Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-06-2014, 7:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic View Post
bikes in motion, managed 2nd place tonight in Cat 1 / 2 Scratch race at the local track. Feeling the beard power, not so sure it will make it come warmer weather
Sean, we were going to head out there on Friday but figured it was rained out. You guys obviously got some racing in. Hopefully we will get out there a few times this season to watch.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-06-2014, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Sean, we were going to head out there on Friday but figured it was rained out. You guys obviously got some racing in. Hopefully we will get out there a few times this season to watch.
The finial races did get rained out. We finished the Cat 1 / 2 races, but I don't think the Cat 3, Women's, and Cat 4 finished their third races of the night. It's preseason so the only thing we are racing for is up grade points and to shake off the cobwebs.

Couple of quick video edits from Friday
Point a Lap, very chaotic race. Think I managed 5th.
Scratch Race, managed 2nd place in it.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-22-2014, 5:56 AM Reply   
I'll play. Not feather light, but she's about 16.5lbs with the RS80s. After using Di2, I don't think i'd own anything else.
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-23-2014, 2:34 PM Reply   
Sean, curious if you ever found separate bike policies that made any sense. Recently had my 1 yr old Trek poached out of my garage. Wasn't worth filing on the homeowners. Should've lied and said 3 bikes, 3 sets of golf clubs and 3 wakeboards were stolen....

Last edited by denverd1; 06-23-2014 at 2:41 PM.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-24-2014, 9:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
The finial races did get rained out. We finished the Cat 1 / 2 races, but I don't think the Cat 3, Women's, and Cat 4 finished their third races of the night. It's preseason so the only thing we are racing for is up grade points and to shake off the cobwebs.

Couple of quick video edits from Friday
Point a Lap, very chaotic race. Think I managed 5th.
Scratch Race, managed 2nd place in it.
Nice job on the vids. I was getting motion sick trying to watch the race and speed at the same time....
Old     (Lopott)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-25-2014, 5:10 AM Reply   
After 102 miles and 9300 ft of climbing at horribly hilly hundreds. Spec tarmac sworks sl4 di2

Last edited by Lopott; 06-25-2014 at 5:16 AM.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-26-2014, 9:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
Sean, curious if you ever found separate bike policies that made any sense. Recently had my 1 yr old Trek poached out of my garage. Wasn't worth filing on the homeowners. Should've lied and said 3 bikes, 3 sets of golf clubs and 3 wakeboards were stolen....
I never pursued bike only insurance very far. Seemed to be 10% a year of insured value. With 5 expensive bikes and a few not so expensive bikes it's a lot shell out. I have all of the bikes locked up in the garage with a mix of cable and U locks. Bummer about your bike, it kills me that this stuff happens. I was in a crappy part of Tacoma earlier this week and saw what appeared to be homeless dude on a Colongo. I wanted to cry and take a pic at the same time.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-28-2014, 11:41 AM Reply   
Buddy picked up a 2014 version of the same track bike I have. Last night was its first races.
Attached Images

Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-27-2014, 12:13 PM Reply   
Have bike team-mate's SWorks Venge on loan for a little bit. Got it out for a ride today, set a bunch of PR's on Strava during the ride. It rides and climbs very nice. I had to really tweak his set up to get it to fit me. Di2 electronic shifting is nice, did not blow me away but is nice. First time with QRotor rings too. can't say I noticed anything different. Has a Quark power meter on it too.
Attached Images

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       07-27-2014, 3:52 PM Reply   
My buddy just got a similar Venge. It's blacked out S-Works though with the Roval 60s on it and Force 22. Bike looks awesome. My LBS sold more Venge than any shop in the country last year. They are VERY popular around here.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-27-2014, 8:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstateskier View Post
My buddy just got a similar Venge. It's blacked out S-Works though with the Roval 60s on it and Force 22. Bike looks awesome. My LBS sold more Venge than any shop in the country last year. They are VERY popular around here.
My team-mate has an other SWorks Venge with Red 22 and Roval 60s on it. The one he is letting me ride is too big for him, will see if he wants to cut me a killer deal on it

