:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
Might as well post a link to the boat for sale in question - maybe a better pic of the entire boat in the sunshine would help?
I've used you for every boat I've sold and will continue to do so. Your site is great but I haven't had a lot of luck. That's not your fault. Ill add the pic

Thanks

Sir
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-13-2017, 6:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
I went in and renewed your ad for you so it looks like it was just listed. Your ad has been viewed a ton, not sure why it's not getting the action. Either way, lets hope it changes asap.
Man I wasn't asking for that, but thank you. That's customer service and why I will continue to support you!!!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-19-2017, 8:48 AM Reply   
When you do the OIB posting paying the extra money to have them post it on FB and other social media. It gets lots of attention and shares.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-19-2017, 9:02 AM Reply   
^^ Definitely! GLWS
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       04-19-2017, 9:35 AM Reply   
I just put it on social for him. He's listed several boats with me in the past. I have no idea why this isn't getting any action because it's the best priced SA400 on the site. And our traffic numbers and leads generated are higher than they have been in years.... so it's a tough one. but i'm determined to help him get this sucker sold!
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-19-2017, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:

This boat is flawless and the wake and surf wake kick a$$, I can vouch for that.