Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-29-2010, 8:15 PM Reply   
Lovers quarrel!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-30-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
Shima ~~ It's a love hate relationship... Hell I met the dude on the internet!

It don't help that I wear clown shoes when I ride too!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-30-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
Internet relationships are tough some times LOL!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 4:47 AM Reply   
So I think Mother nature was teasing us with the Weather we had last Sunday .... What a bunch of bulllllll****. Gets us all excited to hit the lake then ERRCH! Here's a week of snow for ya. Ya, thanks lot.

Meeting peeps on the internet is the way of the future! Or something It's like dogs sniffing each others asses first to make sure they check out ok
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 6:04 AM Reply   
Yeah seen that its gonna be crappy. Not a day ago it was showing nice and sunny. bummer.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-31-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
I say this weather is great! Just loading the mountains with more snow and getting people excited to hit the slopes. So let it snow... Hell our lakes can use it to!

O YA!
Name:  untitled1.JPG
Views: 1351
Size:  4.0 KB
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-31-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Well I was hoping I was going to get the boat out this time home, but didn't happen. But I got my tower fixed and some new shoes on the trailer so I'm good for the upcoming Sand Hollow trip when I get back. What's up with this crappy weather, I wasn't expecting snow till I flew into anchorage tonight!

Jason, sorry I had to miss out on the Sunday outing with ya, we'll have to hook up in two weeks when I get back. I'm ready for some surfing and boarding

Dave, Josh, Keep the pics coming! I can't get enough to get me through this dry spell

Shima, Have a good time back in Hawaii! Send me some beach shots and "wildlife" while your there LOL

Hope to see you all when I get back, take care and have fun
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-31-2010, 2:51 PM Reply   
Have a safe trip up to AK Matt and we'll hook up once I'm back in town.

Aloha!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
So I gotta ask you boys.... I know everyone has a preference on boards/bindings. Seeing that I haven't ridden many but I know mine is way to big for me 144cm (200lbs +) Was thinking about a new board. Just curious what you guys recommend and why?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-31-2010, 4:20 PM Reply   
Jason, how heavy are you?
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
175... I should be riding like a 136cm.

Does going to a smaller board make it more aggressive? Long as your not sinkin it?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-31-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
At 175, you can be between a 135 & 140 depending on how wide it is. My board is a 136 but rides like a 142 because it's super wide (and I'm pushing 230lbs.)

Second important question will be the type of rocker profile that will suit your riding style better.

-A continuous rocker will be more consistent & faster which will make it easier to go into the flats. But it may not have much pop when riding a short rope length and slower boat speed.

-A 3 stage rocker will not be as fast and can be unstable on landings, but it gives a good wake to wake pop. This type of rocker suits people who like more of a vertical pop.

-A progressive rocker is in between a continuous and 3 stage. It's got the speed and consistency blended with the abrupt pop.

Most companies these days have a board with each type of those rocker profiles, widths and lengths in their lineup. I know you can find a decent deal online but I like to support local pro shops, especially since they will help out if there are any warranty issues with your purchase. Marine Products has a good variety of different brands (Obrien, Ronix, Liquid Force and CWB).

Hit me up if you have any questions on specific brands or models. Will be glad to help you pick the right board for you.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-31-2010, 5:35 PM Reply   
Jason ~~ I say every board reacts different to riding styles and size. I suggest to take advantage of the demo program with Marine products, although out of the way it will help you find the best board for you. And the money you throw towards the demo's goes to your purchase. I'm 170 and rode 135 to 144 and found myself comfortable on a 141. Here in a couple of weeks I might have a couple of the Wakeology's new boards that you can try out and see what you think. David has a CWB Marius that I'm sure he will let you borrow for a session or two.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-31-2010, 6:35 PM Reply   
I also have 4 different models of Obrien boards you can try Jason - (Vice 136, Valhalla 138, Decade 139 & Natural 144).
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-31-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
Jason ~~ Take Shima up on a demo of the Decade and the Natural....

Shima ~~ I would like to strap into that Decade for a set!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 7:21 PM Reply   
I'm guessing we're just gonna have to demo and bunch and really see which one feels the best. What are the reasons you guys like the boards your riding right now?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-31-2010, 7:43 PM Reply   
Josh, you're always welcome to try any board I have. Next time remind me to bring the decade.

Jason, these are the qualities I like in a board: 1) FAST!!!! 2) Holds a great edge to the wake 3) smooth release from the wake on spins and inverts 4) controllable pop 5) low swing weight 6) soft landings 7) consistent and predictable ride. All the boards I've ridden in the past for a long period of time (including pre-Obrien days - before 2003) had most of these qualities.

