Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 1:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
So a guy pushing 60 is grocery shopping with his mama on a Saturday night - and you think this somehow has something to do with "the left" lol. Dude's crazy. I guess we can all agree that some people simply shouldn't have firearms. Great point Mark!
I don’t think anyone would disagree that a person with a serious mental illness or serious criminal record should not own any weapon.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Okay dude, I guess we are all supposed to be cracking up now???

Now, when I make you cry like wombat did the other day, I hope you remember this post. I don't want you to be a little bitch and tell me I shouldn't have went there.
So you made bail? Great to have you back.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:

Now, when I make you cry like wombat did the other day, I hope you remember this post. I don't want you to be a little bitch and tell me I shouldn't have went there.
Just make sure it’s funny. I’m rooting for you, princess.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-19-2019, 1:51 PM Reply   
Quote:

Who cried? You're pathetic & resorted to kids & I didn't say a damn thing back to you about it, I laughed & I continue to laugh cause it's clear as day you're an alone angry little man who cries himself to sleep ashamed of the Trump pics he rubs one off to before bed.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
https://www.thedailybeast.com/andrew...a=twitter_page

They all knew. Does this mean McConnel and Ryan were part of the coup?
Hey, let me help you add some salt and pepper to that nothing burger you got there.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcc...pecial-counsel
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-19-2019, 2:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Okay, then I guess all Trumpsters are dumbasses that send non-functioning mail bombs to Democratic politicians. And I guess all Trumpsters drive their car into people that are protesting the Million Man Tiki March.
Hey your free to feel how every you like. And I also support your rights as a Gay Sailor. With that said. The guy that ran over the protester he was a POS for sure so you have no argument. I pretty sure he was a Neo Nazi. I saw Joe Rogan say. Not all Trump Supporters are Nazis. BUT all Nazis are Trump supporters. That fact sucks & its True the Nazis love the Trump. But I don't think you will find to many Republicans that agree with the Brown Shirts like you would like to portrey. They are a very small Splinter cell of POS people that need to move out of the folks basement and get a life Yes Trumps America First, policy's like "not importing 3r world $hit bags" rings home with them. In fact I like that policy as well. Does that make me a Nazi, Your Wack a Doo group is not in the hundreds like the Neo Nazis are but in the MILLIONS.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 2:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Okay, then I guess all Trumpsters are dumbasses that send non-functioning mail bombs to Democratic politicians. And I guess all Trumpsters drive their car into people that are protesting the Million Man Tiki March.
Come on man everyone knows those non-functioning bombs were fake news just like your boyfriend Jussie tried to pull off and that guy just got his shoestring caught on the gas pedal while trying to hit the brakes. The tiki torch group was merely advertising the group buy they got on tiki torches at Costco.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-19-2019, 3:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I don’t think anyone would disagree that a person with a serious mental illness or serious criminal record should not own any weapon.

http://time.com/5011519/texas-church...-donald-trump/
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 4:44 PM Reply   
If it's as simple as what the article says, I disagree with Trump on it. I may be wrong, but something tells me it's more complicated than that and there are some omissions made in the article. Side story: Being the fun-loving guy I am who always likes to joke around with liberals, I went searching for Trump bumper stickers to put on my wife's liberal teacher friends' cars while they were in my house during their book club. I walked into my local gun store, saw this life-sized cardboard trump cut out (all 6'-3" of it LOL) and commented on the cut out as I asked the store manager for some Trump stickers. He told me he has Trump's personal cell phone number and speaks to him from time to time as the exclusive gun supplier for the whole Trump family. Said Trump was a really nice guy and so on.

