Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-19-2011, 6:43 AM Reply   
Are they any Cummins 6.7 guys out there? Just kind of looking for any type of gotchas I shoul dbe aware of and what kind of maintenance can be expected. I'm in the consideration stage of making an offer on this truck. It's a 2007 with only 20,XXX miles on it.

If anyone has the ability to pull a carfax, I would be very thankful if someone could run one on VIN 3D7KS28A57G788779.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       10-20-2011, 6:14 AM Reply   
I have an 08 6.7 and love it. From what I have read the 07 have weak front ends Dodge updated the front ends in late 08 do to the problems they were having with the 07. There are tons of after market part to upgrade the front end. The biggest problem is all the emissions junk that they have on them spend the money and delete the dpf and egr get a smarty tuner and you will be set.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-20-2011, 6:22 AM Reply   
Thanks for the response Jarod. The dealer was unwilling to deal on the listed truck so it's back to the drawing board.
Old     (tazz3069)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-20-2011, 6:51 PM Reply   
Keep Looking. I had a 6.7 about a year ago. I only had 32K miles on it. It went through a complete engine replacement. I mean complete $18K complete. Every month after that, I went through 4 turbos, 2 DPF filters, and 3 complete EGR system. I really loved the truck but after all the troubles I had, I got rid of it and bought a 2011 Duramax. Best choice I ever made. If your thinking of a 6.7L Dodge, then you need to visit. http://www.cumminsforum.com/ There are tons of guys having the same problems. They all got solved when they tore out the EGR Crap. If you do that, then you will not pass smog. If they do not smog in your state, then you have nothing to worry about.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-21-2011, 3:36 AM Reply   
I went through two turbos on mine and a new front end just recently after 80k miles. It seemed like one semi big thing every six months. I traded mine in last week and haven't regretted it one bit. If there is anything else you wanna know about dpf deletes just ask me or anyone else on here also dieseltruckresource.com is the best cummins website by far and you'll get answers quickly.