Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-26-2012, 7:48 PM Reply   
This boat was purchased a little over a month ago and it is rediculously sick!

so I have been searching around for about two years now to upgrade from my direct drive supra launch and finally this is the boat I wound up with!

Looked at and tested multiple xstars, mb f21s and nautique 230s throughout these two years and it was very difficult to decide.

i tested each wake slammed out and the xstar came out on top, then the mb and then the 230. (all great wakes btw)

it was extremely difficult to find a good price on the xstars so we almost pulled the trigger on the mb due to the great wake and great price. but i hopped on craigslist randomely and this 2005 xstar popped up 8.1l engine, z5 bimini, subs, ect. with only 150 hours! i thought it was too good to be true especially because it was priced much lower than the mbs. i low balled the guy through multiple fake emails i made and got the price dropped even more! then went to test the boat and everything was great! bargained some more for a super good deal, and now the boat sits in my driveway

bought an acme 2243 prop and installed a plug and play system myself, added some lead weight and some sacs on the floor. over 5k of weight and that engine pulls it out of the hole with ease. this boat is a machine and throws a monster wake

couldnt be happier