Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2021, 6:41 AM Reply   
Whatever happened to the fact that dems used to want to build the wall? Is there anything else besides their TDS that made them think walls became “immoral” overnight? Let’s observe a few words spoken by none other than little Schumey.
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-17-2021, 7:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Holy cow, I know it’s an opinion piece, but dang, that is exactly what I think. We’d actually be better off knowing who the enemy is (Harris as prez) than having to be led by some anonymous, dark force like we are now.
It kinda reads like if Mark Levin held an essay contest? He lost me at the double simultaneously: "We cannot simultaneously admit that Biden is mentally unfit for the presidency and simultaneously expect that he fulfills his duties."

That said, migrants at the border is a problem. I'm not personally convinced that a wall is the solution. If enough people on the other side of the wall want to get over, they will. The real challenge is improving the rule of law and standard of living in MX and Central America so that people don't see this as their only option. I wish I could point to a foreign policy intervention where we've been successful in improving the quality of life for a developing country. China seems to be doing a much better job with that in the last decade (funding infrastructure projects in developing countries, and selling those countries on the Chinese surveillance police state in the process).
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-17-2021, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
It kinda reads like if Mark Levin held an essay contest? He lost me at the double simultaneously: "We cannot simultaneously admit that Biden is mentally unfit for the presidency and simultaneously expect that he fulfills his duties."

That said, migrants at the border is a problem. I'm not personally convinced that a wall is the solution. If enough people on the other side of the wall want to get over, they will. The real challenge is improving the rule of law and standard of living in MX and Central America so that people don't see this as their only option. I wish I could point to a foreign policy intervention where we've been successful in improving the quality of life for a developing country. China seems to be doing a much better job with that in the last decade (funding infrastructure projects in developing countries, and selling those countries on the Chinese surveillance police state in the process).
Funny, that wall with razor wire seems to work at the white house. Of course it is considered in humane to put razor wire at the border. Walls work period. No, it is not going to keep tunneling drug smugglers at bay (why is it profitable to make tunnels is another discussion) but they are not running thousands of people at a time through them.

As far as economies go. NAFTA was supposed to help with that. Apparently not. If you are not educated enough to compete in a basic manufacturing economy like we transported to Mexico, then you certainly can not make it here unless democrats get their way and we pay them more than most workers for them to flip burgers.

Something you democrat will never understand apparently. If you don't want people to come, don't say things like we are going to give them citizenship. You make a point that just because they are trying to use children to pull your strings that the manipulation will not work and you tell the press to F off if they make it political. You do what Trump did and make it worth the while for Mexico and others to keep them out.

The reality is democrats do understand these things. That leads us to one and only one conclusion. Democrats are trying to flood the country with perspective future democrat voters. This make democrats public enemy number one. They are willing to sell this country down the tubes for any vote and just like with covid, they will kill and destroy who ever they need to do it.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-17-2021, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
true. I don't care to follow all of the banter.

this article (I have not read completely) supports what I think is going on. It's a very sad time for America

https://townhall.com/columnists/drew...MYX0wWu_1XSgY0
It’s funny you posted that article. Not but a week prior we were having that same exact discussion at work . It’s a genius and scary , but effective plan. There are no talking points , no room for screw ups , and zero chance for anyone to formulate their own opinions on policies and decisions being made. Biden doesn’t have to make any effort to justify his decisions /views/policies and be called on his campaign promises in the National spotlight.

Let’s say your a moderate lefty, you watch the news , Biden starts speaking , fumbles his usual response. Now you hear some great questions being asked by reporters to get you thinking, of course good ol Joe will be flustered beyond belief. Now you are inclined to use your brain , do some digging and find out what was portrayed as thing , doesn’t even come close to what the policy actually does.

This strategy is great for them. Zero spotlight on what’s actually transpiring , with all the talk simply being Biden is hidin .