This is my 5th straight season on the Vice because the board encompasses all of these. I tried the Decade through the first half of last summer but my consistency just wasn't coming around. I decided to go back to my Vice just to see if it was the board or me that was the reason, and in one session, everything came back to normal on the Vice.

Your style of riding will also determine the type of board design you get, and since I haven't seen you ride yet, it's hard to make a recommendation. Just keep that in mind.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 8:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_shima1 View Post
Josh, you're always welcome to try any board I have. Next time remind me to bring the decade.

Jason, these are the qualities I like in a board: 1) FAST!!!! 2) Holds a great edge to the wake 3) smooth release from the wake on spins and inverts 4) controllable pop 5) low swing weight 6) soft landings 7) consistent and predictable ride. All the boards I've ridden in the past for a long period of time (including pre-Obrien days - before 2003) had most of these qualities.

This is my 5th straight season on the Vice because the board encompasses all of these. I tried the Decade through the first half of last summer but my consistency just wasn't coming around. I decided to go back to my Vice just to see if it was the board or me that was the reason, and in one session, everything came back to normal on the Vice.

Your style of riding will also determine the type of board design you get, and since I haven't seen you ride yet, it's hard to make a recommendation. Just keep that in mind.
Good to know. I know I'm prob gonna wait a little bit and try a few out. At least gotta get comfortable at riding switch. Always been a skier so. It's coming really difficult for me. But we'll get there. With some Board time and great friends, we'll get there Thanks for all the help you guys are offering up! I'm stocked to go again! Freaking weather needs to help us out again!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-01-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
Jason ~~ Shima just summed it up right there! I myself rode the parks for 4 yrs, although I could go big and do a few tricks my riding had flat lined. I stumbled on the CWB Absolute 141 a while ago and noticed my riding getting better and better. The parks was a crazy 3 stage and after riding less of a rocker I knew the Parks wasn't for me. I'm working on changing to Wakeology and can't wait to ride their new 2010 shapes and find the right one for me. Your more than welcome to give any board I have a ride to feel it out anytime. Also David has (I think) the 07 Caddy which is a continuous rocker that you need to give a try on, very well built boat with a ton of control.
Now let's get some sun and the drysuits and hit the water!
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-01-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
Looks like you guys had a really nice time. Wish that I could have made it I love the malibu wake with the wedge its what I ride half the time at home. If you can get that other prop you will be amazed at how your boat will respond and it will help your fuel as well.

I have got a guy bringing my boat up from Az and told him to drag some of the sunshine and heat with him so that we can get out soon. Let me know when your thinking of going and I will try my best to make it and I will do the same when I am headed out also.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-01-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
Hey David, looking forward to meeting you on one of these trips out to the lake. Hope your stay in UT will be enjoyable!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-01-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
Shima ~~ We all know you just wanted the first post for the second page .

PS
Suns out for a second...
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-01-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
Didn't even know that it would have a second page! LOL

Same here, sun has been poking it's head out every now and then but still breezy and snowing off and on.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-01-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
Hey if anybody is interested and tired of checking this thread (might just be me) 100 times a day, David found out how to get emails when a new post is up. Check out http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=777839 for a how to. Thanks David (RIMJOB!)
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-01-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for all of your input guys. Jason and I are both looking at boards. I think it really does just come down to what you feel comfortable with, which is going to involve riding a bunch of different boards. But its good to have a starting point. I'm excited to get out there!

