Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-09-2017, 10:02 PM Reply   
After using the 3.5mm plug in, I figured I should finally upgrade and get into 2017 technology and hooked up my Exile Bluetooth 4.0 (EXBT4) today. I was not sure what to expect from this little gem but WOW this thing seems legit. Super easy to sync up with my Samsung S7 phone and the sound quality is actually better than it was with the 3.5 cable. Apparently the Exile BT kicks out 2.2 volts of output, I had to readjust my gains on my amps. I walked about 50 feet away from the boat and it was still streaming with no issues. Brian said 10 phones can be paired up to the device, if you turn your BT off at the phone it will autoseek everyone else. What I do like is when you disable the bluetooth and turn back on its immediate with no delays. Still need a water test and summer with it but so far it is looking like a nice upgrade.
http://exileaudio.com/store/install-...-receiver.html
Attached Images

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-10-2017, 6:30 AM Reply   
50 feet you say!!!
Old     (on_wi)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-10-2017, 6:35 AM Reply   
Fman, you're going to love it this summer. I have used one for over a year with no issues. Between that piece and the app "smart volume control+" (GPS volume control) music got a lot easier on my boat last summer.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-10-2017, 7:55 AM Reply   
Cool, I am looking forward to using it. I have always been pleased with Exile products along with the excellent customer service. I have no doubt this BT will get the job done for us.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-10-2017, 9:08 AM Reply   
Please update after you get on the water. My experience with range was similar on the trailer, but once on the water it dropped to 8-10' I think having a bunch of bodies on the boat makes a big dif in range. I'd start getting dropouts from the back of the cabin and definitely from the bow in normal "on the lake" conditions. Worked great from the captain's seat or observer's seat, which is really all I've ever needed tho.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-11-2017, 8:07 PM Reply   
I have two of these for raffle prizes at the 2017 MB Boat Owners Meetup.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-11-2017, 10:59 PM Reply   
Follow up, we were on the lake tonight and gave the Exile BT a good workout. Zero problems with connectivity, syncing or range. We could use the devices anywhere in the boat with no problems, never once lost signal. Very pleased with how this performs.

Why I did not do this earlier I have no idea, great addition to the system.
Old     (kainishida)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-12-2017, 6:57 AM Reply   
Sounds pretty convenient. I read the description but just wanted confirmation.
Did you delete your head unit?
When playing music from your phone the volume is controlled completely from your phone?
If you have a remote volume control installed (transom) how does that work?
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       05-12-2017, 12:41 PM Reply   
I have the Exile BT Media Center in my boat. allows for track forward and back and also has an Aux input. I use the one you got in my Audi...

Obviously the form factor of a 2" gauge is pretty legit. I like the media center over the other BT because I can be surfing and give my wife the signal to track forward if I'm not feelin' the song that comes on. But in the car, the one where I control it exclusively with the phone is best.

That said, the new WS BT that's the form factor of a carslile switch is pretty damn legit.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-13-2017, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kainishida View Post
Sounds pretty convenient. I read the description but just wanted confirmation.
Did you delete your head unit?
When playing music from your phone the volume is controlled completely from your phone?
If you have a remote volume control installed (transom) how does that work?
No head unit just a button to turn on/off. Yes volume on phone needs to be turned up. Once your volume on your eq is set you can then also use the phone to lower and raise max volume.
Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-22-2017, 7:11 AM Reply   
the APP "smart volume control+" available in the app store, i cant find it, i used to run Audio Crusie but affter an update on the iphone it wont work anymore, i have been missing it, i looked for it but no luck, let us know

thanks
giddyup
Old     (on_wi)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-22-2017, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddyup View Post
the APP "smart volume control+" available in the app store, i cant find it, i used to run Audio Crusie but affter an update on the iphone it wont work anymore, i have been missing it, i looked for it but no luck, let us know

thanks
giddyup
I use an android device. The app is called "Smart Volume Control +". I use the non-free version. This app allows me to use the phones GPS to manage the volume on the phone media.

Under Speed Volume Mode I set my volume range from 60% to 100%. I set my speed range to 8 mph to 8 mph and Speed Volume Threshold to 1 mph. That way as soon as I exceed 8 mph my phone jumps from 60% volume to 100%. You can set it to be more gradual if you'd like. But this setting works perfectly for me.

Only downfall, IMO, is that when I silence my phone via the side controls I need to open the app to increase the volume on my notifications. You can increase the volume on your phone ringer with the side controls, but the notifications will stay on silent.