Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-01-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
Well can I say I'm trying to get used to this new site...

Mr. Rogers ~~ It's good to hear that your going to be back in UT again for the summer. So your saying that your not going to have your boat this time around? Let us know when you get back it town and we will for sure get out, heck we have to see that TS Front landed. Drive safe when returning back to UT.

Congrats to Shima and crew for this years Winter Olympics... There were some up's and downs but I got to see Shima sitting in his chair at the closing ceremonies made it all worth it.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-01-2010, 6:58 PM Reply   
I am not sure where I am going to stay this year. Once I figure that out I will most likely bring my boat up the guys I am working with requested it. I hope I land that toeside for you its getting frusterating.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-02-2010, 9:28 AM Reply   
Mr. Rogers ~~ Well let us know when you get some solid dates down and we can work something out. There is enough good guys here where you can do without your boat for a bit. So your going to be working on the same stretch of road or a whole new project? There is some talk about sessions already so if your here I will hit ya up and see if your down.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-02-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
We are working on the same road and also have a couple of new jobs going on. We may be so busy I will have a hard time making it to the lake. I hope not I enjoy riding to much. Will let you know when I arive.
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-10-2010, 6:27 PM Reply   
We made it up here through all of the snow and rain. If it gets warm enough and you need a third to ride let me know.480-330-1694
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-11-2010, 7:19 PM Reply   
Mr. Rogers ~~ Man you got up here early this year! We have our dates set for Mar 20th or 21st to get out and ride. I think we have 3 confirmed and one maybe, I will let you know if the maybe pulls out. Welcome back to UT, hope you brought that AZ sun with ya!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-14-2010, 3:24 AM Reply   
Josh, I may interested in joining you guys if there's room. Keep me posted.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-15-2010, 8:08 AM Reply   
Shima ~~ Congrats to a great year to you and your skaters! have a safe trip back home, your going to enjoy the sun when you get back.

Well guys it looks as if the ice is almost gone from UT lake (we could use an eye from those that live right there) and nothing but sun shine in the forecast. If the weather holds we will be breaking out David's SANTE for a wake up run to start the season. Those interested I will keep you posted on having enough room. Keep an eye out for some updated pics if we get out!
Old    dhorton            03-16-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
If we get out Josh?
You know we're getting out. The question now is will conditions suck or not? My vote is not!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-16-2010, 8:58 AM Reply   
If you guys go on Saturday, I won't be able to go since Hide's already book snowboarding for her and the kids up at PC. Let me know if you head out on Sunday though.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-16-2010, 9:03 AM Reply   
What a great start to the season having a bunch of people excited to ride. Spring starts for the DFTR crew this weekend!
Old    dhorton            03-16-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
Ryan ~ Sunday is the plan for right now as it looks to be a much warmer day.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-16-2010, 8:33 PM Reply   
Well then Sunday it is...

David -- DFTR
DFTR Josh -- You know
Dewey -- DFTR
Shima -- DFTR

Sunday sessions on!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-17-2010, 5:52 AM Reply   
Cool, I hope I can join you guys because my right ankle blew up on the plane (swollen in the joint and can barely walk on it - it happened before). I'll let you know by Friday if it's rideable.

Thanks guys!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-18-2010, 5:52 PM Reply   
Hey guys, better count me out for Sunday, my ankle is not getting better. I'll be in touch when I'm capable of walking again.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-18-2010, 8:23 PM Reply   
Shima ~~ That really sucks to hear, take care of that ankle and we'll ride very soon.

Mr. Rogers ~~ I have one more to confirm and I will hit you up about Sunday...

Where the hell is everybody else?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-19-2010, 6:33 PM Reply   
Mr. Rogers ~~ Your in if you want a spot on the boat for Sunday, you would make 4 and that's a good crew for early cold riding.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-22-2010, 8:19 AM Reply   
So how do you start spring off right? HINT: Good people, great boat, smooth water & a camera!
[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

David is working on getting more and better pics up at www.downfortheride.com
Attached Images

Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-22-2010, 4:50 PM Reply   
NICE PIC JOSH, DAVE!

My not so bueno Saturday afternoon road trip down to Sringville to get my tower fixed. I guess Im looking for some new shoes for the trailer.

