Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-29-2021, 4:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
My sister's cousins neighbor told me surfing turned you gay.

I don’t know about that, but moobs are a scientifically proven side effect.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2021, 7:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
My sister's cousins neighbor told me surfing turned you gay.
Still butt hurt that you bought the ugly, redheaded stepchild of the Tesla family, huh? Poor guy. Maybe if you apply yourself a little more, you'll be able to buy the real one.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-28-2021, 6:51 PM Reply   
I’ve been working on a job that’s a few hours from my house lately. We just had a big storm in NorCal that did a lot of damage. After arriving to work, I had to turn right back around and head home to address some damage as well as preventing further damage from the storm. If I had to wait for a friggin battery to charge, I’d have been screwed and could have sustained much further damage to my property.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-29-2021, 6:37 AM Reply   
It's a slippery slope

But, if I had to pick a side....

I think it's completely anti American, when if you don't tow the party line, go against the grain, say things that probably shouldn't be said....and most recently, buy stocks that the big boys don't want you buying....then you get banned or censored.

I honestly can't believe that ANYBODY is okay with this. What's next?

Facebook, Twitter, Parlor, Robinhood, Reddit (?)
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-29-2021, 8:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
It's a slippery slope

But, if I had to pick a side....

I think it's completely anti American, when if you don't tow the party line, go against the grain, say things that probably shouldn't be said....and most recently, buy stocks that the big boys don't want you buying....then you get banned or censored.

I honestly can't believe that ANYBODY is okay with this. What's next?

Facebook, Twitter, Parlor, Robinhood, Reddit (?)
Haha robinhood appears to be the victim of its own success.

Ask yourself how robinhood makes money selling "free" trades (or how facebook, twitter, insta, parler etc. make money when they don't charge users for access)?

Hint: the robinhood account holders are not the customers. They are the commodity.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2021, 8:03 AM Reply   
Don’t know how old this is, but it’s in the running for feel-good movie of the year. Hilarious that the idiot who gets hit is wearing his sister’s coat.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LoTFS3g7PNI
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-30-2021, 5:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Don’t know how old this is, but it’s in the running for feel-good movie of the year. Hilarious that the idiot who gets hit is wearing his sister’s coat.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LoTFS3g7PNI
omg, and the evil black and white, jesus lovers, who are "racists" helped the wacko
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-29-2021, 1:25 PM Reply   
I travel daily for work. long miles. long day. i laugh at my fellow reps who have electric cars, all stressed out, always late, always running out of juice, and always saying they never hit the mark and are always estimating on the high side. so it says 200 miles, its dead at 160. things like that are worthless until they can get 1000 miles per charge.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-29-2021, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
I travel daily for work. long miles. long day. i laugh at my fellow reps who have electric cars, all stressed out, always late, always running out of juice, and always saying they never hit the mark and are always estimating on the high side. so it says 200 miles, its dead at 160. things like that are worthless until they can get 1000 miles per charge.
Sounds like my old Sony Walkman cassette player.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-29-2021, 2:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Sounds like my old Sony Walkman cassette player.
i would buy an electric tomorrow if it would give the range. I have had multiple e350 diesels due to gas milage, and an not against electric cars. but lets not twist the facts, they are really more expensive to run, and expensive to buy, and also difficult to manage for many who do not have access to easy charging. It will get there, but its going to take along time, and it will not eliminate fuel but swap gas for electric and will require a lot of natural resources to charge all the things we are "charging" these days
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-29-2021, 2:32 PM Reply   
Its just Paul Bunyan Vs. The chainsaw once again. Cars were more expensive than horses back in the day. We didnt have the highway system or gas stations on every corner either. Your smartphone is a better computer than we had when we sent a man to the moon. Tell me one thing that wasnt improved over time. You are not being asked to make the decision today, do it in 10 years. No need to be afraid of progress nor jump on the bandwagon before you are ready.

