Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-01-2009, 9:31 PM Reply   
I really hate the wheels on my new trailer. I got a great deal on it so I didn't push the fact of swapping wheels when I bought my boat. Figured I'd sell these and buy something I liked.

Huge blinged wheels are the norm these days on new boat trailers but I want to stay with 15" so I can use my existing tires. I think some sort of chrome/black combo would look great on my trailer. Also, I will be flipping the tires so the white wall is hidden.

Current wheels can be seen here. Just ugly and do not fit the trailer and boat at all.

http://www.aarondenny.net/images/Denny_210/

(Message edited by aarond0083 on April 01, 2009)
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-01-2009, 10:11 PM Reply   
I honestly hate black wheels. Just put steelies on it if you must have black, and save a bunch of money.
Old     (illkid)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-02-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
Can't go wrong with 15" black steelies! And only $46 each. Booyeah

Upload
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-02-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
Well you certainly bought the Right boat.
Its absolutely beautiful. Have you talked to Prestige and your dealer to maybe trade them in?
The black wheels would take away from your rig.
I think it look great the way it is.
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-02-2009, 8:06 AM Reply   
Definitely not a nautique but we put black steelies on ours.. I hated the chrome wheels.

Upload
Old    pdxWAKE.com            04-02-2009, 8:14 AM Reply   
Black baby...
Upload

Upload
Upload

(Message edited by tyler97217 on April 02, 2009)
Old     (rugdr)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-02-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
Diggs, what modifications did you have to make to your trailer...if any. Also how what are the size of both your wheels and tires. When I talked to the company that made my trailer, they said that I would most likely have to change my axles and fenders. Did you have to do any of this to make them work?

Sorry for the hijack, but Aaron my benefit from this wealth of knowledge too...haha!
Old    pdxWAKE.com            04-02-2009, 8:27 AM Reply   
On the supra trailers (boatmate) I did not have to do anything but put them on. You have to find a tire with a large enough hole to get the oil bath hub through. On the Malibu trailer (DHM) I had to put a tiny little spacer to push the fender shield in a bit. 5 Cent part and took about 2 mins.
Wheels are AMP 18"s
Tires are 255 45R 18

(Message edited by tyler97217 on April 02, 2009)
Old     (rugdr)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-02-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
Thanks Diggs. That's what I thought...it's not like it is exact rocket science. I take it that your wheels are 18X9? Thanks again!
Old    pdxWAKE.com            04-02-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
not sure on width. sorry...
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-02-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
Love the wheels on that Supra trailer. What are those?

I think the black/chrome wheels pop on a trailer with stainless fenders.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            04-02-2009, 10:23 AM Reply   
I will trade them for your Dane....
They are AMP wheels. I am sure you can google them. Nothing fancy and quite affordable. Les Schwab carries them out here, but you won't have Les Schwab's on the east coast. You should have some local dealer though.