Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rknott)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-23-2011, 11:30 AM Reply   
I'm going to be travelling to the Philippines in a few months and am definately hitting the cable park in Camsur for a few days. The website says that you cannot hit obstacles with the rental boards. I want to hit the sliders and kickers. However I don't want to travel with my board setup for the whole trip as we are going to several different parts of the country.

Has anyone been there that can offer some advice? Did they have any special rentals that you could hit obstacles with? Has anyone shipped their boards directly to the cablepark (instead of checking on the plane)? Any suggestions on the best place to stay at the park (villas, condos, container, etc)?

Thanks,
Rick
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-23-2011, 10:47 PM Reply   
Hi, I'm not really sure what to suggest about boards - we took our own, so it wasn't really a problem for us.
Re accommodation, I'd recommend the cabanas - but ask for one close to the cable when you're booking. They are the closest, and while they're pretty basic, they still have everything you need. Bed, tv, aircon, bathroom. We've stayed in the cabanas and the villas, and the villas are nicer, but not nice enough to justify the extra money. The only real benefit is a small fridge, but if you're at the cable all day you'll be getting cold drinks there anyway.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       02-24-2011, 9:54 AM Reply   
where else will you be traveling to in the PI? let me know if you need suggestions.

Biggest mistake people make when they go all the way to the PI to visit Camsur - is NOT go anywhere else - Missing OUT huge.
Old     (rknott)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-01-2011, 1:19 PM Reply   
Miguel - We are meeting up with some friends from there so we will be getting around more than just CWC. Spending time in Manilla, a farm outside of Iloilo, and Boracay. Any suggestions around those places would be great.

Alice - Thanks for the input. The cabanas look good, wewill try to stay there. And I'll probabably end up takin my my own gear then FedEx it back after we leave the cable park. Did you have any trouble with board bags on the hopper flight from Manila to Naga?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-01-2011, 3:08 PM Reply   
NICE!!! I was going to mention Boracay - no doubt!!!! If you have not already booked a place to stay in Boracay - try and stay in Station 1. Station 2&3are the busiest parts of the beach. Station 1 - is where the nicer resorts/hotels are and the beach is much quieter. EAT ALL THE SEAFOOD YOU CAN!!!!! MAKE SURE YOU DRINK ONLY BOTTLED WATER & if you buy a shake, make sure to ask if the ice is filtered ice.

I recommend staying at the White House or Fridays. The white house will be the least expensive place to stay in that area - but awesome. Thats where I stay every time. Make sure you Dive, Snorkel all you can - there is no comparison anywhere else in the world.

If you still have funds - Go to El Nido - another small island thats unbelievable.

When you are in Manila - make sure to ask someone to take you to Greenhills to go shopping. Trust me!!!!
Here are some pics of Boracay:
Attached Images

Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-01-2011, 10:22 PM Reply   
Hey Rick, you won't have any trouble getting your board on the manila naga flight - a lot of their passengers are wakeboarders They do have a 15kg luggage allowance, and depending on who serves you they may make you pay excess baggage - but it's not a lot of money. With cebu pacific you can also prepay excess baggage which makes it even cheaper.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-01-2011, 10:32 PM Reply   
Boracay is awesome for sure, wicked place to kiteboard also if you do that, or are interested to learn.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-07-2011, 12:33 PM Reply   
I would skip Boracay . Check out El Nido if you have about a week to spend there . Have not been to Camsur yet , but there is suppost to be alot to do and see away from the park. Baguio and 100 island are cool for a 3 day trip. Boaracay 3 days.