Hey Ralph, whats it like driving your Tesla?
Ive seen Johns posts on his E bikes, I just rode a Specialized E-bike, now i get it. Thing is amazing.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-29-2021, 3:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
You have to try one, I could tell you how amazing it is but until you experience it you wouldn't believe me. I'm never going back to petrol, electric is just so much better.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2021, 7:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
You have to try one, I could tell you how amazing it is but until you experience it you wouldn't believe me. I'm never going back to petrol, electric is just so much better.
I have 4 neighbors with them. I've ridden in them. I even considered buying one for my bride. My biggest takeaway is they have torque to spare, but like you, a ginger, they have no soul. I realize you can't really assign human attributes to a vehicle (or libtards), but there's just no unique personality to them. No sound. No growl. No soul.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-29-2021, 8:08 PM Reply   
You don’t t get to pass down your hard earned cash to your kids , but good ol Nancy can get insider trading info and get hers. Amazing how she knew just when to buy a million dollars worth of some Tesla stock. It’s almost as she new a big announcement was coming from
bumbling Joe

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.washi...ses-ethics-qu/
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-30-2021, 4:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
You don’t t get to pass down your hard earned cash to your kids , but good ol Nancy can get insider trading info and get hers. Amazing how she knew just when to buy a million dollars worth of some Tesla stock. It’s almost as she new a big announcement was coming from
bumbling Joe

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.washi...ses-ethics-qu/
Insider trading laws don't apply to members of congress. They could fix it and never do, no matter which party is in power.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-29-2021, 11:18 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=95sn;2006659]

It's like pooping while having to hold a steering wheel.......and then learning there's no toilet paper left.

Could you have asked a dumber question?

It's like driving a car with no soul. Especially if it's white.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-30-2021, 12:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's like driving a car with no soul. Especially if it's white.
EV's aren't for everyone, like dick flavored icecream or fisting your boy friend petrol powered cars will be around for those that want them.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-30-2021, 5:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
EV's aren't for everyone, like dick flavored icecream or fisting your boy friend petrol powered cars will be around for those that want them.
Besides the gas cars, I didn’t realize those things were “a thing” for you. Sorry I can’t relate to your strange world. Good luck with your ice cream. Don’t forget to glove up. Maybe you can use Ali G’s idea that he tried to pitch to Trump and do double duty with the ice cream glove?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-31-2021, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not according to the left , their EPA standards and their vehicle plan. They’re plan already calls for the elimination of gas vehicles .

Maybe you missed this bill from the LUNACY LEFT

California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed an order Wednesday that aims to end the sale of new gasoline and diesel-powered passenger cars in the state by 2035

These are the types of statements , projections , and idiocy that litter their party. It’s a complete fallacy and throwing billions at it is mental retardation,

More mental defects

Federal legislation was proposed in both the House of Representatives and the Senate that could radically shift the way the U.S. tackles its climate crisis. The Zero-Emission Vehicles Act would eliminate the sale of gas-powered passenger cars in the U.S. by 2040.

How about focusing on some legislation that actually has substance.

Biden will be going all in again on this nonsense

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...mpression=true
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-02-2021, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Aren't the democrats trying to bring that activity to a k though 6 grade school as we speak?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-29-2021, 4:32 PM Reply   
Was a huge fan of my i3s. And if there’s one way that Tesla is like other car makers it’s that salesmen never know anything lol
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-30-2021, 4:25 PM Reply   
Had Trump done what Pelosi did, it would be yet another reason for them to want to impeach. The hypocrisy is what gets to me. I know, I say that a lot
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-30-2021, 5:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Had Trump done what Pelosi did, it would be yet another reason for them to want to impeach. The hypocrisy is what gets to me. I know, I say that a lot
They own the media. This won’t get any play time. It just goes to show how easy it is to be a libtard. Just turn off your brain and take what’s fed to you on every channel.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2021, 2:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
So does the hypocrisy on the right get you too? Because I don't really see either party as a shining example of not being hypoctrical. See the problem is that you can always justify why your side is fine to do something that you've previousl decried but when the other side does it, it's "hypocrisy." Most politicians are hypocrites but their respective hype machines (Foxnews, LImbaugh, MSNBC, CNN) are selling you rage, especially the "hypocrisy" of the other side.

Last edited by joshugan; 02-02-2021 at 2:23 PM. Reason: edit
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-02-2021, 3:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshugan View Post
So does the hypocrisy on the right get you too? Because I don't really see either party as a shining example of not being hypoctrical. See the problem is that you can always justify why your side is fine to do something that you've previousl decried but when the other side does it, it's "hypocrisy." Most politicians are hypocrites but their respective hype machines (Foxnews, LImbaugh, MSNBC, CNN) are selling you rage, especially the "hypocrisy" of the other side.
Being an adult brings you to a life of hypocrisy naturally. it is the state of being. It is how you deal with Hypocrisy. Number one point, is you don't want your kids to do some of the crap you did. First thing as a new parent for almost every human on earth.