The press secretary is clearly there to be a dummy , she’s obviously been told to deflect as much as possible , and not make a single statement on Joe’s behalf. Truly scary times .
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-17-2021, 7:12 AM Reply   
You know what happened to it. Once it became a Trump plan they all had to be against it even though every country knows illegal immigration is a problem.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-17-2021, 7:56 AM Reply   
China will either shoot you or toss your a$$ in jail if you try to break into their country.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-17-2021, 8:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
China will either shoot you or toss your a$$ in jail if you try to break into their country.

Agree. But that wasn’t my point? Africans are not trying to break into China, yet China spends big $$$ on infrastructure projects there.

I don’t think anybody wants a Chinese police state here?

How come we don’t need a wall on the Canadian border? Could it be because Canada is stable and prosperous? We need that same kind of relationship with our neighbors to the south.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-17-2021, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Agree. But that wasn’t my point? Africans are not trying to break into China, yet China spends big $$$ on infrastructure projects there.

How come we don’t need a wall on the Canadian border? Could it be because Canada is stable and prosperous? We need that same kind of relationship with our neighbors to the south.
We do. US money is the 3rd leading GDP item to mexico behind oil. We also give them tons of aid and send our jobs there.

I will tell you what is going to help a ton is the 100 million that is being sent to pakistan for gender reassignment in the latest covid bill.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-17-2021, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
We do. US money is the 3rd leading GDP item to mexico behind oil. We also give them tons of aid and send our jobs there.

I will tell you what is going to help a ton is the 100 million that is being sent to pakistan for gender reassignment in the latest covid bill.

Money for the gender programs in Pakistan is part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 that President Donald Trump signed into law December 27, 2020, which funds the federal government for Fiscal Year 2021
https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/2021/01/fact-check-us-will-not-spend-$10-million-on-gender-studies-in-pakistan-as-part-of-COVID19-relief-and-government-funding.html
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-17-2021, 11:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Money for the gender programs in Pakistan is part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 that President Donald Trump signed into law December 27, 2020, which funds the federal government for Fiscal Year 2021
https://leadstories.com/hoax-alert/2021/01/fact-check-us-will-not-spend-$10-million-on-gender-studies-in-pakistan-as-part-of-COVID19-relief-and-government-funding.html
Yep. And congress creates and passes the budgets.

Unless someone got it wrong, that was read directly from the covid bill that was passed.

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 03-17-2021 at 11:04 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-18-2021, 8:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Good thing Trump-daddy asked for that before he slunk out of town!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-18-2021, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Good thing Trump-daddy asked for that before he slunk out of town!
Congress creates and passes budgets. All spending originates in the the house. I thought you were Mr. civics?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-17-2021, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:

Have you tried living in Kalifornia?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-17-2021, 2:21 PM Reply   
Just paid $4.20 a gallon for gas a the same Arco (cheap gas). Up $0.20 from a about a week ago. Same gas that was under $3.50 a gallon a few months ago. I wonder what happened between now and then that changed..... hmmmmm, I wonder........
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-17-2021, 3:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Just paid $4.20 a gallon for gas a the same Arco (cheap gas). Up $0.20 from a about a week ago. Same gas that was under $3.50 a gallon a few months ago. I wonder what happened between now and then that changed..... hmmmmm, I wonder........
looks like the price of crude has climbed correspondingly since a few months ago (but gone down a little in the last week)?

Given that oil is a worldwide commodity, is the price of gas rising because of a worldwide economic recovery / more people are out and about so more traffic / more miles driven / supply and demand?

Or is there some other nefarious pedo conspiracy afoot?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-18-2021, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
looks like the price of crude has climbed correspondingly since a few months ago (but gone down a little in the last week)?

Given that oil is a worldwide commodity, is the price of gas rising because of a worldwide economic recovery / more people are out and about so more traffic / more miles driven / supply and demand?

Or is there some other nefarious pedo conspiracy afoot?
The pedo angle is democrats who love to project but time and time again seem to be the ones actually raping each other.

