Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (420at)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-02-2015, 8:12 PM Reply   
What are some good used boats that work well out of the box that I can surf/wakeboard on? I had a 97 vlx sunset term and wasn't excited having to fill up 3 bags, manually throw the wedge up and down and shift people around just to wakeboard, and then re-adjust everything when surfing came along (not to mention I ride goofy and everyone else rides regular).

I'd like to spend $25-50k on a boat that has internal ballasts (if I need to add more ballasts, I will as long as it's all hidden and I can plumb in easily), and has a type of surf system. I would also be willing to install an aftermarket surf system as long as I know it will work and have good results.

I'd also like the following (not mandatory, but preferred):

-Walk way through the back of the boat (so the sun deck doesn't get trampled on and worn any faster, like the new Nautiques have)
-surf system
-internal front/center and rear ballast
-perfect pass or equivalent
-$25k-$40k preferred, $50k max

Not too sure what to look for as there are so many options out there. I get lost and don't know what surf systems can go on what boats either for aftermarket.

Thanks for any guidance.