Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-29-2012, 7:10 AM Reply   
I'll start:

A bunch of us rented a lakehouse on Watts Bar this past weekend. Let's set the stage here: Friday night, we got the boats in, took a few quick sets before dark, surfed a bit, then headed back to the house for dinner. We pounded a bunch of shots after the kids went to bed and set up the beer pong table on the back porch of this house. Well, the house is a big two story job, with a deck on the second story overlooking the back yard/lake. To keep the ping pong balls from flying off into the yard, we had to hang all sorts of towels, carpet pieces from the boats, etc, over the deck railing. One piece of carpet wouldn't stay, so we used this scooter thing that my friend brought for his 2 year old to ride to weigh down the carpet by setting the scooter up on the railing on top of the carpet.

Here's a picture of the type of scooter I'm talking about here:

After about 15 straight games, someone tried to catch rogue ball, stumbled back and knocked the scooter off the railing, causing it to fall about 15 feet into the back yard. For some reason, we all decided to walk down to the back yard to look for a few ping pong balls that had still made it over the railing and to retrieve the scooter. The back yard of this house was terraced, and sloped down about 100ft to the water. Underneath the second floor deck was a flat concrete pad. From the pad, there was about 20 feet of grass at about a 45 degree angle, which then leveled off to the first terrace that was about 20ft long. Then, there was a second 25 foot section of grass at a 45 degree angle, followed by what appeared to be shrubbery, and then the lake. There was a nice path of mulch that ran down the length of the back yard to the lake, which was covered in mulch. Attached is a pic showing just the last little bit of yard before the lake (you can see the path).

Well, we decided to see who could ride that damn scooter the farthest down the back yard - in hindsight, this was a terrible idea. The long and the short of it was that all of us wiped out about 5 times each on that first transition from 45 degree angle to flat grass area, but one guy finally made it half way down the second drop off before wiping out. Not to be outdone, I ran up to the concrete pad, and dropped in. By basically leaning over the front of the handle bars, I managed to not fly off the back of the scooter, and made it down the first and second drop-offs. I swear I was going like 40mph by the time I hit the second flatish area of the yard. I was angling in on that mulch path, which (in my drunkin stupor, I thought I'd be able to ride to the dock). As I'm accelerating down the second dropoff, apparently, I yelled "I'M TAKING IT TO THE LAAAAAAAAKKKKEEEEEEE!", at which point, the front wheels of the scooter dropped off into a hole and I went over the front, raley style, did a complete front flip, and landed on my side in the shrubs short of the soft mulch path, and continued to roll down the hill for a bout 10 ft. Unbeknownst to me, the "shrubbery", was really just weeds growing up amongst a slope of rip rap. Thankfully, I managed to miss all of the rocks with my head, and took the brunt of the damage in my protective layer of man fat.

Three days later, the bruises are starting to show up, and I'm sore hell, but the scratches on my back and lets are starting to fade. As you can imagine, I got some pretty funny looks on the lake this weekend from strangers. I'm sure they thought I wrestled a raccoon or something.

Got to love stupid, drunk decisions. So, what dumb stuff did you guys do this past holiday weekend?
Attached Images

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-29-2012, 7:16 AM Reply   
I hope I can still have that much fun & not become old & soft after I have kids!!
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-29-2012, 7:18 AM Reply   
Great story man! I was laughing reading it just picturing some drunk guy trying that. Hope it heal quick!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-29-2012, 7:20 AM Reply   
Alcohol, a steep hill and a scooter. What could go wrong?
Old     (bigd1031)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-29-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
Love it.....thanks for the story, really helped to kick start my day with a little laughter.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-29-2012, 7:28 AM Reply   
I was pretty lit up on shots and beer and decided to wake skate one last time before it got too dark. My wedding ring ripped off the callous on my hand, I have grip rash on 5 of my 10 knuckles and my inner arm.

The next morning I decided to redeem myself while I still had a clear head (so it was around 9am haha)
Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-29-2012, 7:32 AM Reply   
Damm that sounds like a great time. Glad no one was hurt, amazing the things we can do with some liquid courage
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-29-2012, 8:13 AM Reply   
Yeah, I was so sore from this weekend, and wanted to keep my boat safe from all of the memorial day madness, so I just backed the boat up to my inlaws pool, jammed Pandora on Buffet/Marley for 8 hours, and floated safely on a raft with beer in hand all day yesterday.
Attached Images

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-29-2012, 8:17 AM Reply   
We grew mustaches. Threw on 70's gear. Jumped on a plane with it on and proceeded to tear up Vegas. Paying for it today though........
This is us at the airport
Attached Images

Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-29-2012, 8:26 AM Reply   
Diggs....Now that is style! You have to man up ...which one is you?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-29-2012, 8:34 AM Reply   
^^^^ That is freaking AWESOME!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-29-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
I am not sure I can disclose which one I am, but I am sure someone else on here knows me and will call me out. Let's just say I was very bright....
Old     (ScottR)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-29-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
Love the "bright" pants man! You truly had to man up to rock that to LV. Thanks for sharing. Good to see people having fun in life and not taking themselves too seriously!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-29-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
Not gonna lie to you...... Rocking the mustaches at the pool might have been the most embarrassing part of it.
Old     (dhill)      Join Date: Aug 2010       05-29-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
^^^^^ too great
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-29-2012, 9:38 AM Reply   
that's awesome, ya'll look straight out of the movie blow though haha. you just made my day.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-29-2012, 10:05 AM Reply   
That friggin square pattern suit is EPIC....
Old     (wakeboy01)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-29-2012, 11:08 AM Reply   
You set the bar pretty high here Diggs. Those get ups are fantastic [except for the guy rocking jeans... C'MON MAN!].
Old     (joebob)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-01-2012, 1:39 PM Reply   
Man, boring friday at work browsing the threads and what do I see? Memories right there. Shoulda know Diggs wouldn't let that one slip by. Good times, you ready to drink again or still got the shakes and sweats?
Old     (joebob)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-01-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   

To much fun...