Last edited by magic; 07-27-2014 at 8:36 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2014, 11:52 PM Reply   
My bro had a limited edition cav venge. It was a super nice bike, good middle ground, did everything well. Sure, it's no Giant but a pretty nice bike. Ha ha.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-05-2014, 7:53 PM Reply   
Anyone riding a 27.5" all mountain full squishy bike? Im thinking about getting one.... looking for something that pedals and can still hit the lift at big bear...
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-05-2014, 8:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
Anyone riding a 27.5" all mountain full squishy bike? Im thinking about getting one.... looking for something that pedals and can still hit the lift at big bear...
I've demo'd a few, liked the Pivot Mach 6 lots. I tried a Lapierre Zesty 527 and it felt heavy. The auto suspension is cool but I wish the bike felt lighter. I'm more of a XC rider when it comes to Mountain biking but I keep wanting a bike I can take jumping and to the local ski area in the summer and up to Whistler. I ride a 29" XC rig and have tried a Pivot 429, I'd go 27.5 wheels for a full suspension bike these days for sure.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-05-2014, 8:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
I've demo'd a few, liked the Pivot Mach 6 lots. I tried a Lapierre Zesty 527 and it felt heavy. The auto suspension is cool but I wish the bike felt lighter. I'm more of a XC rider when it comes to Mountain biking but I keep wanting a bike I can take jumping and to the local ski area in the summer and up to Whistler. I ride a 29" XC rig and have tried a Pivot 429, I'd go 27.5 wheels for a full suspension bike these days for sure.
Yeah, i've yet to demo anything. Im still debating my justification...which is my hardtail makes my back hurt and i just want something squishy... I've always wanted to try a pivot, love that they are from phoenix.

Ive been on a hard tail, ss for the past 4 years living in AZ and its been great. Just move to socal and the riding isnt real conducive to ss (at least where I have been) lots of steep ups and steep downs. Im planning on building my bike up 1X9 in the mean time.

I rode an old santa cruz heckler awhile back and enjoyed it, but I've heard they are kinda flexy compared to the new stuff and I dont think you can get one in a 27.5
Ive got a buddy who is picking up a santa cruz bronson....
I might have to go spin some wheels at one of the local socal yuppie bike shops and see what they have
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-06-2014, 4:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah, i've yet to demo anything. Im still debating my justification...which is my hardtail makes my back hurt and i just want something squishy... I've always wanted to try a pivot, love that they are from phoenix.

Ive been on a hard tail, ss for the past 4 years living in AZ and its been great. Just move to socal and the riding isnt real conducive to ss (at least where I have been) lots of steep ups and steep downs. Im planning on building my bike up 1X9 in the mean time.
I run 1x11 on my MTB and really like it. Its also a hard tail, and ridged. Not running a front shock since I mostly ride XC on it. May pick up a front shock and try it. I did order a carbon seat post and carbon one piece stem and bar last night. That removes the only metal bits on it
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-06-2014, 5:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
I run 1x11 on my MTB and really like it. Its also a hard tail, and ridged. Not running a front shock since I mostly ride XC on it. May pick up a front shock and try it. I did order a carbon seat post and carbon one piece stem and bar last night. That removes the only metal bits on it
Yeah you dont want no stinkin metal bits! You running a chain guide up front? I was thinking of picking up one of the Ethirteen xcx? tube mount guides.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-06-2014, 9:20 PM Reply   
Not your standard bike pjorn post, but....

I worked at a bike shop from 1990-94. During that time I eventually had access to pro sheet deals from the industry reps. Summer of '93 I bought myself a stumpjumper M2 FS (long gone, and man was that bike sweet... 23lbs with a Mag21), and my girlfriend a rockhopper sport. I married that girl. She never rode the bike but I'm loathe to toss it, so we moved it to grad school and back afterwards when we began our careers. All the while it's gathered a beautiful patina of dust. Seriously, I doubt my wife has ridden the bike 100 miles in 21 years.

So my daughter departs for college next week and rather than buy her a bike, why not let her "not ride" her mom's bike which is already accustomed to not being ridden, right?

So I've tuned it up, put on a new chain and new tires, and frankly it rides as nice as it did when I first built it up out of the box in 1993. I'm the only person who has ever wrenched on it and I'm really surprised at how well it has held up. I skimped on repacking the bearings when I pulled the bike out of the box in '93, but I've taken care of that with a fresh packing of phil wood.