Last edited by tylen01; 04-01-2010 at 8:38 PM.
Old     (snowrider)      Join Date: May 2007       04-03-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
Great to see guys getting out already! Looks like an awesome Malibu Jason - congrats. Does it have the rear tanks in the back that are visible in the rear lockers? If so, you should consider taking them out and replacing with the wakemakers.com ballast system to put 750s in each locker. Pretty affordable and makes setting up for surfing easy. Plenty of great info on malibucrew.com that I am guessing you have already found! If you can, put slingshot on your list boards to try. I have been stoked with the Response 142 - definately a bigger board than I was ever thinking about trying, but really like the stability of it. We ride at Deer Creek or Jordanelle mostly, so once the lakes ice out up here you are more than welcome to try it out.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-04-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
Happy Easter Everyone!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-04-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Wishing my fellow "PEEPS" as well a good one
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-04-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
What a great day... Nothing better than listing to my kids and the stories of the E Bunny that came through the night. I'm so happy they believe and enjoy Easter as much as I do. The E Bunny did drop and break a couple of eggs last night while sneaking through the house my daughter said .
Happy Easter UT!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2010, 6:26 PM Reply   
Soooo.... Who's up for this weekend pending the weather!?!?!?!
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2010, 6:56 PM Reply   
ME! lol but you knew that already.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-05-2010, 7:07 PM Reply   
David and I were just talking today about getting his SANTE out with an extra 2000 pounds in it!!! Let's keep our fingers crossed and get some sun for water time. Boo Ya!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
What ya mean an extra 2000#??? Added more ballast to it?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-06-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
Jason ~~ Hell ya, were talking about sacking the crap out of it. Then we can look like fools getting booted behind the SANTE
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-06-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
Have fun guys, I leave for Hawaii on Thursday morning for 2.5 weeks to visit my family. Look forward to hooking back up after I get back to town.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-06-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
Shima ~~ Have a safe trip bro! Look forward to the pics every year...
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-06-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
Alright I got the update from David about the weight that were planning... "David: actually i calculated 2600 with all my sacs, so with your sac on top of that it should be pushing 3k."

YIKES in a SANTE and deep water!!!
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-06-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
dude... the words my sacs and your sac on top... should not be used in the same sentence. Anywho...the weekend is looking better and better!

Last edited by tylen01; 04-06-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-06-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
Chris ~~ That's how we roll sucka! Doin work no matter what!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-06-2010, 3:07 PM Reply   
SIIICCCC!!! So what day and what time we talking this weekend? Willard? South Marina again? You guys said DEEP WATER.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-06-2010, 4:50 PM Reply   
Let me know If it is Sunday I should be able to make it.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-06-2010, 5:05 PM Reply   
How about Saturday and sunday??? Saturday looks to be the better day.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-06-2010, 5:11 PM Reply   
!!@#$!# I wish I wasnt at work! Just 9 more days....just 9 more days.....
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-06-2010, 10:03 PM Reply   
if I had both days off work I would be all for it.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-07-2010, 6:07 AM Reply   
**COUGH COUGH** Sorry boss, I can't come in today *COUGH COUGH** I'm Soooo Sick **COUGH COUGH** Of working!!!! *COUGH*
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-07-2010, 9:48 AM Reply   
Well I'm out for riding this weekend, just got the call for a funeral out of town this weekend. I hope you guys get some kick ass water and sun to kill it, don't forget to post up pics on the site so I can cry!!!

Here is what I have to look at for weekend weather
Name:  untitled.JPG
Views: 1255
Size:  25.3 KB
Old    dhorton            04-07-2010, 1:28 PM Reply   
Jason, Chris, Dave ~ I'm down for which ever day works out best. Saturday looked best a couple days ago, but Sunday now looks just about the same. My only constraint is I need to be back in South Jordan for my daughters BBall game Saturday by 4PM.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-07-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
I could go either day because I am working nights but sunday would be better since I dont work Sunday night but if you choose sat I will just have to nap in between runs LOL. Let me know when and wher and what boat. Mine is up here now but my friends didn't give me all my sacks and I have not had a chance to clean her up from sitting down in the dustbowl Az so she is looking pretty rough. I also have some friends that might come out so if there are enough people I will bring mine as well.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-08-2010, 6:16 AM Reply   
Well Lets just plan on Sunday.. Willard Bay, South Marina, 11 o'clock launching the boats? I think I'm only gonna have me and two other people in my Malibu So. Whoever wants to go lets meet up! Boat holds 14 so

I'm sure it's just gonna be a quick trip like last time. Get a couple of sets in and get out of there. Last time we left around 3ish?? Only spend like 3 hours on the lake. Should be plenty of time for everyone to set some runs in.

Post up who all in coming to give me a count.
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-08-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
I'm good for either day. Wife has something Saturday late afternoon, but really any day works.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-08-2010, 7:44 AM Reply   
Sunday sounds great at 11. How do I get to willard bay have not been there yet?
Old    dhorton            04-08-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
I'm in for Sunday at 11 too. Happy to haul my boat up if we need a second boat. Dave your welcome to ride up with me, we can meet up somewhere near I-15 and ride up there together.
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-08-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
Directions from Salt Lake to the South Marina of Willard Bay:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...&z=13&dirflg=d
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-08-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
Smith and Edwards exit, make left, first right (watch that turn) head west and follow the signs to the marina
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-09-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
Thanks for the directions

I am planing on bringing my boat if the group I have keeps growing I will have to take a head count sat evening to see who is still in.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-09-2010, 8:01 AM Reply   
What kind of boat you rockin Rogers?