The financial issue is the democrats commitment to destroying American oil production. Oil futures are based not only about supply but also uncertainty. Democrats bring certainty all right. That is certainty of uncertain availability.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-18-2021, 8:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
The pedo angle is democrats who love to project but time and time again seem to be the ones actually raping each other.

The financial issue is the democrats commitment to destroying American oil production. Oil futures are based not only about supply but also uncertainty. Democrats bring certainty all right. That is certainty of uncertain availability.

Wow I didn’t know you were an oil futures expert Delta. Can you explain why WTI was negative last April? Was it because everyone was so over confident that oil was going to flow forever that they were paying people to take it?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-18-2021, 8:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wow I didn’t know you were an oil futures expert Delta. Can you explain why WTI was negative last April? Was it because everyone was so over confident that oil was going to flow forever that they were paying people to take it?
Russian and Saudi production war, a lack of storage and demand. that was a year ago. This is this year. This is a price difference between just before Biden took over and now.

Hate to tell you but you get to blame Trump for COVID and the fact democrats shut down their economy and made sure to kill as many seniors as possible only for the fact that they did not want to give Trump a win.

Now that Biden has promised to kill the oil industry and oil prices are going up he does not get to own it? You give way too much credit to the intellect of the American voter.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2021, 3:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Come on, man! All your free stimulus money has to go somewhere!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-18-2021, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Come on, man! All your free stimulus money has to go somewhere!
guns and ammo
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-17-2021, 4:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Its Spring Break, oil companies dont want to miss an opportunity.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2021, 7:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Who made you the spokeswoman for the oil companies and how do you know what opportunities exist? Btw, it’s still winter, douche.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-18-2021, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Kalifornia has it's own formula while I agree the market loves to gouge for holidays and time periods, around $.70 a gallon over a few months is a lot.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2021, 3:34 PM Reply   
Whoopsie daisy. Look who gave the middle finger to Biden’s orders... Rules for thee, but.....
Attached Images

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-17-2021, 4:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Whoopsie daisy. Look who gave the middle finger to Biden’s orders... Rules for thee, but.....
Does it take effort for you to be an idiot or naturally stupid? His mask is right there on his ear. He takes it down for a second, someone posts a picture and all the sudden he is eating at the French Laundry. Clown.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2021, 7:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Does it take effort for you to be an idiot or naturally stupid? His mask is right there on his ear. He takes it down for a second, someone posts a picture and all the sudden he is eating at the French Laundry. Clown.
He was busted reading a book, assmunch. Speaking of the French Laundry, your bear is goin down hard. So funny hearing him squeal like a pig, trying to lie and say it’s a bunch of Trump/white supremacy groups when 52% of the people booting him so far are dems. You continue to be such a douche.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-18-2021, 8:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
He was busted reading a book, assmunch. Speaking of the French Laundry, your bear is goin down hard. So funny hearing him squeal like a pig, trying to lie and say it’s a bunch of Trump/white supremacy groups when 52% of the people booting him so far are dems. You continue to be such a douche.
You forgot the memo. Any person who does not vote democrat is a white supremacist including black people who do not vote democrat.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2021, 9:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
I realize your CNN won’t cover this, so for a truly better understanding of the event, you should first bow down and welcome the truth of your daddy’s old favorite news network’s magnificent reporting on the matter.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joh...irlines-flight
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-18-2021, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Funny, you would do it in a second to Trump. clown!!!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-18-2021, 11:08 AM Reply   
Delta, oil futures are down 8% today. Hail Joe? Or is this all part of his evil plot to convince consumers to by chalupas and netflix and not prop up big oil?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-18-2021, 12:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Delta, oil futures are down 8% today. Hail Joe? Or is this all part of his evil plot to convince consumers to by chalupas and netflix and not prop up big oil?
Joe already said he is going to kill the oil industry. Short term changes are of no consequence. Own it.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-18-2021, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Joe already said he is going to kill the oil industry. Short term changes are of no consequence. Own it.