Im anxious to be getting back out I tell ya!
Attached Images

Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-22-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
That sucks Matt. Same thing happened to me last summer going to Willard. It was my first blow out on the highway, pretty scary.

What's wrong with your tower?

Dave and Josh, thanks for the pics. Looks like you guys had some great time. My ankle is almost back to normal. Let me know the next time you're planning to head out.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-22-2010, 9:02 PM Reply   
Matt ~~ We know that feeling all to well with all the Powell trips we take! Hope to best on getting your boat fixed and ready for a kick ass season.

Shima ~~ Thanks, David sure knows how to set up the camera and then work magic in photo shop to make em right. He would have never posted most of them pics but I was kicking his ass to do it. Sunday sessions already in the talk, we'll keep you updated!

I have already talked with a few on here, but the Monday sessions idea has come up again. We will be looking for people that is willing to hit the water early and in the office at a decent time. Keep it in mind if your willing we will get a group email put together and keep the crew busy all summer. I have heard a lot of people say their water time last year was down... Let's change that together!
Old    dhorton            03-23-2010, 8:39 AM Reply   
Temp gauge on my Perfect Pass read 48 Sunday, but I'm telling you there's no way it was 48 (maybe 40) . 65 degree air temps and sun made it tolerable to ride though. I'm down for hitting it again Sunday if the weather holds out like it's supposed to.

Josh I'm all for starting up a Monday crew again, put me on the list!

Hey Matt you don't need a tower to surf, lets hit it! I haven't been on my Blue Lake since the last time I rode Willard with you and Ryan.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-23-2010, 12:06 PM Reply   
Shima it was my first one ever too. I was in the hammer lane (a no no )in Bountiful right before the construction and ended up cuttling hard for the belt rought exit right in time! Im looking for new tires now, I dont want to chance it with the others.

Josh, Im so ready for a great season this year! I cant wait to meet some of you guys down that way!

Dave, I hear ya on the tower for surfing!! hopefully though I get it back in about a week and I'll be golden for maybe before I leave if not for sure when Im back in town!! My wife still doesnt know about the Bluelake from last year!! LMAO will be fun explaining that one!

Also Dave, the wifes sis just bought a new canon D50,,Im feeling the itch.........so itchin
Old    dhorton            03-23-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Matt Adams (duramat)
My wife still doesnt know about the Bluelake from last year!! LMAO will be fun explaining that one!

Also Dave, the wifes sis just bought a new canon D50,,Im feeling the itch.........so itchin
LMAO Matt! Forgiveness is always easier to obtain than permission! Just use the line I've been using for years. "Oh that board? Pfff I've had that for years!" I learned that one from the wife, "oh those shoes... I've had them for years I just didnt have anything to wear them with".

The HD video capability of the new Canon bodies has me tempted to upgrade. I cant justify 5K for the 1d MkIV, but the 7d keeps tempting me.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-23-2010, 9:12 PM Reply   
Matt ~~ Tell her after you buy all new tires and a new spare, LMAO!

Anybody interested in joining the Monday crew send me a PM with what email address if best for you. In the past I threw a reminder early to mid week to confirm a few riders. It usually ends up with us running to UT Lake to kill it but we have been known to travel to the mountain lakes for a Epic Monday ride to start the work week off right. Let's make 2010 a Northern Utah Year!!!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-25-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
Hey yall! Finally found some people in Utah to hit the lakes with! Thanks for the PM Josh.

Any of you guys hit up Willard yet!? Been achin to go. haven't had the chance to take the new boat out yet and get used to it. But bought a drysuit for that sunny day to come around! Where do you hold your sessions Josh?

Last edited by A7X_LSV_23; 03-25-2010 at 9:38 AM. Reason: mistake
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-25-2010, 9:54 AM Reply   
A7, Im looking at it right now!! Beautifull looking dark blue water, however choppy
Where you at? Congrats on the new ride! More people to go out with!

Josh, LMAO Im too scared to bring it up, She knows Ive robbed the "Emergency Fund" Envelope in the cookie jar, she just doesnt know as to where it went quite yet! LOL Either way my name is mud The crazy things we do to feed this addiction eh??
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-25-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
Jason, welcome to the thread.

