Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (daxxruckus)      Join Date: May 2008       10-25-2016, 1:52 PM Reply   
Hey everyone,

I've been helping Wakesports' Matty Crofton on a project to help us get a Cable Park built in San Diego. We have their attention and they are interested, but now want to see how many people would even be interested in attending and supporting such a place. We have a petition up on WakeBoardSD to log signatures and update progress on the project.

Would love anyone and everyone, regardless of location, to help us out and sign the petition if they would come and visit a Wakeboard Cable Park in San Diego. The closest park is in Sacramento, over 8 hours away!

Please check out our page, share it on any social media you can, and help us get a new Cable Park on the west coast!!!

Sign the petition here:

http://www.wakeboardsd.net/cablepark/

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-25-2016, 3:13 PM Reply   
*bump...

Signed. I would head over from Phoenix area!
Old     (daxxruckus)      Join Date: May 2008       10-25-2016, 3:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newwhit View Post
*bump...

Signed. I would head over from Phoenix area!
Right on! Thanks for the support. I expect everyone from AZ and maybe even NV/CO would be heading out here if we can actually get this thing done!
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-25-2016, 6:14 PM Reply   
Not to bring up the Elephant in the room but we have tried this many times before with nothing but alot of work put into it and no outcome...although the last time around The Great Recession impacted the Santee Lakes project. I'll sign the petition and support it 100% but dont get your hopes up....many people on the city council are fisherman and they have no love for towed watersports....hence the restrictions at San Vicent....just my .02
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-25-2016, 7:20 PM Reply   
I would love to see a cable in SD after all the previously failed attempts.

What locations are being considered for it?
Old     (daxxruckus)      Join Date: May 2008       10-25-2016, 9:43 PM Reply   
I can't speak on the locations just yet, first we need to prove that the interest is there. But there are a few great locations being considered.

And Randy, I totally agree - I was heavily involved with the Santee Lakes project (and even the short lived attempt up at Pala), attended all the CC meetings, and documented the entire thing pretty heavily on the website:

http://www.wakeboardsd.net/tag/santee/
http://www.wakeboardsd.net/tag/santee-cable-park/

I'm hoping with the recent re-opening of San Vicente that we will have a resurgance of wakeboarding here in San Diego again. Hopefully it will help show the city that we have the use base for something like this.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-28-2016, 12:10 PM Reply   
You should talk with Noel of Wake Island. He's built a successful business and now delivers fun for the whole family. He has a model that could be shared during your journey. I'd bet their are impressive metrics for how much money he brings to the city and county, and how he's made an area that no one ever heard of a popular destination.

A cable park in SD creates another attraction to an already highly attractive area.
Old     (sd_wakesports)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-04-2016, 8:20 AM Reply   
Signed, Great job daxxruckus !!!
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-04-2016, 4:25 PM Reply   
signed... good luck!
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-13-2016, 7:50 AM Reply   
Signed
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       11-14-2016, 12:30 PM Reply   
Signed!
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-24-2017, 1:04 PM Reply   
Any progress on this?