So then remind me what you are complaining about? That some months gas is more expensive than other months? What is the definition of “short term”?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-18-2021, 1:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
So then remind me what you are complaining about? That some months gas is more expensive than other months? What is the definition of “short term”?
With you democrats war on the American people, short term variability is going to continue to climb, climb and climb. Did during Obama. Even your environazi saint Gore wanted it above $5 a gallon. It is heading there again. Your boy is trying to shut down fracking. Just like they do with our 2nd amendment rights and your legal rangling, you will tell us they did not ban anything while making a sea of red tape to simply do it. that is why you guys hated Trump. He got rid of your road blocks.

You want the high prices. Have some balls and own it.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-18-2021, 4:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
With you democrats war on the American people, short term variability is going to continue to climb, climb and climb. Did during Obama. Even your environazi saint Gore wanted it above $5 a gallon. It is heading there again. Your boy is trying to shut down fracking. Just like they do with our 2nd amendment rights and your legal rangling, you will tell us they did not ban anything while making a sea of red tape to simply do it. that is why you guys hated Trump. He got rid of your road blocks.

You want the high prices. Have some balls and own it.
So if I have this right, if gas prices go up in the short term, it's Biden's fault, but if they go down, it's just noise? Am I following along?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-18-2021, 9:19 PM Reply   
OMGoodness. You can’t make this stuff up. Even Biden knows he’s on his way out and calls her “President Harris” himself. Will the weekend at Bernie’s ever end?
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...resident-gaffe
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-19-2021, 8:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
OMGoodness. You can’t make this stuff up. Even Biden knows he’s on his way out and calls her “President Harris” himself. Will the weekend at Bernie’s ever end?
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...resident-gaffe
Not until 2024.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-19-2021, 10:38 AM Reply   
This is absolutely amazing. The democratic senator who sponsored our latest anti police , social justice warrior crime bill in Illinois was almost carjacked and is complaining about low bail. Meanwhile the bill he sponsored, that was recently signed by the governor, eliminates cash bail. You seriously can’t make this awesomeness up.

https://cwbchicago.com/2021/03/senat...t-of-jail.html
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-19-2021, 11:27 AM Reply   
Not once, not twice, three times a trippin. Maybe Lionel Richie can reword the song like Elton did when Princess Di was killed. "Yes you're once, twice, three times a doofus"......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGroF0mSn94
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-19-2021, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not once, not twice, three times a trippin. Maybe Lionel Richie can reword the song like Elton did when Princess Di was killed. "Yes you're once, twice, three times a doofus"......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGroF0mSn94
Damn. Surprised the old fart could get up on his own. He should have gone full Chevy Chase on those stairs landing on the asphalt upside down.
Imagine if he needed 2 hands just to drink a glass of water.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-19-2021, 11:54 AM Reply   
You know the VP with the ghetto name was excited for a few seconds while watching that transpire...
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-19-2021, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
You know the VP with the ghetto name was excited for a few seconds while watching that transpire...
Of Course, shes got 10 large in play on "he only lasts" 1 year 9 mo, in vegas. i got the over.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-19-2021, 2:43 PM Reply   
This is probably the funniest **** I’ve seen in a while.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeScuVwo/
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-19-2021, 3:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
This is probably the funniest **** I’ve seen in a while.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeScuVwo/
I know that we all suspected he was a Trojan horse candidate, but everyone is noticing now. Even his own party asked him for the keys to the nukes. He keeps calling Kamala president. He tells pelosi that he will do what every she wants as they cut the feed. He broke his ankle, falls up the stairs, can't remember who is in charge of his departments. Already said out loud that if he has a disagreement with the VP that HE would step down. Who the h$ll says that. He is the president but HE will step down if there is a disagreement. They hid him during the campaign. When people tried to ask about his health all the commie news agencies went after Trumps health to deflect.