Willard is my home lake, but won't be taking my boat out of storage until around the beginning of May once I'm back full time.

What boat did you get?

Matt, your wife is going to have your head on a platter soon!!!!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-25-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
Sorry, should have guessed what boat you have by your screenname.

Nice ride!
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-25-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
Thanks. Ya Willard looks nice either way! Thawed off in March = WIN in my eyes. I'm in Syracuse (Layton) so Willard, Easy Canyon are the main lakes I hit up. Try to stay away from Pinezoo as much as possible.

Last year at the end of the season I pruchased a 2000 Reneill. After using it for about 2-3 months, I didn't like it at all as the wake was TINY for boarding and HUGE for skiing so... I said **** it and went and got me a 2004 Malibu LSV. Bought it out of Cali in Jan and only got to test drive it thus far so. Reall wanting to get it on the lake and see what she can do. Should be an awesome season.

Here's a quick pic.

So how long has everyone else been riding??? I know people over at DFTR have been in the game for quiet some time! Myself, I just started boarding last year (I suck). Got some pretty dope riders in Utah from the looks of it tho!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-25-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
Nice ride Jason!

I live in Layton as well. Willard is where I take my boat to ride. Won't even touch Pineview.

I've been riding since 1994, and judge the local competitions here in UT and ID (I use to judge professionally but haven't since the 2003 Gravity Games).

There's good groups of people we ride with both up this way and down where Josh and David ride. It shouldn't be a problem to find a pull or get a crew together this season. Let's hope the weather cooperates this summer.

How do you have your boat ballasted? Do you use the wedge as well?
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-25-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
Since 94, damn lol I hate feeling like a noob but. I am! Been skiing since I was 8ish. But back then they didn't have the stuff they have today so, forums like this and what not. Only been on the wakeboard for the 2-3 months I had the Reneil. Got a lot to learn this year, pretty excited.

As far as the boat, it's just the stock MLS for right now... 200# both sides in the rear and 800# up front, and the wedge. I never rode behind an Inboard before so. Just sterm drives. Gonna be awesome, can't wait.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-25-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
Jason ~~ Welcome to the thread! Your going to find a pretty good group of guys on this thread... I myself have been riding for WAY to long but just in the last few years been riding behind Inboards. Your really close to Shima and he in an ace at finding your weak spots and what to try to make your riding a lot better, and the dude has one of the biggest backrolls you will see in person. Nice pickup on the boat, your going to LOVE it! Get your fundamentals down and your going to want to upgrade that ballast. I have seen 750's in the back, 800 middle, a triangle bow sack and lose the wedge. One heck of a fun wake! I don't have a boat myself but for most of the people I ride with and there is room, your more than welcome to ride.

Matt ~~ I can't stop laughing, YOUR DEAD!

Shima ~~ Hope the ankle is ok, I know David will be in for another Sunday set!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-25-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
Jason, it's all about having fun so no worries about being a noob. If you've got a fun attitude and are respectful, that's all that matters. Like I said, a lot of good people on this forum to ride with.

You're going to have a lot more fun with the LSV then the Reinell. Your consistency will get better because of the performance of the boat, driver and good instruction.

Josh, thanks for the support and kinds words. Keep me posted on a Sunday ride (looks like it's going to be a lot more cold though this weekend). I just got an email this morning that Obrien should be sending me my 2010 setup soon. Can't wait to get it wet.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-25-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
For sure! I'm sure I'll be seeing all you guys out there sometime this year! I'll have to tag along and see what I can't do yet! lol

I'm already EXTREMELY impressed with the LSV over the stupid Reneill. Don't even compare! I don't think I'm gonna be touching much of the ballast for this year. We'll have to see how fast of a learner I am. Wife wants to learn Wakesurfing to so. I know I'm gonna need to be adding something in the rear for that. Stock wake will get old fast I'd imagine. I'm gonna try and hit up Willard Saturday sometime. See if I can't go freeze my ass off and learn the boat more while there's no one there.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-25-2010, 3:55 PM Reply   
Jason ~~ Are you down for Sundays at all? David and I are planning to get out and if you would like to take your LSV we would be happy to come join you at willard. Heck David can show you what NOT to do while riding, LMAO! Just tell me you already know the rule about power turning, I don't like to yell at drivers when I'm in the water, LOL!