I guess the question is, did Trump's orders open the border when impacts American's lives and did his eliminate thousands of jobs? Don't know. Just asking for a friend.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2021, 3:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I guess the question is, did Trump's orders open the border when impacts American's lives and did his eliminate thousands of jobs? Don't know. Just asking for a friend.
Well the balance of trade got a lot worse under Trump so you can make a pretty strong case that Yes, yes it did.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-02-2021, 4:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well the balance of trade got a lot worse under Trump so you can make a pretty strong case that Yes, yes it did.
You know it takes a few years to turn the ship from the previous years policies. Obama blamed Bush for 8 years. Trump acknowledged the issue and also the fact that jobs were continuing to leave the country. He utilized the structure that had been lawfully put into place and brought the players to the table to renegotiate. That is the only knobs he had to turn considering how bad the internationalists screwed the American Worker.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-31-2021, 7:31 AM Reply   
What did pelosi do this time? A quick search just showed this.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=uxbndlbing
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-31-2021, 9:16 AM Reply   
Of course you couldn’t find Pelosi’s crooked deal info, nor do you choose to acknowledge it or comment on it. It doesn’t fit your warped view . Just the same BS from you as usual. Don’t answer any questions and never respond to anything , just lob bull**** news links. If we we’re to start arresting everyone based on social media posts , the liberals would lose half their voting core.

I guess you forgot all those BLM social media posters calling to kill cops, maybe your forgot all the acres Lib housewife’s and pussycat hat wearing lunatics calling to kill trump on social media. Love to know how many of them were tracked down and arrested by federal authorities. I can tell you in Chicago ZERO! Here we go with the double standard from you again.

Still waiting on the answer if 13yr old boys belong getting naked in locker room with 13 yr old girls . Still waiting for you to explain how an 8yr old should have the ability to go for sex change therapy and be allowed to transform into a girl legally.

This looks eerily familiar these days.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance...175920193.html

Name:  D25B52DF-6812-43F7-9B8B-16718F9FD82D.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  124.8 KB

Last edited by xstarrider; 01-31-2021 at 9:26 AM.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-31-2021, 10:15 AM Reply   
You can now get an LS swap kit for your tesla, it fixes all the charging issues, no need to stop and charge, pretty crazy, to think you could just put gas in it and keep on going.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-31-2021, 10:33 PM Reply   
I’m sure mister fister, Ralph will be looking for it in suppository form. Lol
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2021, 6:43 AM Reply   
More democrats being democrats. SMH
https://www.foxnews.com/us/washingto...nives-hatchets
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2021, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
More democrats being democrats. SMH
https://www.foxnews.com/us/washingto...nives-hatchets
Substitute "Activists" with "Trump supporters" and "Hotel" with "US Capitol" and you describe stupid republicans doing stupid stuff for stupid reasons.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2021, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Substitute "Activists" with "Trump supporters" and "Hotel" with "US Capitol" and you describe stupid republicans doing stupid stuff for stupid reasons.
Yeah, the only problem is you've only got one big (way overblown) example (that your MSM puts on repeat and beats us over the head with hourly) and you're pretty much tapped out. We have thousands of examples of democrats with new ones coming every day. If you wanna research something, try researching the amount of damage your party has done to our country within the last calendar year. It's ongoing and has never stopped in some cities. I heard you guys did $77,000,000 in damages in one day last year. Your party's shutdowns cost this country trillions and permanently ruined countless lives all because of severe TDS. Can't wait to watch tomorrow's edition of idiotic democrat destruction to our country and our culture. Might wanna consider another party. Your Kool-aid mustache is showing.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2021, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah, the only problem is you've only got one big (way overblown) example (that your MSM puts on repeat and beats us over the head with hourly) and you're pretty much tapped out. We have thousands of examples of democrats with new ones coming every day. If you wanna research something, try researching the amount of damage your party has done to our country within the last calendar year. It's ongoing and has never stopped in some cities. I heard you guys did $77,000,000 in damages in one day last year. Your party's shutdowns cost this country trillions and permanently ruined countless lives all because of severe TDS. Can't wait to watch tomorrow's edition of idiotic democrat destruction to our country and our culture. Might wanna consider another party. Your Kool-aid mustache is showing.
Thats a great idea!! Research is your friend.
https://www.csis.org/analysis/escala...-united-states
Wow, the United States has a big problem.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2021, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nice, classic, libtard echo chamber you found there. Get real.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2021, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
liberal think tank. Talk about an oxymoron.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2021, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Your party's acceptance and promotion of private as well as public property damage as political speech has done all kinds of permanent damage to not only the business owners affected, but to our culture as well. Your party has spawned and continues to cultivate a criminal culture that screams, "if you don't get what you want, either burn it, loot it or steal from it because you're entitled to whatever you want." You are the single biggest cause of blight of every kind in this country-from homeless cities to riot damage.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2021, 10:49 AM Reply   
LOL. What has the Republican party spawned? Whose party elected Marjorie Taylor Green and Lauren Boebert? What happened to the Republican party, its just trump, Q, Stop the Steal and a bunch of seditious traitors living in a made up Fox world. The echo chamber from hell.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/01/u...-mcdaniel.html
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2021, 1:00 PM Reply   
I dont think they offer needles for sale at pot shops.
You may be missing the point of legalization of some drugs. I think the issue is that addiction is a disease and putting people in jail for disease/addiction wont help in the long run. In lieu of prison they get rehab.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-01-2021, 1:51 PM Reply   
We don’t make being an alcoholic a crime. But all of those reefer and mushroom addicts are criminals. Why does the alcoholic get favored treatment?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2021, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
We don’t make being an alcoholic a crime. But all of those reefer and mushroom addicts are criminals. Why does the alcoholic get favored treatment?
Because Jesus made wine
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2021, 5:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Because Jesus made wine
Hey it’s nice to see you were able to pull your electric buttplug out long enough to acknowledge Christ’s first recorded miracle. Have a nice day.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2021, 6:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Do we make being a pothead a crime? As for mushrooms, can you take just a little and hallucinate just a little? Like enough to still drive? How much pot can you smoke and drive? How do you measure it? See the slippery slope you’re on? Wanna compare some more apples and Oldsmobiles?