I wonder if any democrat is going to feel duped that biden was ran even though he is not fit for office or did the commie press do enough with their continuous propaganda to make people not even care that the 12th most popular democrat is running the country.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-21-2021, 8:22 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-22-2021, 7:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
This is just one of the many reasons we shouldn't have 70+ year old presidents. Whether it is slowly scooting down a ramp or tumbling up stairs, it looks bad, and at 78, a fall could be a really big deal. We need candidates with a lower slip and fall risk.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-22-2021, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
This is just one of the many reasons we shouldn't have 70+ year old presidents. Whether it is slowly scooting down a ramp or tumbling up stairs, it looks bad, and at 78, a fall could be a really big deal. We need candidates with a lower slip and fall risk.
I don't have an issue with 70 year olds, I have a problem with a political party hiding the person during all the campaigns to pull a fast one on the public with such an important position in the world. If a 70 year old can do the job then so be it. If they can't that person should not even be considered and we certainly should not have a political party doing something so dangerous to the people.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-22-2021, 7:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
I don't have an issue with 70 year olds, I have a problem with a political party hiding the person during all the campaigns to pull a fast one on the public with such an important position in the world. If a 70 year old can do the job then so be it. If they can't that person should not even be considered and we certainly should not have a political party doing something so dangerous to the people.
It's amazing you think you should get to decide what candidates the populous should be able to vote for. Why do you hate democracy so much?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-22-2021, 9:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
It's amazing you think you should get to decide what candidates the populous should be able to vote for. Why do you hate democracy so much?
Not sure how much changing over 300 voter laws right before an election is democracy , but hey who’s counting.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-23-2021, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I think the populous should have access to the candidates so they can make a proper choice on who to vote for. There fixed for you. We are a representative republic. There fixed that for you too.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2021, 6:58 AM Reply   
Dana Carvey does an awesome Biden impression.
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-the-late-show
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-25-2021, 8:42 AM Reply   
WTF?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen...-sinema-racist
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-22-2021, 10:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Purposely walking slowly down a slippery temporary ramp so you don't slip and look stupid is smart. Running up a stairway with severe dementia and tripping THREE TIMES is stupid. Big difference. I saw Biden even tripped up again today.

I'm pretty sure 95's daddy never slipped or tripped in his 4 years.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-23-2021, 5:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Purposely walking slowly down a slippery temporary ramp so you don't slip and look stupid is smart. Running up a stairway with severe dementia and tripping THREE TIMES is stupid. Big difference. I saw Biden even tripped up again today.

I'm pretty sure 95's daddy never slipped or tripped in his 4 years.
I agree. He was showing off, but it highlights the concern of how fragile we all are past 70. I'm not saying we need a 40 year old president, but 70!? There has to be better options out there regardless of politics. Even if Biden doesn't have clinical dementia, there is no way he is as sharp at 78 as he was at 60. We aren't even getting the best version of the individual past a certain age.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-23-2021, 9:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
I agree. He was showing off, but it highlights the concern of how fragile we all are past 70. I'm not saying we need a 40 year old president, but 70!? There has to be better options out there regardless of politics. Even if Biden doesn't have clinical dementia, there is no way he is as sharp at 78 as he was at 60. We aren't even getting the best version of the individual past a certain age.
depends. We may not be getting the best physical person, however we are getting wisdom and experience. Especially in males where the younger we are, we are more prone to irrational knee jerk reactions. Everyone has different levels of emotional intelligence, however that is a generalization.

I can't believe I am defending FDR, however the dude was in a wheel chair and died in office, yet guided us through World War 2. If they have their wits about them, then they should be fine.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-22-2021, 10:27 AM Reply   
Delta gas taxes are the same number of pennies per gallon regardless of price. I don’t think the federal gas tax has actually been tweaked for many many years?

https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policyinfor...018/fe101a.cfm

Obviously states may impose their own taxes, so it’s gonna vary. But it doesn’t look like the rates have changed since the Clinton/GWB era?