Shima ~~ The words I say are 100% truthful and everybody will back me up on here! I talked to David today and he said he is down for a Sunday session. Heck there was even talk about heading up to Willard to get some of that deeper water. I will razz him a bit more and keep you updated. But knowing David he is up for anything.

PS,
Anybody know how to get an email every time a post is done on the thread?
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-25-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
Jason, awesome! Shima is your man! Theres some good guys on the site, the kind you can leave your young kids and brand new boat with the first night you meet them, while you jump on some other strangers boat to go surfing! SHIMA DA MAN! LOL GOOD TIMES! However the wife wasnt impressed LOL.. (she would of never of found out if it werent for my friends wife ratting me out!) Point is your gonna have fun this summer

Some of us have some sacs that we can bring along to dial in your wake/wave on outings with ya.

Im hoping to get my boat back soon, saturday if I could? (no garantee) I may have to invite myself along with ya on Saturday! Im itching to get out before I head back up to the arctic next week

Shima, I forgot to tell ya, that a weld on my tower completely busted so its getting worked on right now. I have no idea of it happened but oh well, if Im going to want to see that Flying Hawaiian landing out in the flats ITS GOT TO BE FIXED! I cant emphasize enough how much fun I have going out with you and Tag. Ironically I ran into him and his wife at Jeremiahs restaurant on 12th last time I flew home. Him and wife are itchin to get out again too.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-25-2010, 4:19 PM Reply   
I actually gotta go to my "other" church Sunday, (Car meet). Buddy of mine is gonna bring his buffer and cutting compound and do the boat so. Especially cause it's gonna be 10 degrees warmer that day. I'll see whats going on and let you guys know. Car meet ain't till 4ish so. You sure you guys would wanna ride behind a stock wake

And I'm not sure about your power turning rule but, I got a pretty good idea. Remember, I've never owned an Inboard (that can power turn) so. No worries there

I did have one question for you guys.... My boat has a 13.5 x 16 prop on it, I know everyone recommends the ACME 1235. Just curious how this prop is gonna handle it up here at this Attitude rather then down at sea level and all weighted down.
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-25-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
Jason call Croft Marine. They are great and know alot about the Malibu's.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-25-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
So Who's all down to go Sunday then? I'm in if whoever wants to go! use my boat cause I wanna get the hang of her, you guys can bring whatever. Does have a stock Ballast like I said so if ya want bigger, bring bags that we can fill. Doesn't matter to me... Say a time and what marina. (N or S) Let me know.

Ah... I'm excited to get going back to church on Sundays
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-25-2010, 7:49 PM Reply   
Jason ~~ I know me a David is DFTR up that way, heck so close Shima just might be down! For early riding and time I would suggest no more than 4 riders and I will have my kids. They are really good being on a boat (hope shima & David will back me up) for being 10 and 6. I myself would suggest to bring a couple of bags just to skip using the wedge. Although a great idea it just feels like your dragging an anchor. But heck, we can work with what you have and work on getting it dialed in!
About your prop question, I would post that up on the boat thread and see if anybody will help you out. Moe is trying to trick you, hence the Nauti4life name... OMG LMAO... Just playing Moe!!! They used to sell Malibu so heck it's worth a shot.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-25-2010, 7:59 PM Reply   
Well It'll be My wife, me, My brother and his wife. and whoever else.

You really don't like those wedges do ya lol. I've personally never felt the boat with it down. Didn't test it our during the test drive so. From what I've read, throwing the wedge down cleans up the wake. Not to mention adding another 1000# of down force on the boat? I just wanna get the damn boat out!! I'll ski if I have to lol. It's all good to me! How many kids ya talking?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-25-2010, 8:28 PM Reply   
Jason, if my ankle holds up and you have space, I'll be down to help you break in the boat. I have extra sacks and pumps to.

The newer wedges work better then the old wedges. I personally like a sacked out BU w/o the wedge but its your boat man. You call it. With how many people you got going, we'll probably want to put a sack in the boat to keep the boat from porpoising.

Josh's kids are really well behaved on the boat. They've been out on mine and are great.