Incidentally, I got a pretty good laugh (to myself) knowing a teacher and a school principal pulled into the parking lot at their work the next morning sporting their fancy new Trump stickers.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-19-2019, 4:50 PM Reply   
6'3", good memory. Did you measure the finger length on that cut out?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 5:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
6'3", good memory. Did you measure the finger length on that cut out?
No, but it's funny you mention that. He's clearly got hands proportionate to a T-rex or a carnie in Austin Powers' mind.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-19-2019, 7:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Hey your free to feel how every you like. And I also support your rights as a Gay Sailor.
Know what, all your posts are what you post, but you’re comments about his service is uncalled for. Did you serve, because I didn’t and appreciate those that do? Being a American Service Member doesn’t change if they disagree with my political beliefs.
I stay out of this for the most part, but I’d like to think you’d/we’d appreciate his decision to serve.
Every post you make is name calling, whatever and I’ll read and roll my eyes, as both sides calling names is just so meh to me(both sides on this thread love it). I find it juvenile at best. It’s school yard and keyboard warrior, but I think you respect a man/woman that put on the uniform, may not like their stance, but you don’t bring PO, firefighter or military (I apologize if I missed) into it. In fact, you give respect for their service, and respectful disagree.....with well thought out response, without name calling.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 7:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Know what, all your posts are what you post, but you’re comments about his service is uncalled for. Did you serve, because I didn’t and appreciate those that do? Being a American Service Member doesn’t change if they disagree with my political beliefs.
I stay out of this for the most part, but I’d like to think you’d/we’d appreciate his decision to serve.
Every post you make is name calling, whatever and I’ll read and roll my eyes, as both sides calling names is just so meh to me(both sides on this thread love it). I find it juvenile at best. It’s school yard and keyboard warrior, but I think you respect a man/woman that put on the uniform, may not like their stance, but you don’t bring PO, firefighter or military (I apologize if I missed) into it. In fact, you give respect for their service, and respectful disagree.....with well thought out response, without name calling.
You mean like how wake77 and every other liberal here shows respect for the current, duly elected, sitting Commander-In-Chief? I respect the service wake77 and any other man has provided to this country. That doesn't preclude me from making fun in all ways possible about their political beliefs-especially when wake77 has tried to add weight to his opinions or fluffed his own feathers by touting his time in the service. This is a platform for espousing beliefs and ideas. No holds barred. If you want to get offended at something, consider the posts wake77 made about wombat's daughter. That was pretty cruel and more importantly, had no comedic value.

Whether a PO, firefighter or military... that doesn't give you some immunity card.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-19-2019, 8:08 PM Reply   
To add to that^^^ I was recently working in a police station and noticed how even cops don’t take themselves that seriously. I cracked up when I saw this as well as many other funny pics with captions. Mostly self-deprecating humor.
Attached Images

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-20-2019, 2:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
You mean like how wake77 and every other liberal here shows respect for the current, duly elected, sitting Commander-In-Chief? I respect the service wake77 and any other man has provided to this country. That doesn't preclude me from making fun in all ways possible about their political beliefs-especially when wake77 has tried to add weight to his opinions or fluffed his own feathers by touting his time in the service. This is a platform for espousing beliefs and ideas. No holds barred. If you want to get offended at something, consider the posts wake77 made about wombat's daughter. That was pretty cruel and more importantly, had no comedic value.

Whether a PO, firefighter or military... that doesn't give you some immunity card.
Now you are lying. You can ask anyone that posts here regularly and has for the past ten years. I rarely ever mention my time in the service. I certainly have never "touted my time in service". So are you going down that road? Are you going to start blatantly lying to make yourself feel better? Everyone read your BS story about Trump's "personal gun dealer", so why don't you create another whopper?

And I guarantee you had no problem with any servicemember that openly criticized Obama. That's the beauty of this country.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-20-2019, 7:28 AM Reply   
Nope. Not lying. I agree it’s rare, but you’ve mentioned it in this thread before. I think twice.

As for the Trump story, why would I lie about something like that? It’s not even that big of a deal. The Trump/gun dealer part of the story was anecdotal. The real story was the bumper stickers, dummy!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-20-2019, 7:30 AM Reply   
And for the record, I don’t have a problem with anyone criticizing anyone. It’s America.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-20-2019, 7:44 AM Reply   
This is the first year I had to pay a penalty because the IRS did not take enough money out of my checks, so although I was getting an extra 50 bucks a month after the Trump tax cuts, I will be now taking out an extra 150 bucks each month to break even for the year.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-20-2019, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
This is the first year I had to pay a penalty because the IRS did not take enough money out of my checks, so although I was getting an extra 50 bucks a month after the Trump tax cuts, I will be now taking out an extra 150 bucks each month to break even for the year.
Lol please read your post again. It makes no sense. The IRS doesn’t take money out of your checks. Your employer does. Pull your head out of your wake77 and start paying attention to your pay stubs. If you noticed an increase in your take home pay, you should have consulted with your accountant about the proper withdrawals. The amount you have withheld is up to YOU when you claim your number of dependants. Your BS story cracks me up because there were a ton of those straw man propaganda stories on liberal media-which were designed for people who were dumb enough to believe them like you.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-20-2019, 8:25 AM Reply   
Sandman sues WAPO for $250M.