TLDR: it’s not Biden’s tax on fuel that is increasing the price right now.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-22-2021, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Delta gas taxes are the same number of pennies per gallon regardless of price. I don’t think the federal gas tax has actually been tweaked for many many years?

https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policyinfor...018/fe101a.cfm

Obviously states may impose their own taxes, so it’s gonna vary. But it doesn’t look like the rates have changed since the Clinton/GWB era?

TLDR: it’s not Biden’s tax on fuel that is increasing the price right now.
I know that Biden has not got his grips on it yet. That is the crux of the issue. Biden is already going to get heat for it going up and he has not even contributed his war on Americans yet. Wait until that kicks in. Like I said, Biden should support any and all price increased on fuel and tell the American public that is what he ran on and his supporters voted for. Own it.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-22-2021, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
I know that Biden has not got his grips on it yet. That is the crux of the issue. Biden is already going to get heat for it going up and he has not even contributed his war on Americans yet. Wait until that kicks in. Like I said, Biden should support any and all price increased on fuel and tell the American public that is what he ran on and his supporters voted for. Own it.
So he's "getting heat" as if it's his fault. Again, worldwide commodity. What would Trump daddy be doing to reduce the price of oil on the world market in the short term?

When Biden "does something," like for instance raising the taxes which haven't been adjusted for inflation at all for about 20 years, then there's something to own.

Right now it feels like you are complaining about capitalism.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-22-2021, 10:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
So he's "getting heat" as if it's his fault. Again, worldwide commodity. What would Trump daddy be doing to reduce the price of oil on the world market in the short term?

When Biden "does something," like for instance raising the taxes which haven't been adjusted for inflation at all for about 20 years, then there's something to own.

Pump the brakes. Did you just say or imply taxes should be adjusted for inflation?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-23-2021, 4:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Pump the brakes. Did you just say or imply taxes should be adjusted for inflation?
Almost all taxes ARE automatically adjusted for inflation. I know Delta hasn't received a raise since 1979, but most folks real incomes have grown with inflation over time. As incomes rise, so does tax liability / revenue. Same can be said for sales tax... as a boat or car or whatever costs more, so does the tax liability. You don't pay tax on a boat based on the kilos of fiberglass in the boat.

Fuel taxes are not inflation indexed like that. If the price of fuel (and corresponding cost of road maintenance that fuel taxes fund) goes up over time, the tax stays static (20 cents per gallon, for instance). Even worse, as evil dem regulations have an effect on making cars more fuel efficient, actual revenues (at least on a per mile driven basis) also decline -- you get more cars on the road for the same revenue. If your old car went 20 miles on a gallon and your new car goes 32, then you are putting 12 more miles of use on a road without paying taxes.

As noted above, federal fuel taxes are earmarked for road maintenance. Has the cost of that maintenance stayed flat since 1997? Probably not.

As we transition to electrics, fuel purchases as a proxy for resource consumption also breaks down. Under the old thinking, if you buy more gas, you are likely putting more wear and tear on the roads, so the fuel tax is at least somewhat proportionate to your impact on road wear.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-23-2021, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:

No, I am pulling a democrat. I am blaming biden for something he has no control over just like you did Trump. Then again, he did run on raising our fuel prices so capitalism or not, this is going to be the trend in his administration (by his own admission) so get used to it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-22-2021, 10:57 PM Reply   
So disgusting watching Biden’s Mexican invitation turn into the cluster that it is now. Gee, who’d a thought that his plan would ever backfire??? ALL OF US SANE REPUBLICANS! THAT’S WHO!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-23-2021, 5:48 AM Reply   
Did anyone see that even Sidney Powell is claiming in a new court filing that REASONABLE PEOPLE wouldn't have believed as fact her assertions of fraud after the 2020 presidential election.

That is her defense, wow.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-23-2021, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Did anyone see that even Sidney Powell is claiming in a new court filing that REASONABLE PEOPLE wouldn't have believed as fact her assertions of fraud after the 2020 presidential election.