Note the period correct (i.e. original) purple anno bottle cage and the scott vr suspension fork (also a pro sheet deal... and one of the very few aftermarket options back then) with threaded 1" steer tube to boot.

Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-06-2014, 11:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah you dont want no stinkin metal bits! You running a chain guide up front? I was thinking of picking up one of the Ethirteen xcx? tube mount guides.
No chain guide. It's SRAM X01 that came on the bike. The wide narrow front ring and clutch rear derailure keep the chain on. I've KOM'd a few local down hill trail segments on Strava with it, done well over 1,500 miles, and never dropped the chain.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-06-2014, 11:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Not your standard bike pjorn post, but....

I worked at a bike shop from 1990-94. During that time I eventually had access to pro sheet deals from the industry reps. Summer of '93 I bought myself a stumpjumper M2 FS (long gone, and man was that bike sweet... 23lbs with a Mag21), and my girlfriend a rockhopper sport. I married that girl. She never rode the bike but I'm loathe to toss it, so we moved it to grad school and back afterwards when we began our careers. All the while it's gathered a beautiful patina of dust. Seriously, I doubt my wife has ridden the bike 100 miles in 21 years.

So my daughter departs for college next week and rather than buy her a bike, why not let her "not ride" her mom's bike which is already accustomed to not being ridden, right?

So I've tuned it up, put on a new chain and new tires, and frankly it rides as nice as it did when I first built it up out of the box in 1993. I'm the only person who has ever wrenched on it and I'm really surprised at how well it has held up. I skimped on repacking the bearings when I pulled the bike out of the box in '93, but I've taken care of that with a fresh packing of phil wood.

Note the period correct (i.e. original) purple anno bottle cage and the scott vr suspension fork (also a pro sheet deal... and one of the very few aftermarket options back then) with threaded 1" steer tube to boot.

No can see the pic

The team I'm on gets killer deals from our sponsoring bike shop. I now understand how racers can afford high end bikes. I'm both scared and looking forward to the end of season deals this year. I want to pick up my team mate's SWorks Venge, and have zero ability to convince the wife two new bikes are needed this year.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-06-2014, 11:38 PM Reply   
oops!

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-07-2014, 6:02 AM Reply   
^^^. Love the old school. I have an old GT Avalanche(90-91?) that I've been thinking about building up(thinking about it for 10 years). Right now, besides peddles, 100% stock. Like you with the SRH, just couldn't see getting rid of it.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-11-2014, 5:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
No chain guide. It's SRAM X01 that came on the bike. The wide narrow front ring and clutch rear derailure keep the chain on. I've KOM'd a few local down hill trail segments on Strava with it, done well over 1,500 miles, and never dropped the chain.
sweet mang! is the rear clutch derailure essential with the narrow wide? I have a feeling it is....
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-11-2014, 8:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
sweet mang! is the rear clutch derailure essential with the narrow wide? I have a feeling it is....
Dunno, it's what came on the bike.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       08-11-2014, 9:48 PM Reply   
Just picked up another one to add to the stable tonight.
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-12-2014, 2:32 AM Reply   
Love the S2, great bike
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-12-2014, 9:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Dunno, it's what came on the bike.
yuuup looks like the clutch in the rear d is essential
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-16-2014, 7:49 PM Reply   
So..... I got some bike parts today....

During install i discovered a crack at my rear drive side drop out
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-21-2014, 3:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
So..... I got some bike parts today....

During install i discovered a crack at my rear drive side drop out
That sucks. Any chance of repair/replacement?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-21-2014, 5:51 PM Reply   
Negative, frame is a VooDoo Bokor and the rear dropouts slide horizontally so I can run SS. Crack started at the inner radius of the track the dropout slides in. Could potentiall be welded as a bandaid, but to really fix it I would need to machine post welding, and the geometry makes it pretty much impossible. Not financially worth it in my book...

With that said, anyone selling a hardtail XC bike??? I was thinking maybe a ragley piglet 2?!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-24-2014, 7:50 PM Reply   
All you guys and your road bikes.... im just over here like... MORE TRAVEL

Officially building a Ragley Piglet2..... Got a 150mm Fox Float CTD with Kashima. Looking for a wheelset currently.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-17-2014, 3:13 PM Reply   
And the build pic... right after its first shakedown.