Why $250M? Why not $240M? Or $1B?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-20-2019, 9:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Lol please read your post again. It makes no sense. The IRS doesn’t take money out of your checks. Your employer does.
Such a dumba$$. Apparently everyone other than you knows that the employer is required to take it and give it to the govt.

But it is true that the amount in your refund doesn't really reveal much. Employer withholding is determined by the exemptions on your W4, marital status, and what the guidelines say to deduct based on the current tax rules. So without knowing your income and actual tax paid from year to year, nothing can really be said about whether your taxes went up, down, or stayed the same.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-20-2019, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Such a dumba$$. Apparently everyone other than you knows that the employer is required to take it and give it to the govt.

But it is true that the amount in your refund doesn't really reveal much. Employer withholding is determined by the exemptions on your W4, marital status, and what the guidelines say to deduct based on the current tax rules. So without knowing your income and actual tax paid from year to year, nothing can really be said about whether your taxes went up, down, or stayed the same.
So after calling me a dumbass, you confirm what I said. SMH.

You know? Every time you post, I can’t help but think of this clip. You represent the man getting the “free cart ride.”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jYcPBE5PXhs
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-20-2019, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
So after calling me a dumbass, you confirm what I said. SMH.
I'm only confirming you are a dumba$$.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-20-2019, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Why $250M? Why not $240M? Or $
It was said Jeff B bought the Washington Compost For 250 M, so I don’t know if it was some symbolic gesture or just some number they picked out of the sky?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-20-2019, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post

Why $250M? Why not $240M? Or $1B?
I'm shocked at such a dumb question, you don't usually post dumb ****, just obtuse one sided leave out facts stuff, but not just straight stupid. I expect more from you. It's pretty obvious why the dollar amount
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-20-2019, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
I'm shocked at such a dumb question, you don't usually post dumb ****, just obtuse one sided leave out facts stuff, but not just straight stupid. I expect more from you. It's pretty obvious why the dollar amount

Can you enlighten the rest of us?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-20-2019, 9:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
It was said Jeff B bought the Washington Compost For 250 M, so I don’t know if it was some symbolic gesture or just some number they picked out of the sky?
I just hope he gets every penny of it and keeps going down the line, suing every one from NBC&CNN to Jim Carrrey.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-20-2019, 9:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Can you enlighten the rest of us?
Didn't you claim to be an attorney at one point? Doesn't matter, why don't you think it through, you're a big boy, it's blindingly obvious.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-20-2019, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Didn't you claim to be an attorney at one point? Doesn't matter, why don't you think it through, you're a big boy, it's blindingly obvious.

How is what bezos paid six years ago a measure of how sandman was damaged last month?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-20-2019, 10:34 AM Reply   
^ good question I have no Idea how they came up with that amount. Seems kind of crazy. If fact it seems kinda ghetto. Ya know when roaches get a lawyer to Geen mail large corps.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-20-2019, 10:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
How is what bezos paid six years ago a measure of how sandman was damaged last month?
Who said it had anything with Bezo's salary? Did I miss that part? Have you ever been party to a suit?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-20-2019, 11:12 AM Reply   
Props to Grant for being a consistent non-hypocrite. Can't say the same for Mark "I just hope he gets every penny of it and keeps going down the line, suing every one from NBC&CNN to Jim Carrrey" J.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-20-2019, 12:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Just dont try to touch those Popo/fireman/govt employee pensions.

MAGA Sandman and jussie the fool should be forced to spend the next year living together in the same house.

If you file a frivolous lawsuit in Europe, the judge tosses the case and fines your butt. Need that here.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-20-2019, 12:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Who said it had anything with Bezo's salary? Did I miss that part? Have you ever been party to a suit?

After seeing Gs message I went and looked and apparently that is the justification for the damages.

Was there a more obvious peg that we missed?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-20-2019, 12:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Props to Grant for being a consistent non-hypocrite. Can't say the same for Mark "I just hope he gets every penny of it and keeps going down the line, suing every one from NBC&CNN to Jim Carrrey" J.
Help me out here. How does that make me a hypocrite? I think what the MSM etc did to that kid so they could sell their BS to the stupid people like you was disgusting. They literally fabricated a story and intentionally omitted the truth just so they could make Trump and all of his supporters look bad. They were totally bearing false witness. You know? It’s one of those pesky little Ten Commandments that used to be posted in courthouses.