Let me know a meeting time and which dock, thanks for the invite (if it's an official invite).
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-25-2010, 9:43 PM Reply   
I'm sure there will be room... Someone might have to freeze their ass off up in the bow I don't think with all the people going we're gonna need any extra sacks. But if ya want em bring em. I've never rode behind a Bu with or without the wedge so. I'll be trying both to see the difference. We can set it up to whatever you guys want.

So pretty much a time and a Marina... That web cam is in the North Marina... I have no idea the condition of the south. I would imagine it's thawed out. That's the Marina I always go to it the South so. Whatever time we decide to go I'm prob gonna run a half hour or hour early and get the boat in the water. Make sure the impeller ain't leaking, etc etc. Any of you guys adjusted the shalf seal and have the 1 7/8" wrenchs for it? I know it needs tightened.

So... South Marina... Around noonish? Or is that to early for you guys?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-25-2010, 10:05 PM Reply   
Noon at South Marina is fine with me. I have the wrenches for the packing gland but they're in my boat which is stored at my friends house in Farmington. Let me know if you really need them and I can see if they will be around this Sat for me to pick them up.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-26-2010, 2:40 AM Reply   
Jason ~~ I rode a newer DD Wakesetter with the wedge down and it was crazy different. I guess I'm just used to 900 lbs in the Super Air and killin it... I have never drove one in a V Drive and maybe I'm being a hater! I ride a VLX in vegas without the wedge and it's a dream... I just can't let my wife on your boat, I can't go into that much debt when she falls in love!
Old    dhorton            03-26-2010, 7:55 AM Reply   
Damn the Northern Utah thread is blowin' up! Look at all this activity I missed out on by blowing work early and going to the sweet 16!

Looks like there is enough interest in a Sunday ride to fill two boats. I have no problem dragging mine up to Willard too. Lets do this thing!
Old    dhorton            03-26-2010, 8:00 AM Reply   
By the way welcome to the board Jason, nice looking boat! Just tell me your not a Oakland Raiders fan
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-26-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
Jason ~~ I hear them WS really like nose weight, you might want to plan on throwing a bag up front just because. Heck you need to try everything and get your boat dialed for the summer! Sounds like we are a go for noon on Sunday!

David ~~ About time you make it back over here! Hope the lighting will work for some great chase boat sessions! Nothing like that SANTE in deep water!
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-26-2010, 9:25 AM Reply   
Jason- What motor does that 23 LSV have? If it is not the 8.1 you would want a 1235 prop for hull shot (stock and/or sacked out). We have one in stock. We also have a packing nut wrench if needed. We still have alot of Malibu parts in stock is needed. I wish I could be there. Post lots of pix.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-26-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
Moe ~~ You going to have a 210 for Demo this season? I havent been behind the 210 since they changed it back in 07. If you can work something out with Kevin I'm sure we can get the shop a few high res pics of it on the water.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-26-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
The bow already has a huge hard tank under all the seats. There's 350# in the bow, 500# in the center, and 200#x2 in the rear for a total of 1250# plus the 1000# wedge. It's only got the 340hp Monsoon. I've been thinking it's gonna need the ACME 1235 but, Gonna see how it does first and what better way then to have EVERYONE come When it was tested in Cali I was SHOCKED at the hole shot tho! It was crazy, my wife slide from the glove box all the way to the back after punching it! lol We'll see how it does! Kinda tight on money right now so. I know Croft is probably gonna want around $675 for that prop. I can find it for around $500 on the internet, then the tools to do it myself on top of that. I'm one of those guys that likes doing everything myself so. I hate wasting money (putting it in someone elses pocket) when I don't have to

I know I'm gonna need to go buy the wrenches for the packing but, it can wait for now. Get on that when it gets warm. We'll see how much water it lets in.

From what I've heard, most people take the VLX over the LSV's, due to the lengths, the LSV's 23' need more weight to get the wave dialed in, and it's usually a wider wake. Where the VLX is tall and narrow. When we bought the boat I was just looking for something in our price range and picked this up for a STEAL! And I'm not Pro like you guys yet so. lol Doesn't really matter to me right now. But i've never heard about anyone with a malibu not using the wedge MINUS with Wakesurfing... And the only time I've heard that, the dude custom made a sac to fit through the whole entire storage compartment all the way to the glove box, 2000#, only on oen side. throws a killer wake but... To much work lol And the new power wedges do work a lot better then the manuals... It's able to adjust from 400# to 1200# of down force weight. There's a vid on Youtube of the actual wake changing, I couldn't find it for ya but. I know it's there lol.

