Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-08-2009, 9:21 PM Reply   
just wanted to share how stoked i am. Also the recent thread about Raleys really helped.
so thanks everyone
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-08-2009, 9:30 PM Reply   
Thats sick dude! Congrats!

How many tries?
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-08-2009, 9:38 PM Reply   
ive done raley starts at tsr for a couple years, landed my first raley off a kicker at owc a month ago. Took the trick to the wakeskate about two weeks ago, then tried it on my wakeboard right after two times (i wasnt cutting hard enough) then i tried it the next weekend twice (got really close) then i landed it on my third try yesterday
Old    murrayair            06-08-2009, 10:26 PM Reply   
Congrats, Ryan! Out of curiosity, how bad were the crashes when you didn't land it?
Old     (killercam)      Join Date: May 2009       06-08-2009, 10:34 PM Reply   
Right on man! One of the first big tricks i learned. Not many people do them anymore, but people still go crazy when you throw a huge one into the flats haha
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-08-2009, 11:40 PM Reply   
damn dude congrats!!!!!!!!
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-09-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
my falls were not really that bad. I think because ive been wakeboarding/falling for a long time now i was able to "control my falls" so i didnt ever get worked over real bad.
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       06-09-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
I did my first this weekend too - by accident. Fortunately I had read how to get the board back underneath you, so I survived when it flew out behind me. Now if I could only remember how I got it out there in the first place...
Old    K.B.C.            06-09-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
right on man, stick with it and get it down. I landed one last year and haven't even tried one since.
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-09-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
Congrats Ryan !! that is awesome !! the raley is my favorite trick to do !! once you have them dialed they are so easy to go gianormous on......and raleying over people while doubling is just sick fun.
Old     (bwags500)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-09-2009, 9:32 PM Reply   
raleys are sick tricks my boy raleyd over me today, try doing that sometime its a crazy perspective
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-10-2009, 8:02 AM Reply   
echo ??
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-11-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
Congrats man! I tried one for the first time a couple weeks ago. Threw me straight into a front flip. Reading about your success though makes me want to give it another go. so really...how many tries?
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-11-2009, 7:32 PM Reply   
6 total attempts before landing it on the 7th attempt. two attempts at a time over three separate outings
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-12-2009, 7:15 AM Reply   
Congrats man! Wish I had the same luck...I tried them last sunday. I started on the wakeskate and got them dialed so I strapped in and went for it. I freaked out because I started to stargaze it right off the wake so I let go with my front hand. Then, I decided I needed to bail, so instead of belly flopping, I yanked the handle to try and pull it around to a big off axis 3. It kind of worked actually, but I landed with my knees completely bent and crunched them badly. I was on crutches for a few days and wont be able to ride for a week or more. (Knee sprain, luckily no tear)
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-12-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
Damn! that sucks Adam. Dont give up! sounds like you should wait a little while though . I hear that the bigger you go on the raley the easier it is to land since you have more time to correct if you get really stargazed, you can still pull it down. is this pretty accurate?
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-12-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
I have tried them a few times too and I always get so far stargazed that my only hope of any type of semi-soft landing is to try and take it to revert.... Now this is just to get the board on the water 1st so that I can absorb some of the impact with my legs... I need to get them right in my head and try again later this year... But, the BIG crashes will make you not want to try again.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       06-12-2009, 12:58 PM Reply   
I have tried them a few times too and I always get so far stargazed that my only hope of any type of semi-soft landing is to try and take it to revert....
Same here. Gave it 2 tries after doing some off the skate. My problem was (is) that I came off edge a bit and so threw it a bit too early. Gave up after those 2 tries before I hurt myself. Next time I'll do a few off the skate again and then give it another shot.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-12-2009, 6:13 PM Reply   
Yeah I stargaze too, I just always let go with my front hand when I get extended. I dunno why, seems like a Krypt is almost more natural