This case is a perfect example of how the liberal media are nothing more than a propaganda wing for libs and will stop at nothing to destroy the POTUS and anyone else who thinks differently than them. Pure EVIL.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-20-2019, 12:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
After seeing Gs message I went and looked and apparently that is the justification for the damages.

Was there a more obvious peg that we missed?
I stand corrected, articles I just read laundry list punitive damages & a laundry list that totals the 250mil but the speculation is the number is directly related to the sale of the paper @ 250mil. Speculation is a key word here though.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-20-2019, 12:57 PM Reply   
If Trump has done anything that both sides can benefit from IN MY OPINION it’s the light he has shined on the Fact (that ALL MEDIA lies to us) We just choose what lies we want to be fed. Brightbart is no Better or Worse then CNN,MSNBC,CBS and the list go’s on they all push their agenda. We just choose what reality we wanna accept.

Former CBS 60 mins Reporter Laura Logan some say committed career suicide yesterday when she said that. Mainstream media has become political agent for political parties. And Main stream Media is No longer impartial. If you don’t mind checking out her “nice rack” while Listening to what she has to say check this out.

https://twitter.com/MRitland/status/...323736576?s=20
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-20-2019, 1:05 PM Reply   
In this link and 1:54 video she brings up the point that 85% of reporters are registered Democrat. And how the Democratic Media takes up a political activists positions
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...he-other-side/
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-20-2019, 3:22 PM Reply   
The only thing I can see is the stuffed past capacity rack and plunging neckline. She'll make a great Fox host.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-20-2019, 3:37 PM Reply   
Wow what a piece of plastic trash lol.

And Mark the MAGAt Trumplover whining about bearing false witness is a riot.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-20-2019, 3:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wow what a piece of plastic trash lol.
So Wes you think Laura Logan is a real dog? LOL LOL LOL Wow you sound like the Geek that could never get the hot girls so you rip on them so you do feel bad that they never gave you the time of day, LOL LOL LOL

Ooooooo That's Right you like the Brown ones. And the Ulgyer the better, Well your in the right political party, You got some real winners on your political side.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-20-2019, 3:59 PM Reply   
Huh? Despite your strange drivel that woman looks frightening
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-20-2019, 4:17 PM Reply   
Wes: Personally I think Laura Logan is a BAD A$$. As far a overseas reporters go's she has my respect. She has been in the $hit & has the scars to prove it. While in Egypt her reporting team was taken over by a group of angry Muslims & she was beaten & raped. She has hunkered down with Navy Seals living & reported in conditions you could never imagine. So yea I do look at her in a different light. Like I said I think she is pretty bad ass and deserves my respect. I know you like links and Mis- direction so Check out her Wikipedia page perhaps you may come to a different conclusion of her then what flashes across the screen,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lara_Logan
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-20-2019, 4:22 PM Reply   
I’ll take your word for it.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-20-2019, 5:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Help me out here. How does that make me a hypocrite? I think what the MSM etc did to that kid so they could sell their BS to the stupid people like you was disgusting. They literally fabricated a story and intentionally omitted the truth just so they could make Trump and all of his supporters look bad. They were totally bearing false witness. You know? It’s one of those pesky little Ten Commandments that used to be posted in courthouses.

This case is a perfect example of how the liberal media are nothing more than a propaganda wing for libs and will stop at nothing to destroy the POTUS and anyone else who thinks differently than them. Pure EVIL.
I guess you just ignore the "Thou shall not commit adultery" Commandment when you brag and boast about Trump. Or do you just pick and choose when you listen to the Commandments.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-20-2019, 5:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
I guess you just ignore the "Thou shall not commit adultery" Commandment when you brag and boast about Trump. Or do you just pick and choose when you listen to the Commandments.
Nope. That’s way wrong too. I’ve never made a positive statement about his marriages or the fact he’s a cheater.

Swing and a miss again? Keep swingin!
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-20-2019, 6:33 PM Reply   
I love the faux moral outrage at Trump while acting like it's somehow worse than the lack of morals of the politicians they support. Bashing religion & trying to use one of its tenants against them while acting the morality judge. Someone change the record already.