Ragley Piglet 2
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-06-2014, 7:09 PM Reply   
Anyone race cross? Just got some Fango tubulars wrapped around the 303s. Super light and responsive, but man gluing tubulars sucks.
Attached Images

Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-08-2014, 3:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckinshat View Post
Anyone race cross? Just got some Fango tubulars wrapped around the 303s. Super light and responsive, but man gluing tubulars sucks.
I used to race cross, still have my Redline Conquest. These days it see's winter weather riding with fenders, disc brakes., and wide tires.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-09-2014, 10:24 AM Reply   
Really starting to love tting, great feeling when you get the rig rolling.
Attached Images

Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-09-2014, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Really starting to love tting, great feeling when you get the rig rolling.
Got a powermeter on that? Adds a whole new dimension to TT's and pursuits. In team pursuits it kinda sucks as you can tell when its your turn to pull 500+ watts constant is coming up and "Shut up legs!" is screaming in your head.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-09-2014, 12:32 PM Reply   
Yes mate I have a power meter. Pulled 325W avg, 330w NP for the TT on Sat. Good for me, got a PB! Going to have a little play around with my bar set up, try coming forward and down a little bit. Should get a bit quicker as the weather warms up too.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-10-2015, 2:26 PM Reply   
Dorking out my track bike disc for the coming season
Attached Images

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-10-2015, 9:28 PM Reply   
hey will one of you roadies help convert me? Im thinking of picking up something to pedal on flat boring ground..... price range right around 1k, used, I have a think for cool smaller companies. I like the surly pacer but havent seen any floating around in a 50-52 cm
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-12-2015, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
hey will one of you roadies help convert me? Im thinking of picking up something to pedal on flat boring ground..... price range right around 1k, used, I have a think for cool smaller companies. I like the surly pacer but havent seen any floating around in a 50-52 cm
You are going to want to ride the Surly and other similar bikes. Raleigh and Jamis make some nice steel framed bikes that I would personally try out. Steel rides nice, has a mellow spring feel to it. Also it depends on what you want out of a road bike. I love my Cyclocross bike for more mellow or longer distance rides. Forgiving ride, takes wide tires, takes fenders (I live near Seattle), bit more upright geometry, disc brakes. Right now it's Cyclocross season so finding used bikes could be hard, but it's close to the end of the season. Might be worth looking out for used ones.

Also, QPB.com carries Surly. Many bike shops have QPB accounts and can order Surly. The only thing to watch out for is shops with territorial brands (Trek, Specialized...) Shops that carry those brands may not be able to get other makes in. And, of the folks I know with Surly bikes, they have not sold them. Might be why you are having a hard time finding any used.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-12-2015, 3:09 PM Reply   
Hey steel is real ive been "anti-roadie" for a long time...

Here is my surly disc trucker
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421103663.027564.jpg
Views: 3441
Size:  103.5 KB

Here is my ragley piglet 2
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421103705.048339.jpg
Views: 3611
Size:  109.2 KB

Im not real happy with buying brand new from bike shops unless i can get a super good deal. i have a hard time knowing what kinda markup shops throw on top of QBP's price for "assembly". I get that we "need" local bikes shops and what not, but i personally do not. I built both of the above bikes (other than lacing the wheels) from component level. *end bike shop rant* dont worry, i wont pay to pedal trek, spec, or fisher, something about them turns me off.

Do you have any specific jamis frames you'd suggest? Im not completely opposed to the idea of parting the bike together either, maybe i could find a frame. Ive seen a surly pacer frame floating around, but the factory group on the stock pacer is appealing

Quote:
You are going to want to ride the Surly and other similar bikes. Raleigh and Jamis make some nice steel framed bikes that I would personally try out. Steel rides nice, has a mellow spring feel to it. Also it depends on what you want out of a road bike. I love my Cyclocross bike for more mellow or longer distance rides. Forgiving ride, takes wide tires, takes fenders (I live near Seattle), bit more upright geometry, disc brakes. Right now it's Cyclocross season so finding used bikes could be hard, but it's close to the end of the season. Might be worth looking out for used ones.

