Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shepsigkap)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-06-2014, 2:46 PM Reply   
Hello All - looking for pictures of current lake levels at northern CA lakes …

Bullards Bar
New Melones
Don Pedro
McClure
Berryessa
Clementine
Sly Park
Union Valley
Rollins

And any other's I may have forgotten

Thanks in advance
Old     (Silverbullet555)      Join Date: May 2010       07-06-2014, 7:58 PM Reply   
Oroville
Old     (pipeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-13-2014, 12:50 AM Reply   
this about sums em all up....

Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-13-2014, 4:35 AM Reply   
^^a little bit choppy
Old     (pipeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-14-2014, 10:26 AM Reply   
haha no.... dry!

sorry i dont have any pictures. (not a picture taker) but here is a little info...
current lake levels for many of what you are looking for...
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/res...phsMain.action

if i am correct i think don pedro is just above half capacity. EDIT: last i checked that site didnt have don pedros info. i see now it is in fact below half capacity.
(pulled from their site)

i was just at Shaver Lake the other day and the end of the launch ramp wasnt even under water.

their camera pictures arent the greatest but here is a link to their cams...
http://www.sierramarina.com/camera.html

G

Last edited by pipeboarder; 07-14-2014 at 10:33 AM.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-14-2014, 11:04 AM Reply   
Heres Don Pedro from last week out of Moccasin. Moccasin PT is now closed due to the water level for the year. SUX
Attached Images

Old     (shepsigkap)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-14-2014, 8:35 PM Reply   
Thanks for sharing!!
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       07-15-2014, 12:46 PM Reply   
wakeworld isn't letting me upload pictures ATM but to help put bullards into perspective, the dock at dark day was just pulled out..... guy pulling it out said he's never had to take it out this early. I'm thinking that both launches will be closed by September, last year it was October.

Clementine and Rollins water level doesn't really fluctuate that much, have been to both in the past week and it was fine.
Old     (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-22-2014, 8:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepsigkap View Post
Hello All - looking for pictures of current lake levels at northern CA lakes …

Clementine
Sly Park
Clementine will always be full unless the American River dries up.

Sly Park is low, but not too bad, was up there last Friday, didnt take any pics. Its just up the road, if I get up there this week I try and get a pic.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       07-22-2014, 9:26 PM Reply   
Remember with clementine, it's a VERY small lake.
Usually a lake to go to on the weekdays as it fills up very quick.
It is about 5mins from me, I haven't been out there yet, but I hope to get out midweek next week.
Old     (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-22-2014, 9:29 PM Reply   
Ya, to echo what Jmorlan said... Clementine is great weekdays after work or during the winter, glass... If you want to go on a weekend you better get up bright and early because it is a small lake and they limit the boats on it...
Old     (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-22-2014, 9:31 PM Reply   
The delta is the place to be if you want good water for skiing/boarding/surfing/footing though... Normally only time I hit lakes is if I have a bunch of people with me that dont really ride and just want to swim and hang out...
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-23-2014, 8:20 AM Reply   
Stay away from the delta. Now with the drought, it is all salt water. Protect your boat & stay away.
Old     (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-23-2014, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
Stay away from the delta. Now with the drought, it is all salt water. Protect your boat & stay away.
????????? Um, where in the delta are you skiing? Right at a inlet during low tide? I can tell you right now for a fact that up in the Brentwood and Walnut Grove areas there is no salt water.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-23-2014, 8:27 AM Reply   
Old     (novaman64)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-23-2014, 8:29 AM Reply   
migs-

Haha, I havent finished my coffee this morning.. I got you...

to the OP.. ya, the delta is horrible, you should definitely not risk the salt water or submerged obstacles, lakes are the place to be....
Old     (humboldtboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-28-2014, 11:28 PM Reply   
I know you didn't ask about Trinity Lake, but here is a shot from last Sunday at Pinewood Cove
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-29-2014, 6:52 AM Reply   
ouch
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-29-2014, 9:18 AM Reply   
One of my friends wants to go to New Melones or Don Pedro this weekend. I haven't been on either lake in years and know they are much lower than typical. Two months ago I drove past New Melones on 49 and saw old trees sticking out of the water along the edges of the lake. This has me concerned.

This would be a family trip and I have two young kids who will be skiing. If we stay in the main bodies of both lakes, what are the conditions like? Many unknown obstacles? At this point I probably wouldn't even consider going up any of the arms.

