Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Skyscooter)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-06-2016, 3:12 AM Reply   
Current centurion sv211
Nice regular wave
Too much mechanics for wife to set up

Need quality goofy and regular wave
Easy switch side to side

Ideas of wave and ease of use

Thanks
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       05-06-2016, 6:04 AM Reply   
those choices and my coin?
either tige r22 or supreme s226. whichever dealer was better. I'd probably lean toward the tige tho as the supreme has a smaller cabin/larger bow that I was not a huge fan of, but both will throw a solid surfwave with some upgraded bags.
Old     (Squamer)      Join Date: Oct 2015       05-06-2016, 7:17 AM Reply   
Go to Meredith Marina and demo a Doomswell board, while your there test drive the Tiges, then drive to Silver Sands Marina and talk to Barry, demo an Inland surfer with a Mastercraft, then drive 1/2 mile to Channel Marine and talk to Jason and demo the Centurions/ Supremes. Skip Macallans because you cant afford a Nautique ( yea neither can I). In my opinion I wouldn't waste the time on a Mastercraft, Tige would be my third choice behind Supreme/Centurion (second would be Supra but limited in the area). Moomba isn't even on my radar.

Honestly I did exactly what you're doing at the end of last summer. As my family grows I was looking to get a little more space, up until now the 21 footer was perfect. Ended up cancelling the new boat order because my SV211 goofy wave was better than anything else I saw in the area except for the new Centurions and Nautiques ( didn't want to spend 90k+). The Mastercrafts had no push and the lip wasn't defined, and the Tiges fit and finish wasn't up to par for what I was looking for.

The other thing you are battling is you are looking to buy a boat at arguably the worst time of the year. Prices aren't going to budge like they will at the end of the season.

Hope this helps and as always if you make it out on Winnisquam and are looking for a pull let me know!

Last edited by Squamer; 05-06-2016 at 7:19 AM. Reason: Season
Old     (mschmidt33)      Join Date: Aug 2013       05-06-2016, 9:39 AM Reply   
I own an RZR. I did a demo tour with my buddy between a T22, Craz, and NXT22 last year and the Craz won. Tige did not have a surf system last year and that was on his short list. Its a nice boat. I would go demo all 3. Its the only way to answer the question yourself. I would guess the R22 will have the best wave out of those 4.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-06-2016, 11:59 AM Reply   
Supreme for the win if you are looking for the best wake out of your choices
Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       05-06-2016, 12:42 PM Reply   
Supreme for the best wave and rough water ride of the listed choices.
Old     (BLucas86)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-06-2016, 1:15 PM Reply   
Ive been in the R21 with Taps 3, and given the price point, it throws one hell of a surf wave. Good Luck!
Old     (Skyscooter)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-06-2016, 6:19 PM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback. Our family is now larger as we invite other families along.
Irwins now has moomba in alton bay. Always good service with irwins.

Test tige tomorrow
Old     (Skyscooter)      Join Date: Apr 2016       05-07-2016, 3:32 PM Reply   
Test drove tige. Nice boat and ride. Too much electronics for our liking. Moomba craz has great cabin vs bow seating. Supreme was very plain inside. Too much bow and not enough cabin room in supreme.

Wake is king. Will test next week
Old     (Maver1ck)      Join Date: May 2016       06-05-2016, 7:31 AM Reply   
I am driving a moomba craz since 2 months and been very happy with it. We had got an issue with our stereo unit but the rest works just perfect.
The wake is big with only 3 people in it.
And it is even better on the port side...
https://youtu.be/ptDtICJU-i8

Or have you already made your decision?
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       06-05-2016, 8:10 AM Reply   
The wake on the Craz is very good for both surfing and wakeboarding. Very good well rounded boat that I think you'll be very happy with. Not to mention the interior finish is very nice for a "value" boat.
Old     (Skyscooter)      Join Date: Apr 2016       06-06-2016, 6:29 PM Reply   
We are needing to sell out boat first. Trade in price too low. Craz meets our needs and may get 2017 model.

Thanks for input ..