Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-10-2010, 11:24 AM Reply   
Hey all.

I'm looking for some team building camps, excercises, places, etc. information. Got a group of about 25 or so. We are located in the central valley area. Open to suggestions. Very diverse group.

Any ideas or suggestions on places to look into?

Thanks.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-10-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
Hope this thread takes off...I need to know the same. Valley or Bay Area works for me.
Old     (megsswm)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-10-2010, 12:21 PM Reply   
Depending on how far you want to travel there are some great outdoor programs up in the foothills.
http://www.malode.com/challengecourse/ropes.html?gclid=CKThno7M6J8CFSgtawodjH31Gg

or Moaning Caverns in Calaveras county can arrange special programs for groups with climbing sessions, etc. I have done it with a group and it was a great team building experience.

I know there are a few other ropes courses and camps up this way that offer these types of programs as well.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-10-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
Do you need it to be guided? How about a snowmobile trip in Bear Valley?
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-10-2010, 5:07 PM Reply   
This isn't exactly "team building" as I think of it, but a company excursion that does well in building camaraderie is go kart racing like this place --

http://www.k1speed.com/
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-10-2010, 5:35 PM Reply   
Best possible team building exercises were explored by South African rugby during the preparation for the 2003 work cup, the fabled Kamp Staaldraad system. Some of the highlights include:
* The team was ordered to climb into a foxhole naked and sing the national anthem while ice-cold water was poured over their heads. During their time in the hole, recordings of God Save the Queen ( England's national anthem) and the New Zealand All Blacks haka were played at full volume.
* It was confirmed that firearms were present at the camp, although reports varied as to whether they were ever pointed at anyone.
* The players were forced to crawl naked across gravel.
* They also were ordered to spend a night in the bush, during which they were to kill and cook chickens, but not eat them.

Hahahhaha, awesome.
Source: http://www.economicexpert.com/a/Kamp:Staaldraad.htm
Old     (wstr01)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-12-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
I attended a teamwork class yesterday at work. Not very effective since only half of the "team" was there. The ones that didn't show up are the ones that need it the most.

You should rent a paintball facility during the week. Let them go out and shoot each other. They will soon realize that if they don't communicate, trust, rely, strategize and work as a team, they will get their butts kicked by the team that does. Everything that happens on the field can be applied in the work place (it just happens at a MUCH faster pace). It's a great learning experience (and really fun too).