And Thanks David! And No I'm not really a football fan, or watching any sports on TV really lol I don't have any time to keep up with that crap.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-26-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
Jason ~~ I'm pumped for ya having to dial in your wake, one day I might have to buy a boat so I can do it. We have a few people on here that has tools and stuff that you can get and use. Ask David how I use stuff, LOL. That boat is 200% better than what your used to! All of us are far from pros on here and don't really sack the boats out. Shima has some serious weight in his supra but riding with David and his SANTE we always just use the 900 stock and Do work!
Old     (nauti4life)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-26-2010, 12:07 PM Reply   
I hope to be doing alot of demo's and lake deliveries this year. I will shout out when I am heading to the lake. Everyone is invited.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-26-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhorton View Post
Temp gauge on my Perfect Pass read 48 Sunday, but I'm telling you there's no way it was 48 (maybe 40) . 65 degree air temps and sun made it tolerable to ride though. I'm down for hitting it again Sunday if the weather holds out like it's supposed to.

Josh I'm all for starting up a Monday crew again, put me on the list!

Hey Matt you don't need a tower to surf, lets hit it! I haven't been on my Blue Lake since the last time I rode Willard with you and Ryan.

Just an FYI that on your Nautique, the temp gauge is mounted near the exhaust/outtake, so it always reads warmer than it really is!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-26-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
Obrien sent me my new 2010 set up today. It' always nice to come home with boxes at our front door!

Board - Vice 136
Bindings - Vice CT
(FYI, 5 straight season on the Vice. Love this board)

Can't wait to get her broken in.
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-26-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
Shima ~~ Just like every year, NICE! I can't wait to try out the new 2010 shapes for Wakeology and find one that fits my riding. The CWB AB has been so great to me. New shapes will be out in 2 weeks we hope!!!
Old     (davee22ve)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-26-2010, 8:25 PM Reply   
Jason you will like the stock wake on your boat I have several friends with that boat down in phoenix Az that run stock and I allways enjoy it. I personally like the wedge but with it down your boat will suck the gas.

As for the prop I have a 22ve Tige with the 5.7 340 horse and have the same prop as you and with weight it is doggy. I had it up here last year and wish that i had the prop you are looking at though even with the stock prop my boat will pull out of the water with about 2500 lbs and 9 people. If you have the money I would say reprop it but if the money is questionable your stock prop will be fine as long as you keep to the stock weight.

I will be up here working most of the summer so if you need a third let me know I will also be bringing my boat up in april or may.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-26-2010, 10:22 PM Reply   
I've heard the stock wake is nice as well so. We'll just have to see Sunday.

Anyways. ROLLLLLLLL CALLLLLL!!!!!

Who all is planning at meeting up at Willard Bay Sunday at noon so we can get a head count? And who all is bringing a boat beisdes me if anyone?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-26-2010, 10:37 PM Reply   
Jason, I will be there. If my ankles are acting up, I probably won't ride but would like to still come along if that's ok with you? If not, no worries. Just let me know. Also, do you need the wrenches for the packing gland? I'll need to know by early tomorrow so I can try and pick it up from my friends place.

Look forward to meeting up with you!

Josh, are you going to try them all out or will you try and stick to the board that's closest to the CWB AB? Is Wakeology doing anything in terms of bindings this year?
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-26-2010, 11:03 PM Reply   
I don't mind at all who comes. I'm hitting up Marine Products in the morning so, I'll just pick up some wrenches there if they got them. I don't want ya to go out of your way to go and pick em up. But hopefully M-P has some. Ya'll can help me adjust it to where it needs to be. Never done it before so.

I'm excited to see how all you PROS get down Getting free **** and all.

Sick board BTW Ryan. Wrap the ankle up and get out there! Or we can just throw ya in, whatever works.

Oh forgot to mention, I don't have a solid wakeboarding rope, more like a ski rope so. If someone would bring one of those along for sunday that would be sweet. Unless you guys don't care! Won't make a difference to me Can anyone else think of something you guys might need???