Looking for some feedback from you guys who know these lakes and have rode them recently. Thanks.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       07-29-2014, 2:00 PM Reply   
Bullards is still legit about 1/2 full or empty, we were there last weekend ..Marina ramp is real sketchy but dark day is good so far..low level opened up some nice beach coves to chill but dont beach your boat!!lol. My young kids enjoyed..usually good riding conditions especially in the channel
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       07-29-2014, 3:27 PM Reply   
Jayson, did they put the dock back in at dark day? I'm either headed to bullards tomorrow or clementine, can't decide.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       07-29-2014, 8:17 PM Reply   
dock was there when i was there last. u can always call emerald cove in the am, pretty friendly folks
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-10-2015, 12:22 PM Reply   
Here’s a couple aerial shots of Lake Shasta taken earlier today. The resort in the pics is Bridge bay & I-5 over the Pit River bridge. It’s still way down but a lot better than last summer.
Attached Images

Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-11-2015, 7:00 PM Reply   
Shasta looks pretty good. Where did that water come from....
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-11-2015, 7:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitewake View Post
Shasta looks pretty good. Where did that water come from....
rain
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-11-2015, 7:15 PM Reply   
Here is my local lake Feb last year vs Feb this yr...much much better. Water temps Sun were 63.
Attached Images

Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-12-2015, 8:31 PM Reply   
I think Mendocino is about 80% or so. Pillsbury is around 70% until they close the gates. Sonoma is in pretty good shape.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-12-2015, 9:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
I think Mendocino is about 80% or so. Pillsbury is around 70% until they close the gates. Sonoma is in pretty good shape.
I was on Mendo Sat, much much better. Is the public launch usable at Pillsbury yet Walt? I want to get up there in April.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-12-2015, 10:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
I was on Mendo Sat, much much better. Is the public launch usable at Pillsbury yet Walt? I want to get up there in April.
Yep !
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-12-2015, 10:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
Surfing has been banned though ! Ha ha
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       03-13-2015, 9:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
Surfing has been banned though ! Ha ha
I mostly float and drink, I'll leave your glass alone I promise!!!
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-13-2015, 11:38 PM Reply   
http://fishbio.com/field-notes/conse...n/historic-low

Here's an article on Lake McClure's condition this month. Spoiler its not good!
Cheers,
DC
Old     (dDubya)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-14-2015, 9:41 AM Reply   
Folsom is higher now than all of last year, about 426' elevation. They shut'er down at 400'. All good.
Old     (dDubya)      Join Date: Apr 2010       03-14-2015, 9:42 AM Reply   
...and we're heading out there tomorrow if anyone cares to join! A little St. Patty's Day surf n float.
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       03-26-2015, 10:32 AM Reply   
Nacimiento

Its up about 25' from October. No where near capacity, but certainly rideable.
Attached Images

Old     (CHUCK_K)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-02-2015, 10:14 PM Reply   
Any one in the Lake Oroville area know if any of the ramps are open? I know Lime Saddle is closed for the rest of the summer, curious about the rest of them. TIA
Old     (ZHadley)      Join Date: Feb 2015       08-02-2015, 11:50 PM Reply   
Spoke to lime saddle this week and bidwell is still open
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-03-2015, 10:02 AM Reply   
Lake tahoe is at all time low (surpassed the drought of 1923) when we were there last week. Upper truckee river from fanny bridge down is pretty much rocks now. Very disturbing as we have spent decades of rive rafting there. Emerald Bay is also blocked at the inlet and some of the real big boats can't make it through.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-03-2015, 10:09 AM Reply   
Lake tahoe is at all time low (surpassed the drought of 1923) when we were there last week. Upper truckee river from fanny bridge down is pretty much rocks now. Very disturbing as we have spent decades of rive rafting there. Emerald Bay is also blocked at the inlet and some of the real big boats can't make it through.
Attached Images

Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       08-03-2015, 10:13 AM Reply   
This is the year!!! EL NIÑO!!!!!
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-04-2015, 2:23 AM Reply   
Rollins a few weeks ago!
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-06-2015, 6:21 PM Reply   
Anyone know the current status of Shasta? I am looking for places to go camping labor day weekend. I camped before at Shasta in the Hirz Bay area. Anyone know if the water is good there or if the ramp is in the water? Any other suggestions for camping? I'm in the Sacramento area. I normally go to Bullards bar but it was already getting sketchy at the ramp a month and a half ago.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-06-2015, 7:17 PM Reply   
I was at bullards 3 weeks ago and the ramp at the camping area was fine
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-06-2015, 8:00 PM Reply   
I was at Bullards last weekend and it's down quite a bit. I was launching at Dark Day and it's down what I would say 3 turns with the last turn around exposed and only a one lane launch. Which is a challenge considering all it takes is one inexperienced launcher and everybody is waiting.
Old     (CHUCK_K)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-09-2015, 1:38 PM Reply   
This was Bidwell Marina on Lake Oroville last Monday. We snuck up into some canyons, and I was surprised by how steep some of them were. Beautiful area for sure.

Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-11-2015, 7:37 PM Reply   
Anyone have an update on bullards bar, berryessa and Comanche? I'm looking at where to go this weekend. Considered union valley again since I was there a few weeks ago. I tried rollins last weekend but that was a zoo. Way too many boats and rollers to wakeboard. I've considered making the drive to bullards bar but I can't imagine there being much of a lake left right now. I also considered the delta but I've never been big on the river. Looking for a place not too far to drive from Sacramento for the day.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       08-11-2015, 11:49 PM Reply   
Was at Bullards about 3 weeks ago. Both marina launch and dark day were open. Marina launch most likely closed by now. Levels really low but still one of the best spots for riding imo esp in the early morning or dusk. As far as berryessa. Was there yesterday Markley launch is ok
A bit shallow but doable. Can launch at pleasure cove as well. Free launch is closed I think. Water levels low but cant really tell once u get out since its such a huge lake. Usually packed on weekends especially by the dam and narrow spots. Decent riding before 10am on the weekends so get there early for good water!
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-12-2015, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_49 View Post
Was at Bullards about 3 weeks ago. Both marina launch and dark day were open. Marina launch most likely closed by now. Levels really low but still one of the best spots for riding imo esp in the early morning or dusk. As far as berryessa. Was there yesterday Markley launch is ok
A bit shallow but doable. Can launch at pleasure cove as well. Free launch is closed I think. Water levels low but cant really tell once u get out since its such a huge lake. Usually packed on weekends especially by the dam and narrow spots. Decent riding before 10am on the weekends so get there early for good water!
Thanks for the update on Bullards Bar. Was the arm even accessible? I know when the water gets low there are sand bars that taper out making it pretty tricky. Was the dock there? I thought I saw something about the dock being pulled at dark day. I am debating on possibly doing a day trip there this weekend.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-12-2015, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_49 View Post
berryessa has plenty of water to play on .. markley ,pleasure,steele, and putah are open still the free launch is closed
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       08-12-2015, 4:58 PM Reply   
The north arm was accessible at bullards but gets narrow quick after the last 90degree left turn if u will. Not sure bout the dock at dark day may want to call the marina to be sure..
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-12-2015, 8:22 PM Reply   
Thank Jayson, I called the marina and the dock is there. Made reservations to camp there and spend a few days on the water.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-17-2015, 8:41 AM Reply   
Was at Don Pedro this past week for 4 days. Lake is at 36% of capacity. Yes low water when you look at the water line on the mountains, but the middle of the channels & main areas are still 200-300 ft deep. Good times.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-18-2015, 8:02 AM Reply   
I was at Bullards Bar this last weekend and the water was still really good. Only problem is that the dark day ramp is the only one open. That's down to one lane and while the dock is in the water, its not right at the ramp. It made for some real entertainment and well over an hour to get my boat out of the water Saturday sitting in line.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-18-2015, 11:45 AM Reply   
Some pics of Don Pedro from this weekend.
Attached Images

Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-18-2015, 3:58 PM Reply   
Here is Folsom from yesterday, 8/17/2015 This is from the Cavitt entrance looking at the dam. Although it's been closed to only 5mph, for over a month, it's still sad to see.
Attached Images

Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       08-20-2015, 7:13 PM Reply   
Bullards on 8/2. Fully accessible, Dark day will be open all year. I still go up the river a few turns but I'd carry a depth finder. I saw trees sticking out of places last September that scared the crap out of me. They are lurking about 2 turns away from the normal orange buoy location.

Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-21-2015, 5:30 PM Reply   
Lake Pillsbury.I think it's around 23%
Attached Images