Am I the only one for sure planning on bringing a boat right now?
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-10-2010, 7:28 AM Reply   
I have a Tige 22ve 2006 and I am going to bring it along if we end up only wanting one boat I will put it back on the trailer and ride with you. I have at least six people in my group and mabe more if the word keeps spreading but most of us have to work all night so I wont be surprised if some of them bail.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-10-2010, 10:35 AM Reply   
Man why did I have to hop on the thread to see whats going on? Have a safe trip out there guys and please post up some pics. I myself walked the strip with the kids till 2am sober (WTF) and I can't beleive the crazy's in the place that I always missed. Looking out the window right now of nothing but sunshine and 70 ish deg already. Well here we go again for another day of walking my ass off so the kids can see everything. DFTR Josh OUT!

PS
Post up at least one pic David!!!

Last edited by downfortheride; 04-10-2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Cause I'm in VEGAS!
Old    dhorton            04-10-2010, 7:17 PM Reply   
Jason ~ I'll see you guys at the South Marina at 11AM. Just sent you a PM with my cell. Text or PM me yours in case I end up running late (not likely, punctuality is a pet peeve). I'll throw in some sacs and a surfboard in case you guys are interested in a surf set. Not planing on bringing my boat since it sounds like you and Dave will both have yours, but let me know as I'd be happy to haul mine if you don't want to haul yours.

And yes Josh... I'll put 1 pic up for you!

Last edited by dhorton; 04-10-2010 at 7:20 PM. Reason: SUCK IT TREBEK
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-11-2010, 12:04 AM Reply   
K, I might be ****ed up... but I don't even see one pic from today!!!

WTF! I bet Shima post's up a pic before ya'll...

Last edited by downfortheride; 04-11-2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: I'll take David's mother for $100
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-11-2010, 4:30 PM Reply   
Ahhh Picked another windy day to go! The wind has GOT to stop one of these freaking days....

It was good meeting you with your crew David! Definately see ya out there a lot more in the future hopefully. Sorry for coming a little to close to the boat.

Thanks David for taggin along with us and showing us how Wakesurfing is done! Definitely gotta wait for the water to warm up a bit before that!! It's so damn cold lol.

And to Chris who I snapped at after we pulled the boat out of the water! Sorry! Me and you are both brand new to the boat and everything so Feel bad for yelling at ya tho. Still bugging me I did that

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-11-2010, 6:52 PM Reply   
Holy crap what a **** day on the water! Just means next time is going to be that much better. Although Vegas was a good time, I'm ready to hit the water again real soon. Thanks for the pics guys!

Jason ~~ Next time load www.downfortheride.com with pics and just throw up a tease pic or something, it just saves time for this page to load. Also, holy hell on the window tint, I want to give that beast a test drive to see if I like tint that dark. It looks crazy sick!!!

Last edited by downfortheride; 04-11-2010 at 6:57 PM. Reason: David likes boys!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-11-2010, 7:07 PM Reply   
They kinda are teaser pics I have about 200 of them to go through in the next week...
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-11-2010, 8:12 PM Reply   
Jason it was good to meet you as well. We nead to get together and ride on the same boat sometime. My friend jason from Az called me back and told me how he runs his malibu surf wake. He said he uses the left side as do I on my boat. he fills the left rear factory ballast plus an extra 500lb then fill up the center sack full, partially fills front factory ballast then adds a sack up on the seat in the left center 500lb wedge down. Any one not driving sits on the left. They surf alot so I hope this info will help you.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-12-2010, 1:32 AM Reply   
Jason & Chris ~~ It's always great to get video just to see how your are on the water as a second person. You both weren't kidding about being new to the game and it's great to see a couple of guys already have the love of the sport. Wait till your first trick is landed and how epic it feels. Don't worry 10 yrs later I still feel the same to land a new trick!!! Keep it up and the right how to you guys will progress this year like crazy.

David ~~ Cut to STACK, love it!

Mr. Rogers ~~ You go owned on that TS front in the choppy water!!!

Chris ~~ Next time post up the video on DFTR, I know its slow but we fill up this thread with some crazy smack talk. I watched the video and I have to pause it every time I'm on now. No worries, it's the internet... post up **** you want to post up, I'm just giving suggestions!