Here’s a tip: make your rhetoric have at least enough factual content to make us think. I mean, make a real argument. I’m listening. For the record, I actually believe in the medicinal value of pot.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2021, 9:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
As for mushrooms, can you take just a little and hallucinate just a little? Like enough to still drive? How much pot can you smoke and drive?
How about if you have a few mushrooms and then don't drive anywhere, is that OK?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-01-2021, 9:54 PM Reply   
All you idiots comparing alcohol to true addiction /hard drugs have no idea wtf you’re talking about. The addictive properties of those controlled substances are insane as is the physical damage to the body . The amount of crime junkies commit to score their next high is off the charts . Take a look around San Fran and see how their decriminalization standards are working out for their junkies. Look at the stats for families who’s kids are dying daily from heroin overdoses cut with Fentanyl.

Alcohol is no where near as addicting as these hardcore drugs, no where near as deadly , and no where near a gateway to criminal history that drug addicts rack up. Take the crime stats of those drunks , vs the the crime stats associated with junkies. ALL RESEARCH points to hard drug users committing felonies to pay for their drug addiction at an exponentially higher rate than alcoholics . PERIOD.... END OF STORY !

Next you morons will just say the solution to reduce crime related to junkies getting their next score is to have the government provide them their drugs .

I don’t have a problem decriminalizing weed. I do have a problem with the federal government and mainstream media promoting it , encouraging people to get cards , and doing everything in their power to get more people enrolled in medical marijuana in order to turn a profit. That’s all the decriminalizing of weed is about. It’s about politicians and wealthy who invested in weed farms , needing to bet as many people enrolled as possible to boost profits. It has nothing to do with it potential healing attributes and everything to do with $$$$$$

Last edited by xstarrider; 02-01-2021 at 10:02 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-02-2021, 4:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
All you idiots comparing alcohol to true addiction /hard drugs have no idea wtf you’re talking about.
So you see a lot of mushroom junkies committing crimes?

(nobody is advocating for legalizing meth or heroin...)
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-02-2021, 5:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don’t have a problem decriminalizing weed. I do have a problem with the federal government and mainstream media promoting it , encouraging people to get cards , and doing everything in their power to get more people enrolled in medical marijuana in order to turn a profit. That’s all the decriminalizing of weed is about. It’s about politicians and wealthy who invested in weed farms , needing to bet as many people enrolled as possible to boost profits. It has nothing to do with it potential healing attributes and everything to do with $$$$$$
That is most definitely not what decriminalization is all about. It is decriminalized because the public vote to decriminalize pot. The people voting don't own pot farms or medical dispensaries. Pot use has become widespread enough that the public is now seeing people who use it and realize that they aren't criminals. And where you have medical but not recreational pot then yes, they do enroll as many people as possible to produce profit ( we are capitalists right?), but the people enroll so they can be legal and not subject to criminal prosecution. The mainstream media promotes alcohol use, so what's the issue with the media and marijuana?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-02-2021, 11:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
All you idiots comparing alcohol to true addiction /hard drugs have no idea wtf you’re talking about. The addictive properties of those controlled substances are insane as is the physical damage to the body . The amount of crime junkies commit to score their next high is off the charts . Take a look around San Fran and see how their decriminalization standards are working out for their junkies. Look at the stats for families who’s kids are dying daily from heroin overdoses cut with Fentanyl.