Also, QPB.com carries Surly. Many bike shops have QPB accounts and can order Surly. The only thing to watch out for is shops with territorial brands (Trek, Specialized...) Shops that carry those brands may not be able to get other makes in. And, of the folks I know with Surly bikes, they have not sold them. Might be why you are having a hard time finding any used.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-13-2015, 4:05 AM Reply   
That piglet 2 is hot! Heres my NS Surge

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-13-2015, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
That piglet 2 is hot! Heres my NS Surge

Thanks man, how you like that fork? I dig the green, I really wanted to build a green piglet.

I think a pivot mach 6 might be in my future....
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-13-2015, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks man, how you like that fork? I dig the green, I really wanted to build a green piglet.

I think a pivot mach 6 might be in my future....
The X-Fusion fork is awesome. This is an 09 Velour R (which is the same as a Velvet except no lockout). It's super plush, can't really even tell it's there. It's just hammering away doing it's job soaking up the hits.

If it was even a 140mm, I would consider keeping it long-term, but the bike is really designed for a longer axle-to-crown length. I need the extra 10-20mm.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2015, 7:00 PM Reply   
Quote:

Do you have any specific jamis frames you'd suggest? Im not completely opposed to the idea of parting the bike together either, maybe i could find a frame. Ive seen a surly pacer frame floating around, but the factory group on the stock pacer is appealing
The Jamis Quest is a nice frame and has good build options with it. Finding a used one could be a score.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-14-2015, 8:19 AM Reply   
Good time to buy a Surly bike. $150 off.

http://nblo.gs/12FLIA
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       01-14-2015, 8:38 AM Reply   
I have a massive hard-on for the Surly Instigator 2.0 right now
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-14-2015, 9:35 AM Reply   
Thatd mean QBP price on a disc trucker would be somewhere around $700...... Msrp is like $1400
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-19-2015, 6:56 PM Reply   
What do you guys think of the shimano Di groupsets? found a jamis xenith with dura ace Di2 drive train and i am really hesitant...
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-19-2015, 9:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
What do you guys think of the shimano Di groupsets? found a jamis xenith with dura ace Di2 drive train and i am really hesitant...
I had a Xenith SL with a mix of SRAM Force and Red. Really liked the ride, good compliance and great handling. Rode a team mates SWorks Venge last summer with Di2 on it. Was not super wow'ed at the time, bit now I miss it. Next bike will have electric shifting for me. Curious as to what the SRAM and FSA electronic options are gonna be like.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-19-2015, 9:12 PM Reply   
Here is my newest toy. Built it up over 5 weeks ago and won't be able to ride it until later this week due to hand surgery. I'm beyond stoked.

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-20-2015, 11:41 AM Reply   
Great bike!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-20-2015, 12:31 PM Reply   
Ralph: looking good on the Giant!!
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-20-2015, 6:50 PM Reply   
Joe, which version of the di2 are you looking at? Ultegra or Dura-ace? 10 or 11 speed? Stay away from the 10-speed dura ace, as it was the first version and not compatible with the newer 11 speed stuff. I have ultegra di2 10 speed on my felt Z3 and I love it. I am going to build up a new cross bike this summer and going to go di2 as well. I hate sloppy shifting from worn derailleur cables and the di2 eliminates that for me. I was changing cables 3X a year before then due to stretch. Don't worry about forgetting to charge the battery either, I go over 1000 miles on a charge, and even when it is flashing red like the battery is dead, I can still make it over 100 without a problem. I think di2 is awesome, but I'm not "old school." Look around, it hasn't taken a firm hold in the consumer market yet, so there are deals to be had. Givens its acceptance in the pro peleton, I don't see it going away in our lifetimes.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-20-2015, 8:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckinshat View Post
Joe, which version of the di2 are you looking at? Ultegra or Dura-ace? 10 or 11 speed? Stay away from the 10-speed dura ace, as it was the first version and not compatible with the newer 11 speed stuff. I have ultegra di2 10 speed on my felt Z3 and I love it. I am going to build up a new cross bike this summer and going to go di2 as well. I hate sloppy shifting from worn derailleur cables and the di2 eliminates that for me. I was changing cables 3X a year before then due to stretch. Don't worry about forgetting to charge the battery either, I go over 1000 miles on a charge, and even when it is flashing red like the battery is dead, I can still make it over 100 without a problem. I think di2 is awesome, but I'm not "old school." Look around, it hasn't taken a firm hold in the consumer market yet, so there are deals to be had. Givens its acceptance in the pro peleton, I don't see it going away in our lifetimes.
oh bummer, its the 10 spd dura ace! I/ll keep looking around, im not really in a huge hurry to buy, kinda a wild hair that i finally got a little more serious about in the past few weeks...what i really need is a 150mm travel all mountain bike
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-21-2015, 6:46 PM Reply   
Anyone heard of "franco" bikes? http://ventura.craigslist.org/spo/4840758850.html
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-21-2015, 7:44 PM Reply   
Quote:

