Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-20-2011, 11:07 AM Reply   
We're working on getting the LSV wake to full "Bonecrusher" status. It's close right now, but I want to hear what you guys that are slumpin' them are doing.

Right now we've got:

The factory 4 tank and power wedge set-up, A 500 fly high in each rear ski-locker, a 500 up front across the front seats. 260lbs of lead blocks under the seats toward the rear of the cockpit. 80 lbs of lead jammed in the very nose, all the way forward, and 500lbs of lead in pop sacs that floats, but is pretty much pushed all the way up to the base of the front ballast tank. (oh, and about 100lbs worth of amps on the observers side and a lead brick under the drivers seat to compensate).

We had been running wedge up, but put it all the way down last night. I rode before we dumped the wedge, but it looked pretty good. I rode last week with the wedge up two clicks and the wake was like a wall and was thin at the top. I'm thinking we run no wedge and add another 500 sac to the very back of the cockpit, or just run the wedge all the way down.

Thoughts? Who's gotten their LSV wake huge. I think we're real close to our X-star wake now, but haven't quite gotten the "holy crap" factor dialed. I know it's going to be possible. This thing eats weight like it's nothing.