Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-21-2011, 7:09 PM Reply   
Hey guys! Out with the old, and in with the new(er)!

Just upgraded from my 1989 Ski Nautique

1996 Super Sport Nautique, 230hours

previous owner added just prior to purchasing

-Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer w/18" rims
-New Dimensions installed FCT Tower, Bimini, & Boardracks

Drove 2400km to get this beauty from North Carolina and bring her home to Canada!

can't even express how stoked I am or how long this winter is going to be.

plans for the winter are:

-black polk mmr651 6.5" inboats
-new alpine deck (probably 9886M)
-Sub & Amp (not sure yet)
-contemplating installing my 4 PRO 80s & SYN2 that are sitting on my shelf but not sure if I want to lose headroom
-removed blue rubrail & install black one

I am thinking about removing the stock side decals and putting on the big AIR decal from 00-03 & the Super Air Nautique at the rear

Hope you guys like it
Attached Images

Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       10-21-2011, 8:19 PM Reply   
Congrats! Looks awesome!! Sure is going to be a long winter!
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-21-2011, 10:03 PM Reply   
Congrats! Sweet boat. I am selling a 98 to Australia. Leaves Monday. They are very nice. I'm not sure I can recall the decals you want to put on, but the current ones look pretty good. Clean! Let me guess, you got a Super Air without the Super price?!
Old     (UNvisible)      Join Date: May 2010       10-22-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
had a 97 super sport before i picked up my SANTE, great boat.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-22-2011, 1:52 PM Reply   
is the 89 hull the same as the 95? looks great!
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-22-2011, 5:57 PM Reply   
Hey guys thanks! The big decals I am wanting are just the big silver AIR decals to update it.

I paid $19.5k for it

The hull looks very similar in shape when comparing the two! I am stoked to ride a 210 wake! I have never before. I ran 1500-1800lb in my 89' but I have heard it is not even in the same ballpark
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-23-2011, 6:37 AM Reply   
Sweet! The only thing better than a Nautique is two of them.
Old     (kyboatworks)      Join Date: Jan 2008       10-27-2011, 2:58 PM Reply   
Very nice!! That's a sweet upgrade. Like the color scheme.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       10-29-2011, 7:36 PM Reply   
Awesome! I'm jealous! I also have a 2001 now and can't wait to upgrade to a SS. Was this one on CL? Don't think I've seen it there.
If you really can't wait feel free to pull it down to Costa Rica and we'll take it for a spin
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-29-2011, 10:26 PM Reply   
Unless you really need a CD player (and I'd just add a changer at that point), I would go with the iDA-X100M. Can be had for about the same price as the 9886, and IMO is a nicer unit overall. I recently installed the X100M in my Malibu and it is a solid unit.
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-30-2011, 5:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
Awesome! I'm jealous! I also have a 2001 now and can't wait to upgrade to a SS. Was this one on CL? Don't think I've seen it there.
If you really can't wait feel free to pull it down to Costa Rica and we'll take it for a spin
Sander! I have been searching online for 2-3 years for a super sport or SAN. I was looking for a SAN but couldnt justify it at the price that I got for this one! I found it on boattrader on a friday night a couple weeks ago and called the dealer, Belew Wake Marine in Stokesdale, NC on saturday asking if it was available and it was and I asked him if I could come early that week and he said it was mine!

Super stoked and Todd was awesome to deal with at Belew
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-30-2011, 5:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
Unless you really need a CD player (and I'd just add a changer at that point), I would go with the iDA-X100M. Can be had for about the same price as the 9886, and IMO is a nicer unit overall. I recently installed the X100M in my Malibu and it is a solid unit.
I had the 9886 in my ski nautique and it worked great. I like playing CDs while at the dock every once and awhile just because the music quality is better. I will look into the X100M though
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-30-2011, 6:53 PM Reply   
Is that a DD boat?
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-31-2011, 3:18 AM Reply   
The black and white ski nautique is a direct drive, my new boat the blue super sport is a vdrive with the same hull as a super air nautique from 1999 to 2006
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-31-2011, 8:32 AM Reply   
Congrats! Get ready, you're gonna get booted compared to your old boat's wake.
Old     (mro)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-31-2011, 6:07 PM Reply   
Hey, are you the same Delmage of MXForum fame? I thought your name sounded familiar for some reason and it just hit me.
If you are or not, I've got the exact same boat as you - same year too.
I'm out in Oakville, and we trailer around everywhere.
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-31-2011, 6:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mro View Post
Hey, are you the same Delmage of MXForum fame? I thought your name sounded familiar for some reason and it just hit me.
If you are or not, I've got the exact same boat as you - same year too.
I'm out in Oakville, and we trailer around everywhere.
Jono, I am the same delmage from mxforum. I have been a member there since 04. I quit racing in 2006 when I broke my back at walton qualifying for the transcan (and a string of other stupid injuries) but still lurk around a bit to try and keep up with the motocross scene.

That is sick you have the same boat! We only trailer too. I live down near sarnia and have a wicked local spot we ride at but we ride up near parry sound at a family cottage! Where do you normally ride?
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-31-2011, 6:39 PM Reply   
Here are a couple more photos!
Attached Images

Old     (mro)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-31-2011, 7:30 PM Reply   
Hmmm, your path was similar to mine. But not quite as brutal. I stopped racing around 2005, and have just been goin to the tracks for fun since. Its not as fun though, cause when you stop racing it seems like you loose 90% of your riding areas. You can only go to gopher so many times in your life. I got bad arthritis in the ankles and a couple of shattered shoulders for souveniers. The bike is goin for good in the spring. That nice 210 wake fills the void nicely though. You'll forget about moto pretty quick.
We ride the grand river alot. Of course lake onterrible because we live on it, but its hard to get good conditions unless you're out of bed at 5. We end up surfing more when we're out there. Once in a while we make the trip north to try something different. Theres alot of sketchiness up there if you're checkin out new lakes though.
Old     (glasgow)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-03-2011, 4:18 PM Reply   
Thats a nice looking ride.... I wouldn't do a thing to the decals. I like that classic look. I had a 88 and upgraded to a 03SAN. Still miss riding around in my 88, shouldn't have sold it. . . . . All you need to do is slam it with some weight and turn the Tunes up......... Have fun..... If you in NC we are still riding so don't winterize it yet.....
Old     (delmage171)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-04-2011, 2:16 PM Reply   
I am on the fence for the decals. This awesome 1997 I saw a couple years ago keeps making me want to update the decals to newer SAN decals

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/sh...97+super+sport

After the last 3 years of pumping in/out bags with a tsunami I plan to run a 4 pump full auto system before anything.

I am not in NC anymore. I brought it home to southwestern Ontario, Canada

I plan to get my first and probably last set until spring tomorrow. Its supposed to be -1C (30F) here tomorrow AM so it should be brisk!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       11-04-2011, 8:54 PM Reply   
Bravo! It's the only right thing to do; can't buy it and put it away for half a year or so without having ridden behind it. Good luck and post some pics!
Old     (jp_over)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-10-2011, 8:31 PM Reply   
Very nice boat!