Last edited by downfortheride; 04-12-2010 at 1:36 AM. Reason: RIMJOB David!!!
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-12-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
yeah that was like my 3rd time up on a board...lol so not kidding about being beginners. lol

I missed a piece of code to make it so it doesn't play when the page loads... and for some stupid reason I can't edit any of my posts anymore. Might need to contact a board administrator.
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-12-2010, 10:38 AM Reply   
Ok had the administrator delete the post so here is the video again, without it starting automatically to annoy everyone. lol

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-12-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
Chris ~~ Right on, you have already found the love of the sport. From the pic of you, what I would suggest is working on your handle position. See how your arms are straight out and chest high? Try to get it in more towards your waist to keep balanced. Don't try and hit W2W but try and hit the wake and learn your load of the line and the pop off the wake. On that note... Just ride as much as you can!
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-12-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
yeah thats what I'm really just trying to do is balance...lol I'll try that. as you've seen from the first day out we'd do a lot of skiing, got to break old habits!
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-12-2010, 3:24 PM Reply   
Chris nice video.

David you are right about that nautiqe dealer I went in for a trailer light and ended up in an argument LOL. I guess in his opinion I know nothing about boats because I only have a dozen or so friends that own them. I would recomend that no one steps foot in that place. I get a better feeling walking into a morgue.

Cant wait to ride again hope the weather clears up and we can get some good water.
Old     (wga220)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-12-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
Just an FYI - south ramp on the nell should be open soon . . . . . and if the ice holds . . . . . . maybe we can see some ice sliders. Josh did you get a new fin from your ice sliding from last year?

I have not put away the winter toys yet, but these picks are are getting me amped to get the boat out.

Jason - take Shima up on riding the Natural - sweet board - I road it for a few years - only drawback is it is a little heavy - it is probably the most forgiving board I have ever ridden - saved me from a few faceplants.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-13-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
Mark ~~ Thanks for the heads up, I just heard yesterday the DC is ready to rock. I think were going to try and get up that way with Jason that lives in Heber. Nothing confirmed but interested in some cold water. And yes, I have the new fin taken care of, LOL!
Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-13-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
Whats up guys! Its been awhile since i have checked this section and im a little behind. Haha! But im located up in Logan. The ice just barely left so we have just barely started riding. But its lookin like i need to head over to Willard and ride with you fellas!

Josh~ Whats up bro! Havnt talked to ya in awhile. I need to try out some of that 2010 Wakeology gear when you get it. Im stoked to try it out and maybe get my little footsies riding one this year too.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-13-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
Kent ~~ Glad to hear the ice is off and it's time to start riding! I will keep you updated when the new boards come in, I know a few of the pro riders got the new shapes to start filming. Good luck with the purchase of the new boat!!!
Old    dhorton            04-13-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
Hey Mark thanks for the updated, now get out there with some salt! I'm growing impatient with you.

Last edited by dhorton; 04-13-2010 at 1:47 PM. Reason: because josh is a retard
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-14-2010, 3:42 PM Reply   
This is just a quick heads up that David H. will now got by Dundee David or what he would like to see DD.

Last edited by downfortheride; 04-14-2010 at 3:43 PM. Reason: DD can suck it...
Old    dhorton            04-14-2010, 3:56 PM Reply   
I like DDs as much as the next guy

Last edited by dhorton; 04-14-2010 at 3:57 PM. Reason: chilidog
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-15-2010, 10:24 PM Reply   
Here I sit in Anchorage Airport, and I tell ya, I CANT GET HOME FAST ENOUGH! I'm itching to be getting out! You guys have been having way to much fun as I've been freezing my arse. can't wait to get back! First stop after flying in is to Utah Watersports and puck up the boat!

Chris nice video!

Kent, shoot me your info, let's see if we can't hook up this season as well

Jason, let's sac that boat out and do some surfing, what you lack I have in sacs
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-16-2010, 9:04 AM Reply   
I have finally got my hands on the 2010 Sick Transit 140 Prototype, not sure how long I have it but if I can get anybody on it I will. I'm so excited to see how this board rides!!!
Name:  Sick 140.JPG
Views: 988
Size:  106.0 KBName:  Sick 141 bottom.JPG
Views: 982
Size:  101.5 KB

Name:  3babbf079079213d7f7c1be30ee3d682.image.81x80.jpg
Views: 1006
Size:  1.8 KB
Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-16-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
Josh, Im diggin that. The fins and channeling look almost identical to my LF Ps3, which i love! Cant wait to get my hands on a new wakeology setup this year. I talked to my bro too and it sounds like he is leaning towards one as well.

Matt, I PMed you bro