Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Zteven)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-28-2014, 3:24 PM Reply   
How accurate are everyone's Bennett Trim Tab gauges? Mine is not accurate at all and only reads through half the travel of the actuator. Is this normal?
Attached Images

Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       04-28-2014, 3:35 PM Reply   
Its not a big deal Steve,

Well just look at the wave and be like...looks good...not enough...too much.. lol
Old     (Zteven)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-29-2014, 2:22 PM Reply   
The problem is when I'm wakeboarding and the driver 'fully retracts' the trim tab, stopping it when the gauge reads '0% activated.' At that point the tab is still half way down, which messes up the wake.

Benett has told me this is not normal, the dealer has said 'talk to the manufacturer yourself,' and the manufacturer seems to think this is normal operation.

I'm just trying to find out if this is 'normal operation' or not.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-29-2014, 10:39 PM Reply   
On the iboats forum there is a guy called TabMan who is with Bennett and he could answer your questions well. There is some inconsistency in the systems because it picks up from a slider in the piston. Like a household dimmer it might not be completely accurate. Perhaps a small resistor in the line would make it more accurate but I don't rally know. Mine is pretty even.
Old     (Zteven)      Join Date: Sep 2013       04-30-2014, 10:27 AM Reply   
Thanks for the feedback.

I've already emailed Bennett and they say they believe the gauge / actuator combo is incorrect which is causing the gauge to read inaccurate:

"FLTG1125S is a special configration unit that is designed to work with a special configuation actuator, but the actuator you have installed isn't the correct one for the application... TG201 would come closer to reading correctly, but it will have a black bezel vs. silver"

The manufacturer disagrees and says my gauge readings are 'normal.'

Any other feedback with what 'normal' is would be much appreciated.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-30-2014, 10:36 AM Reply   
Maybe we should trade, mine is black bezel and only goes to 0-40% because my actuators are shorter .