Pretty strong defense tho.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-23-2021, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:

We all knew that Trump and his supporters are unreasonable people. Don't see how that's a relevant defense. Jan 6 was evidence that unreasonable people can still do a lot of damage.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-23-2021, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
We all knew that Trump and his supporters are unreasonable people. Don't see how that's a relevant defense. Jan 6 was evidence that unreasonable people can still do a lot of damage.
Have you seen the Trump thread with you commies screaming about every fart Trump let like he had control over the things you guys complained about?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-23-2021, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Have you seen the Trump thread with you commies screaming about every fart Trump let like he had control over the things you guys complained about?
Did the DSM 5 include a twitter-Tourette's syndrome and I missed it?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-23-2021, 9:42 AM Reply   
Get ready for war democrats.

Biden calls on Senate to pass gun control measures 'immediately' after Boulder shooting
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-mass-shooting
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-23-2021, 9:58 PM Reply   
Just in case anyone was curious, those white supremacists have been going crazy in the Chi............ oh wait .......................... Here are the spring totals for this March so far. Wonder why these terrorist events aren’t be covered nationally by the MSM . Anyone have a guess ? Add in the carjackings and robberies Chicago like almost all of the dem cities across the nation will be �� this summer.

Name:  D276B20D-5C03-4E09-AE0B-0D661DFECFE2.jpeg
Views: 869
Size:  91.8 KB

Name:  320630D8-7018-477E-9BDB-6C19E309060A.jpeg
Views: 867
Size:  104.0 KB

Name:  380DDCB4-6CE4-4C4A-BCDF-B4DD67DB8EB9.jpeg
Views: 868
Size:  94.2 KB

Name:  C9B09469-813C-45DB-96ED-B15BAD363C29.jpeg
Views: 857
Size:  80.8 KB

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-23-2021 at 10:02 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-23-2021, 10:04 PM Reply   
So the most recent Unemployment report for benefits was released ................36Billion stolen from the government with fraudulent claims and sine exists believe that will easily surpass 200billion. That’s an over 30-40% rate of fraud........

Yea and people don’t think there was election fraud. RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

We def need more government . They do so well monitoring their money.

Don’t worry. Stumblin Biden will just write more blank checks to save us all.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2021, 6:49 AM Reply   
This is a funny article. Even banana peel Joe would think so.
https://babylonbee.com/news/neighbor...l-lives-matter
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-24-2021, 9:54 AM Reply   
Someone explain to me how the President can ban media with cameras from filming at the border? Geee wonder what he’s trying to hide .
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2021, 11:55 AM Reply   
You know it’s bad when the media are Banana Peel Joe’s own people and he won’t let them be there. I’m sure we’d all be disgusted if we knew what was really going on. Even dems. Hard to believe the media has had to go over to the Mexican side to get any info at all. This is totally scandalous.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2021, 11:57 AM Reply   
At least he got his parking permit for Air Force One.
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2021, 11:58 AM Reply   
Watch that last step!
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2021, 7:44 PM Reply   
Lol
https://mobile.twitter.com/ilDonaldo...92194500517892
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2021, 6:29 AM Reply   
file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/db/11/A7B88B3F-90E3-4685-9C34-71A0E4D9D9CD/MOV_5129.mov
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-25-2021, 12:52 PM Reply   
Just leave this here........since when is 59k poverty level.

Name:  EB724367-77AA-41CA-B4A8-FCE7F12F7ECD.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  56.8 KB
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2021, 1:03 PM Reply   
The cost of living there is ridiculous. It’s double what Sacramento is and that’s only 80 mins away. I can drive a little over an hour and make double what I make at home-which is what I’ve been doing lately. That’s also why I’m pissed about Biden’s higher fuel prices.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2021, 1:13 PM Reply   
Pathetic either way.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-25-2021, 1:39 PM Reply   
Wow. Screw the poor white people. WTF!!!