Alcohol is no where near as addicting as these hardcore drugs, no where near as deadly , and no where near a gateway to criminal history that drug addicts rack up. Take the crime stats of those drunks , vs the the crime stats associated with junkies. ALL RESEARCH points to hard drug users committing felonies to pay for their drug addiction at an exponentially higher rate than alcoholics . PERIOD.... END OF STORY !

Next you morons will just say the solution to reduce crime related to junkies getting their next score is to have the government provide them their drugs .

Ah..... don't be such a stick in the mud. All those junkies in San Fran have led to lots of high paying jobs in the app industry. They now have apps where they can let the city know where the thousands of sh$t piles are on the sidewalks and streets are. Drug industry baby!!!!

Knew this small gaggle of weed users. Everyone one of them had to use from morning to night and for the longest time tried to argue it was not addictive. My wife finally boxed in the most true believer of them. She asked about edibles or other ways for this "healing factor" that they would advocate and he said, oh no. It is not the same kind of high. Caught ya. All these other arguments was basically trying to main stream the addiction. At least for them. He used to talk about how he was running weed from a guy in Michigan who had the "legal" grow operation. The guy would sell legally to the med places but the stuff that did not qualify for the "med" quality was then sold out the back door. He got caught (the talker, don't know of the grower).
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-02-2021, 3:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Do we make being a pothead a crime? As for mushrooms, can you take just a little and hallucinate just a little? Like enough to still drive? How much pot can you smoke and drive? How do you measure it? See the slippery slope you’re on? Wanna compare some more apples and Oldsmobiles?

Here’s a tip: make your rhetoric have at least enough factual content to make us think. I mean, make a real argument. I’m listening. For the record, I actually believe in the medicinal value of pot.
Wow. Your willingness to weigh in on a topic you know nothing about is always impressive. Who told you all of this about pot and mushrooms? Your football coach? 30 years ago?

You can't compare weed/pot to alcohol in terms harm. They aren't even in the same league. Like apples to oldsmobiles. Compare Alcohol related crimes to pot and mushrooms. And yes you can regulate your uptake. Give me your weight and I can give you an exact mg as a baseline.

All drugs, including over the counter allergy medicine, require responsibility. How many idiot kids get their hands on a bottle of vodka and drink the whole thing? You have to be smart about it--know your limits, etc. You probably shouldn't be doing drugs (alcohol included) and be driving at all. But you can count your mgs just like you can count your oz of beer.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-02-2021, 3:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Wow. Your willingness to weigh in on a topic you know nothing about is always impressive. Who told you all of this about pot and mushrooms? Your football coach? 30 years ago?

You can't compare weed/pot to alcohol in terms harm. They aren't even in the same league. Like apples to oldsmobiles. Compare Alcohol related crimes to pot and mushrooms. And yes you can regulate your uptake. Give me your weight and I can give you an exact mg as a baseline.

All drugs, including over the counter allergy medicine, require responsibility. How many idiot kids get their hands on a bottle of vodka and drink the whole thing? You have to be smart about it--know your limits, etc. You probably shouldn't be doing drugs (alcohol included) and be driving at all. But you can count your mgs just like you can count your oz of beer.
Why are so excited about illegal drugs, do you actually take mushrooms and smoke pot all the time? If so, you need to get help. Also do you have an issue with football coaches, did someone not let you play on the team? What happened? did that start your adventure into drug use? When did it start? Junior high? high school?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-02-2021, 3:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Why are so excited about illegal drugs, do you actually take mushrooms and smoke pot all the time? If so, you need to get help. Also do you have an issue with football coaches, did someone not let you play on the team? What happened? did that start your adventure into drug use? When did it start? Junior high? high school?
What is your fear/resistance to something you know nothing about? Football coaches usually teach health-class. You got your bad information somewhere and as old as your information is, I assume that is the source. You obviously have zero real-world experience on the matter. If you did, you would know that many drugs are illegal for no good reason.