Oh another thing, my boat doesn't have a warm shower so. If you were wanting to fill up a bucket or warm water, gonna need something to do it with. Gonna ask M-P tomorrow for any fast connects or something that I was hook up to the heat line in the engine long enough to fill a bucket up. But if someone already has a hose with a fast connect on it let me know.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-27-2010, 12:30 AM Reply   
Thanks Jason! If MP doesn't have the wrenches for sale, I got mine at Home Depot. The mechanics at MP were the ones who actually told me where to buy them since they didn't carry them a couple of years ago.

I'll bring my rope so no worries on that.

Let's hope the weather really holds out for us. Looking forward to it!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-27-2010, 11:35 AM Reply   
Jason ~~ I know David and Myself is in and he is planning on dragging his Super Air up also. So our group so far is us two and my two kids. I have an extra rope that I can give ya bro, got just got hooked up with the LG Handle and rope and have an extra.you can use till you pick yourself up one.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
Ryan - Went to M-P and they still don't carry those wrenchs. Went to Lowes cause it was close and they didn't really have any wrenches that would work... Unless your talking about a plumbing wrench or something? Not sure, hit me up with some more info.

Josh - Ya, checked out ropes at M-P and I think it's gonna have to wait to buy one! lol I have a wakeboarding rope, it just flexes so. Not a huge deal to me right now. Did however get some waterproof gloves and some socks to go with the drysuit Can't wait.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-27-2010, 6:05 PM Reply   
Jason ~~ A good rope is pretty important to progress your riding, the one that I'm giving you isnt the best but it works better than a stretchy rope. You can give it a few rides and see if it's something that will work for you and your boat. Like I said I have an extra and willing to help people where needed. Sometimes I wish I never let go of some of the boards that I just gave away but hell somebody is getting into the sport and probably loving it. Anyway just confirmed with David... 12 ish on the south Harbor.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2010, 6:58 PM Reply   
Sweet man thanks a lot! I guess if you have to twist my arm about I'll take/borrow the rope from ya!

You guys wanna PM me your numbers just in case for tomorrow.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-27-2010, 7:02 PM Reply   
Jason, not sure what the name of the wrenches are but Lowes didn't carry them, that's why I went to Home Depot. They're pretty cheap looking and are a Y shaped wrench that's adjustable with a wing nut. I also cut the handle down so it was easier to work with in the tight space. I bought two of them, one for each nut.

Do you have a wakesurfer or do you want me to bring mine (Obrien Alias TT)? I also have a surf rope that I can bring. Planning to bring a extra sack and pump.

Do you want to meet at noon or be on the water at noon? (South Marina) - Weather report says South winds but at 11mph, so if the water is high, it might be a little choppy unless we can get right up against the south wall.
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
I think I know the wrench's your talking. I'll hit up Home Depot another day for em.

I don't have a Wakesurf board but, you prob don't have to bring it tomorrow... Unless ya want to. Doesn't matter to me. I was just thinking a quit trip out so. I'm sure the wives will be freezing her ass off in 2-3 hours out there anyways. We can save that for another/warmer day.

Lets just meet up at Noon at the Lake. I'll hopefully have the boat in the water by the time all you guys show up so. South wind will work. We usually always have to drive clear to the South side near the dike anyways so. Not a big deal.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-27-2010, 8:47 PM Reply   
Ok sounds good, see you tomorrow and thanks again for the invite!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-28-2010, 3:12 PM Reply   
Thanks for the pull today Jason! It was great to finally meet you all in person. If you don't mind, pllease email me any pics that came out good from today.

Until next time!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-28-2010, 4:25 PM Reply   
Wow what a great day on the water! 2 boats both kicking a good wake and good people to share it with. Can't wait to see how or if (Chase was shooting, LOL) and pics turn out. Myself of David will post up when we have a few pics going on the site.

Jason ~~ Nice to meet all you guys and thanks a ton for the pull behind that beast. I was really surprised about the wake size and shape and If you going to use the wedge I would re prop it just for that whole shot. Great boat and wake!

