Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigsurf)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-12-2015, 4:16 PM Reply   
Hello

I have been dialing in my sunsport surf wave and cannot get enough lift to easily surf. I am 6'5 and weigh 300 lbs. I can go wireless but not for vary long. I surf goofy footed and probably look that way doing it. I am am looking at a 2007 centrurion enzo sv240 but hear constant bad reviews on on the goofy wave. Let me know your thoughts?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-12-2015, 7:52 PM Reply   
Do an a plate mod and you will be money
Old     (bigsurf)      Join Date: Oct 2015       10-13-2015, 7:50 AM Reply   
Does any one have details on this plate mod drawings or schematics or even where can I purchase. Also does anyone have video of larger guy surfing goofy?
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       10-14-2015, 1:25 PM Reply   
Go on the Centurion Crew website & check there... Couple questions for you, does this boat have a motorized trim tab or is it fixed? Fixed you will not be able to do as well.
Also, Phase 5 has a new board out called the Kong, would be perfect for you to ride ropeless!
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-15-2015, 10:24 AM Reply   
Joel,

I used a 2007 240 and 230 quite a lot. Yes, the standard goofy wave is the pits. However it is fixable with mods. The 230 was one of the workhorses of wakesurfing back then, and the 240 was just its bigger brother. It can take a huge amount of weight. Yes it will be a vast improvement to your current boat, but if the goofy wave is really important to you, there are alternatives that will require less work. I am goofy too, so I feel you. Engine size is important, and these have a tendency, like virtually all wake boats, to burn up transmissions.

Nick
Old     (Copenglenn)      Join Date: Aug 2015       10-20-2015, 7:48 AM Reply   
Do an asymmetrical trim plate (A-Plate) on the 240 and you'll be good to go. That's what they've done on the new models and it seems to make everyone happy. There's a long thread with a lot of reviews over on the centurion crew forum. Check it out.