Last edited by wombat2wombat; 02-20-2019 at 6:37 PM.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-20-2019, 10:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Lol please read your post again. It makes no sense. The IRS doesn’t take money out of your checks. Your employer does. Pull your head out of your wake77 and start paying attention to your pay stubs. If you noticed an increase in your take home pay, you should have consulted with your accountant about the proper withdrawals. The amount you have withheld is up to YOU when you claim your number of dependants. Your BS story cracks me up because there were a ton of those straw man propaganda stories on liberal media-which were designed for people who were dumb enough to believe them like you.
Hey Chit for brains Mark, Unlike your Bullchit stories, I was giving my honest account of how My taxes went this year. I have Never paid a penalty, I felt it was a cruel joke how the tax cuts and jobs act Gave me an extra 50 bucks in my checks for each month that I didn't ask for, And, now I get a nice penalty after my taxes were done this year! You see, if there was no tax cut, I wouldn't have to pay a penalty. But don't worry too much, like I stated in my comment, I am taking out an extra 150 bucks out now, so I don't have to pay a penalty next year.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-20-2019, 10:41 PM Reply   
So what kind of man is Bill Barr, really? Guess we will find out!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-21-2019, 2:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
I love the faux moral outrage at Trump while acting like it's somehow worse than the lack of morals of the politicians they support. Bashing religion & trying to use one of its tenants against them while acting the morality judge. Someone change the record already.
Whatever dude. I have never supported one politician that publicly lies to the extent of Trump. That's all he does. And then when he is busted, you call the report giving the detailed account of how he lied "fake news". I think I have made my thoughts on religion perfectly clear. But when one of you Trumpsters try to pull that card (like when Mark talked about "bearing false witness"), don't expect me to push your dogma right back in your face.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-21-2019, 2:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
So what kind of man is Bill Barr, really? Guess we will find out!
He's either a Trump puppet or he won't last very long as AG. Trump puppets are the only people that last for longer than a couple of months in his Cabinet.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-21-2019, 6:00 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=joeshmoe;1986135] You see, if there was no tax cut, I wouldn't have to pay a penalty.

If you withheld the proper amount, you wouldn't have any problem. Your problem is ALL ON YOU.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-21-2019, 6:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Whatever dude. I have never supported one politician that publicly lies to the extent of Trump. That's all he does. And then when he is busted, you call the report giving the detailed account of how he lied "fake news". I think I have made my thoughts on religion perfectly clear. But when one of you Trumpsters try to pull that card (like when Mark talked about "bearing false witness"), don't expect me to push your dogma right back in your face.
Oh really? So you didn't support that lying, philandering rapist Slick Willy?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-21-2019, 6:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
My dogma? I'm not even a Christian. Your dogma is straight angry a**hole who lets his emotions control him thru & thru. Which pretty much makes you moot to anyone who reads your post. But that's indicative of most liberals, angry mentally disturbed jack wagons.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-21-2019, 6:11 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=joeshmoe;1986135]You see, if there was no tax cut, I wouldn't have to pay a penalty.

So I'm betting you believe that in addition to "free healthcare," we should all have free accountants too.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-21-2019, 7:03 AM Reply   
Quote:

If you withheld the proper amount, you wouldn't have any problem. Your problem is ALL ON YOU.

I agree in principle but practically speaking people rely on the withholding tables to be relatively accurate.

Seems like kind of a weird approach to axe the withholding so significantly (but not so much people were really feeling the bump) that even after the tax cut refunds shrank. I know that the net tax pay is lower but Joe Sixpack feels like he paid less when he gets more money back.

Just a strange approach politically. The TCAJA was arguably the crowning achievement of Trumps first two years and nobody even talks about it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-21-2019, 7:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
So are you saying those of us who have a problem with bearing false witness are pushing dogma?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-21-2019, 7:15 AM Reply   
Quote:

I know that the net tax pay is lower but Joe Sixpack feels like he paid less when he gets more money back.