Shima ~~ It's great to catch up with ya on the water, sucks I didn't see ya throw down. Hell there's plenty of time that we can session and work the bugs out of our systems. Glad I landed that Indy TS FS 180 for ya... Stoked that I did it so smooth for the first time throwing it.

David & Chase ~~ Thanks for the water time guys! What a hell of a time being back on that CWB to throw down. Until next time...
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-28-2010, 6:37 PM Reply   
Good to see you guys too Josh! I'll be in better shape the next time we get together to ride. Nice floaty TS Indy 180 today! Can't wait to get out with you and Dave on the SAN, it's been too long since I've hit his wake.
Old    dhorton            03-28-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
Here is one teaser, I'll post some more up tomorrow on Josh's site.
Attached Images

Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2010, 7:29 PM Reply   
Hitting the water in March = AWESOME!!! Had a blast out there today! After looking at the pictures and the vid, the wake looks a lot better (cleaner and taller) with the wedge down. Even tho it does feel like dragging an anchor.

Ryan - That was a sick set! I do have some pretty good pictures that' I'm going through right now. And a vid I'll Post. The D5000 has pretty good video on it, I'm quite impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV4FykghQSA Image Quality looks a lot better on my computer. Uploaded like **** tho. But ya get the point

Josh - Got some MAJOR air!!! (with the wedge down) Got some sweet pics for ya.

David & Chase - Sweet meeting you two! Can't wait to get out there doing again! Chase had some sweet throw downs as well! Wish I had a bigger lens!

Link to the photos I got:
http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...ard%203-28-10/

Ryan:

Josh:

Chase:

David:

Again it was great meeting you guys. But umm... Question for you all. When we going again!?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-28-2010, 7:37 PM Reply   
Thanks for the pics Jason. I may be able to get out one or two more times before I head to HI on April 8th. Just give me a couple of days notice and I'll see what I can plan for.
Old     (tylen01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
Hey it was nice to meet all you guys today. Man I wish I could wakeboard like you guys... Maybe by the end of the season I might be able to do 1 trick...

Chris
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-28-2010, 8:22 PM Reply   
David with some BOOT right there! It's amazing to see this guy progress year after year, just have to have Shima yell at him a few times!

Jason ~~ We have a pretty good and strong Northern thread crew and everybody is super cool and just likes to ride and hang out. I was in your shoes, just looking for people that really likes to ride and I feel onto WW and it's never been the same. Wait till you meet the other Jason on here, he is an F'n crack up! You seem like a cool dude that will fit in right with us. Just be open and willing to ride with anybody and other boats and you will progress. I F'n hate to hear "there to good" type crap, that pushes me to ride better. Shima and his Flyin Hawaiian moves makes me want to get out there and charge just that much more!

Chris ~~ Cute kid!!! Just keep at it and the right fundamentals you will progress faster than most people. It's not the crazy huge wake that makes you fly higher and help you land your tricks. Keep at it, at times it will hurt but others it will be the best feeling in the world. Heck you seen me throw and land the smoothest Indy TS FS 180 (toe side front side) I have ever threw to this day. I threw the handle and put my arms in the air cause I was so excited that I finally did it perfect!!!

Jason & Chris ~~ Take a look at the first pic you posted of Shima... When you hear cut through the wake and don't try and jump off of it, he is killin the saying right there. Line tension and a progressive edge will take you flying in the air!

Last edited by downfortheride; 03-28-2010 at 8:29 PM. Reason: Cause I kick a$$...
Old     (A7X_LSV_23)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2010, 8:58 PM Reply   
Hell, I'm down to ride whenever, wherever, with whoever, and with whatever! Don't matter to me! lol Just always been looking for that bunch of guys that don't brag about what they can do and how much money that made that year! Had, notice the HAD, a bunch of friends just like that. Gets old fast! I ain't gonna lie that you guys are good. But that ain't gonna stop me from trying to catch up All about having fun and doin it! Who cares how good ya are. The wake on my boat kicked my ass today on the slalom lol Freaking SUCKED! I'm actually stocked you guys can do all the tricks. Just gonna be that easier for me and my bro with all the help we can get. Always helps more watching people do it.
Old    dhorton            03-29-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
Suck it Josh

http://dftrdownfortheride.ning.com/p...g-ride-willard
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-29-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
Does anybody else see that David hates me!