Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (lakerat34)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-19-2010, 3:26 PM Reply   
I just bought 3 relays for all 3 of my jabsco pumps but I'm wondering now if I need 2 relays per pump for both inlet and outlet from my dashpod. Any suggestions? On another note, the relays are 12v 40 amp. Is 40 amp to much and do I need to purchase 12v 20 amp?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-19-2010, 5:30 PM Reply   
1st, you never need to worry about something being able to handle "too much" current. So, the relay says it's a 40A relay, that means it can handle up to a 40A load.

2nd, if you are using the supplied DPDT switches, you do not need the relays.

3rd, yes, you are correct, it will take 2 relays per switch/pump in order to reverse polarity, but that's only needed when using a SPDT switch instead of a DPDT switch, like what comes with the Puppies.
Old     (lakerat34)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-20-2010, 4:40 AM Reply   
Thanks TigeMike. Maybe I need to figure out how to make up a box for the DPDT swithces and find a place to mount it. Just thought it would look better running off of the dash swithces but it might simplify it going the direction you suggested.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-20-2010, 6:32 AM Reply   
What kind of switches are on the dash? Aren't they a typical Carling rocker switch? If so, and they are single pole double throw, the just pop them out ad replace them with double pole double throw.
Old     (lakerat34)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-21-2010, 5:15 AM Reply   
They are the rubber push buttons on what they call the dashpod on the nautique crossover SV-211. I just bought the boat 2 weeks ago. They are not the rocker swithces therefore that is why I would rather just use the stock swithces if I can.