Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-22-2015, 2:05 PM Reply   
I have really enjoyed watching Chris Wolter progress over the years, but I love his intense style. Just watch his olly oop for instance. All of his tricks are go big or go home. Surf style intensity should be encouraged in competition.

Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-22-2015, 4:57 PM Reply   
Great riding Chris and what a super sexy boat Robert. I would love to try that board.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-22-2015, 11:02 PM Reply   
That is a board by Chris' own company, Zombie Surf:

http://www.zombiesurfcompany.com

contact them for more info.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-23-2015, 9:50 AM Reply   
Robert I agree Chris kills it and has been on the end of some bad judging. I don't think anything will fix that tell better rules are put in place on what qualifies you to judge . If you are a competitor, a coach , a parent , or friends with a competitor you should not be allowed to judge. Judges need to be neutral. It has become such a problem that my wife and I are done with comps. Going back to what surfing is all about free riding with our friends
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-23-2015, 10:07 AM Reply   
I don't disagree with you, especially about the rules part. And I know we are constantly working to make it better with the EWT. As far as judges, you standard you just stated is almost impossible. Take for example RJ, my son. He is a judge on the EWT and I think has done a good job and most people trust him, but who isn't he friends with?

We have been working hard to make sure all of the judges are thoroughly trained, and that there are several judges with a degree of accountability. But its never going to be perfect. I can tell you that it is my personal desire its as fair as it can possibly be.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-24-2015, 9:00 AM Reply   
Great edit Ragboy!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-24-2015, 11:18 AM Reply   
Thanks!
Old     (Jbort)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-08-2016, 7:52 AM Reply   
yes yes yes - big time intensity for Chris - its incredible to watch him up close