Joe Six pack is paying less & that is why he is getting less after the return. Joe Six pack shares blame for being ignorant & leftist media shares blame for not explaining that part & only talking about the lower returns everyone will see. Still think people aren't being brainwashed?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-21-2019, 7:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Joe Six pack is paying less & that is why he is getting less after the return. Joe Six pack shares blame for being ignorant & leftist media shares blame for not explaining that part & only talking about the lower returns everyone will see. Still think people aren't being brainwashed?
Amen. Thanks for explaining it way better than I did.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-21-2019, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
So are you saying those of us who have a problem with bearing false witness are pushing dogma?
You can’t support trump and claim to have a problem with bearing false witness. The guy’s entire MO is to do so daily about things big and small.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-21-2019, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
You can’t support trump and claim to have a problem with bearing false witness. The guy’s entire MO is to do so daily about things big and small.
What other choice did/do we have? Vote dem? Pfft. No way! I started off a Ben Carson guy, but had to pick between DJT and HRC. Easy choice.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-21-2019, 9:08 AM Reply   
Supporting him politically in general is not an endorsement of his personal life or 100% of his political policies. Nice try though. He’s still got more character in his pinky than HRC has in her entire body. She is as corrupt as they come and all you libs know it.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-21-2019, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
I see brainwashing all around. If the tax code was intentionally designed to lower withholding recommendations so that people thought all year that there were paying less than they were only to find they owe at the end, then blaming the media is pretty f**k'n stupid.

I don't know for a fact that has happened, but that's what joeshmoe is suggesting happened to him. If your earnings haven't drastically changed, or your deductions and dependents, then you should expect to see the same tax situation WRT the amount owed at the end of the year. If you live in a state where you pay significant SALT then that might not be the case.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-21-2019, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:

You seem to think I have an agenda here. I’m just saying from a political perspective the republicans would’ve been smarter to not mess with the withholding tables because dumbasses of all political stripes rely on their tax refund as forced savings.

Financially that’s a bad outcome for the individual. But there is a reason Walmart has tax preparers in front so people can get their refund advanced and go run and buy an Xbox. Because most people, regardless of political persuasion, suck at saving.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-21-2019, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Supporting him politically in general is not an endorsement of his personal life or 100% of his political policies. Nice try though. He’s still got more character in his pinky than HRC has in her entire body. She is as corrupt as they come and all you libs know it.
I endorse this comment 100%, all dems should understand this, if not there will be trump until 2024.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-21-2019, 11:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
You seem to think I have an agenda here. I’m just saying from a political perspective the republicans would’ve been smarter to not mess with the withholding tables because dumbasses of all political stripes rely on their tax refund as forced savings.

Financially that’s a bad outcome for the individual. But there is a reason Walmart has tax preparers in front so people can get their refund advanced and go run and buy an Xbox. Because most people, regardless of political persuasion, suck at saving.
I can see how drew that parrell with my comment. I don't think you have an agenda, but you make plenty of snarky comments acting like your media is the truth teller & everyone elses isn't or others are dumb for not seeing it your way. Don't take that like I'm saying that's all you do, you're clearly an level head guy & probably great to surf & have a beer with. Both sides are propaganda & brainwashing so I am not limiting to one side of the aisle.

Most people suck at saving because schools don't teach it. It trickles down so parents don't teach it. Society doesn't stress it enough. Personally, I believe it's by design, our consumer driven economy would crash if people stopped buying needless crap & saved their money. Proof: The Bush tax cuts meant to spur growth was pooped on because, wait for it, they were worried people would save it & not spend it.

But again, if the media was honest about saving, taxes, the tax breaks people wouldn't be so shocked & in dismay. They most certainly are culpable in creating this environment.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-21-2019, 12:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Most people suck at saving because schools don't teach it. It trickles down so parents don't teach it. Society doesn't stress it enough. Personally, I believe it's by design, our consumer driven economy would crash if people stopped buying needless crap & saved their money
I agree with you W2W. but be careful, that sounds like something Eliz. Warren has been saying. The system is rigged in favor of corporations to the detriment of joe sixpack.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-21-2019, 1:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
But again, if the media was honest about saving, taxes, the tax breaks people wouldn't be so shocked & in dismay. They most certainly are culpable in creating this environment.