I have heard of them and checked them out on their website, but never seen one in person. They look pretty nice though.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-22-2015, 12:16 AM Reply   
Moved back to the states a few weeks ago and got out on my bike for the first time in a year - it was incredible. Very jealous of some of the eye candy here.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-22-2015, 6:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr View Post
I have heard of them and checked them out on their website, but never seen one in person. They look pretty nice though.
ah missed that one, someone picked it up last night.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-22-2015, 4:07 PM Reply   
New Vision and FSA bits on the road and TT/Tri bike. Really like the FSA crank on the Tri bike, would put on road bike if I didn't have a power meter on it. The wide rims along with 25mm wides tires and lower pressure ride so nice.
Attached Images

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-23-2015, 9:17 PM Reply   
I did something stooopid.....and i have been enjoying riding it haha.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424754998.042856.jpg
Views: 3021
Size:  96.1 KB

It needs some tweaking but here it is. Saddle is angled a bit down.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-25-2015, 5:20 PM Reply   
Looks great!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-28-2015, 5:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Looks great!
Thanks! I just put some new black bar tape and a black Fizik Arione (this saddle is amazing) on it. looks much better for some reason, i just cant stand white anything on bikes..... the white avid elixer CR's on my MTB drive me nuts....
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-15-2015, 6:24 PM Reply   
This followed me home today, 2015 Crux Pro Race. Wow 11sp Di is nice. Gonna be my new winter bike.
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-16-2015, 1:13 PM Reply   
That's a cool bike
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-16-2015, 6:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
That's a cool bike
Put road tires on it did some miles today. Rides super nice on the road and being able to jump curbs and bomb over things is fun. Have a nice FSA seat post I'll swap out (want that one on the Crux for my mountain bike) and likely swap out the bars for Vision Metron 4D. I have those on my road bike and everything else feels funny now.

When the weather changes here I'll put different tires on and a set of fenders and be good to go.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-16-2015, 10:05 PM Reply   
Did you see Shimano have DI2 12 speed in the works. You will be able to upgrade 11 speed with a new cluster and chain plus a software reflash.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-17-2015, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Did you see Shimano have DI2 12 speed in the works. You will be able to upgrade 11 speed with a new cluster and chain plus a software reflash.
That's cool, had not seen that. I went in looking for a 2016 Crux Expert Evo which is mechanical Ultergra 11sp and came out the 2015 Pro Race. We get a team sponsorship discount with Specialized and add in the end of 2015 year bike discount all added up to the Pro Race being to good to pass up. Two weeks ago there was 50 of the 2015 Pro Race in my size in the US, last week it was down to 10 so I jumped on it. Cyclocross season is coming up pretty quick. Gonna clean up my trusty old Redline Conquest and sell it shortly.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-08-2015, 4:31 PM Reply   
Anyone looking for a 51cm carbon bike? Its a Jamis Xenith Team with 10spd Dura Ace Di2

I am going to build a Ritchey Road Logic 2.0
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-25-2017, 7:45 PM Reply   
Ooooooo yeah. New whip Thursday. 2017 TCR advanced SL with the new Di2. First in the country I think. 6.3kg without pedals and std wheels. Super stiff and direct, makes the old one feel like a comfy slipper
Attached Images

Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-26-2017, 7:10 AM Reply   
Just picked up this Salsa Mukluk a few weeks ago.. its been a blast!
Attached Images