I am not seeing how the govt’s failure to effectively communicate that the withholding table adjustment will result in a smaller refund is a media conspiracy.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-21-2019, 1:43 PM Reply   
Speaking of the media, I wonder if any stations will be airing this example of love and affection by this violent, leftist A-hole in Berkeley. Doubt it.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/conservat...ruitment-drive

How many of you leftist fools here wanna explain or make excuses for this?
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-21-2019, 2:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am not seeing how the govt’s failure to effectively communicate that the withholding table adjustment will result in a smaller refund is a media conspiracy.
Because if they effectively communicated it it wouldn't look bad on Chump. This keeps people worked up.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-21-2019, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
I agree with you W2W. but be careful, that sounds like something Eliz. Warren has been saying. The system is rigged in favor of corporations to the detriment of joe sixpack.
There's good ideas from all of them at one point or another. If Schultz runs as an independent he will siphon my vote though. If the dems run any of what they've put forward so far, I will vote for Orange man again.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-21-2019, 2:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
There's good ideas from all of them at one point or another.
Yep. There are loads of things left and right both want.

Quote:
Speaking of the media, I wonder if any stations will be airing this example of love and affection by this violent, leftist A-hole in Berkeley. Doubt it.

There are fanatics on both sides markj. Does it make you feel more equal if I post about that Alt-right a-hole of a commissioned officer in the US States military planned and prepared for a politically motivated attack on US politicians, Democratic Sens. Richard Blumenthal, Chuck Schumer, Elizabeth Warren, Tim Kaine, Kirsten Gillibrand and Cory Booker; House Speaker Nancy Pelosi; and House Democrats Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Maxine Waters, Ilhan Omar and Sheila Jackson. Also on it was former Rep. Beto O’Rourke and former Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta. I think the hitlist "trumps" a spilled over table. Please stop the faux rage posts.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-22-2019, 4:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
How many from her 2016 campaign staff have been indicted? How about Trump's?

He publicly insults a POW and decorated war veteran. He publicly insults a Gold Star family. He publicly states he takes Putin's word over US servicemen. He publicly lied about paying off Stormy Daniels. He publicly stated that "only mobsters plead the 5th" before he is elected, and then encourages his cronies facing indictment to "plead the 5th". He publicly makes fun of a handicapped reporter. Yeah, he sounds like a man of great character.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-22-2019, 4:33 AM Reply   
Quote:

How many of you rightist fools here wanna explain or make excuses for this?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coast-gua...rdered-to-jail

Do you see how this works dumbass? When you choose to paint with a broad brush, it's just as easy for the other side to do it.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-22-2019, 4:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not at all. But you didn't stop there, did you? You had to throw in "it's one of the Ten Commandments" as if that makes it a more powerful statement.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-22-2019, 5:30 AM Reply   
For christs sake take your f****n meds, Wake & try and get laid. If that won't work put on some Enya, rub some jasmine oil on your nipples, burn some incense, join a drum circle & you'll feel right ass rain. Religion bigot
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-22-2019, 6:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not at all. But you didn't stop there, did you? You had to throw in "it's one of the Ten Commandments" as if that makes it a more powerful statement.
When Moses brought the tablet down and read the Commandments to the people, I can imagine a bunch them and going... "I already knew that!". "Oh! (sarcastically), now I know not to murder people. But can't we keep the adultery thing."
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       02-22-2019, 7:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
When Moses brought the tablet down and read the Commandments to the people, I can imagine a bunch them and going... "I already knew that!". "Oh! (sarcastically), now I know not to murder people. But can't we keep the adultery thing."
Once you realize it was Aliens who said to themselves "these humans are some f****d up people, lets give a little guidance", then hid behind a bush, lit it on fire, gave Moses the tablets. A month later realized they made it worse when religion was born it becomes clearer.

Yes, they thought murder was just fine back then.

If you weren't so ignorant of those times & only look at the bible as a made up religions text in lieu of it actually being the best historical documentation of the times then I can see why you have no clue about it. Every scholar, liberal or pubic agrees it is the best window we have into those times. They literally worshipped gold, they had no problem killing in mass or anyone who they disliked or spoke poorly of their rulers. As for adultery, where the eff did that even come from? Cause yo paint your broad brush that all religious people are adulterers & hypocritical about it? I would venture the "sin" of adultery has nothing to do with the act itself but the pain it inflects to the victim of it. I am guessing your marital problems was wife having an affair & is Christian? Did I nail that?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-22-2019, 7:56 AM Reply   
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/al...xlf?li=BBnb7Kz

BWAHHHAAAAA! Reap what you sow bi&*h!

"Seeing my friends, children and the MEN I married die changed me" Yeah, I am sure the gangbangs did a number too.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-23-2019, 9:01 PM Reply   
Test