I explained earlier that I barely even drink anymore--my life is too busy. I started my adventure into booze and drugs when I was mature enough to handle it and I am wiser and more experienced for it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2021, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:

Wow. Your willingness to keep rambling nonstop about how you’re an authority on all things drug and alcohol-related leads me to believe you need to put down the meth. You also need to show us where the football coach touched you. Idiot.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-02-2021, 6:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wow. Your willingness to keep rambling nonstop about how you’re an authority on all things drug and alcohol-related leads me to believe you need to put down the meth. You also need to show us where the football coach touched you. Idiot.
Nah. I'm not the football type. I was busy skating, surfing and wakeboarding. I passed on the silly motivational locker-room talks, team showers and brain injuries.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-02-2021, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
because society decided to become unhinged without it. So they gave them one vice. Now you want them to have all vices.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-02-2021, 2:55 AM Reply   
Racist weather is out to get the black man. I saw a white cloud, in the sky, yesterday moving towards a rural area, where black people live. I bet any money that racist cloud is going to rain on them. lol

Democrats are racists, lets develop a strategy to raise the cost of fuel. oil prices, and heating prices, force people to buy electric cars that are insanely expensive, make gas 6 bucks a gallon, and heating oil double. Who is racist?

Idiots! Poor people heat their homes with propane, oil. etc. Living in rural black areas (yes people dont live in downtown Portland) they live in tiny small towns all over this land and cannot afford 60k in solar panels, or have a charging station anywhere near them.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2021, 7:09 AM Reply   
Spot on.
Attached Images

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-02-2021, 8:19 AM Reply   
Shooms last, on average, per the data 4 to 6 hours or even longer. Pot, especially edibles can last very long. Denver has seen a 100+% increase in emergency room visits, regarding psychotic behavior. "heart attacks" bad trips etc etc. Also LA and places that turn a blind eye have become a needle dump. My coworkers, who live in CA, WA etc all say the same thing, the cities are overrun by junkies, ****ting on the streets and walking around like zombies while robing and looting to get dope money.

So I dont see drugs as a good thing, nor do i see alcohol as a "good thing" but i can have a beer responsibly, I cannot eat a shroom responsibly or know how it will affect me or for how long or what i may act like or do. No one can take opioids responsibly. We all can agree, we cannot take them for real pain management responsibly, to the extent that we have an opioid epidemic. I think we can agree on that?

As for the lefties that think this is all cool. That dope is cool shrooms are cool, I hope it does not affect your children, and I hope no one sees their loved ones living in tents in LA doped up because a bunch of left wing idiots think its cool to allow illegal drugs to become mainstream.

Now, one of my best high school friends is in jail. robbery, also was sucking D@#$ for herion money, been arrested too many times to count. He got wrapped up in it after taking a job driving commercial trucks across the country. I guess its more common with truck drivers, didn't know that. he had a great family, never did drugs until he was around it, if you dont have it around you, your odds of "sourcing or searching out" heiron or shrooms or pot are very low. But when everyone around is doing it, you tend to follow the cloud. very sad
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-02-2021, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Shooms last, on average, per the data 4 to 6 hours or even longer. Pot, especially edibles can last very long. Denver has seen a 100+% increase in emergency room visits, regarding psychotic behavior. "heart attacks" bad trips etc etc. Also LA and places that turn a blind eye have become a needle dump. My coworkers, who live in CA, WA etc all say the same thing, the cities are overrun by junkies, ****ting on the streets and walking around like zombies while robing and looting to get dope money.

So I dont see drugs as a good thing, nor do i see alcohol as a "good thing" but i can have a beer responsibly, I cannot eat a shroom responsibly or know how it will affect me or for how long or what i may act like or do. No one can take opioids responsibly. We all can agree, we cannot take them for real pain management responsibly, to the extent that we have an opioid epidemic. I think we can agree on that?

As for the lefties that think this is all cool. That dope is cool shrooms are cool, I hope it does not affect your children, and I hope no one sees their loved ones living in tents in LA doped up because a bunch of left wing idiots think its cool to allow illegal drugs to become mainstream.

Now, one of my best high school friends is in jail. robbery, also was sucking D@#$ for herion money, been arrested too many times to count. He got wrapped up in it after taking a job driving commercial trucks across the country. I guess its more common with truck drivers, didn't know that. he had a great family, never did drugs until he was around it, if you dont have it around you, your odds of "sourcing or searching out" heiron or shrooms or pot are very low. But when everyone around is doing it, you tend to follow the cloud. very sad
So Vicodin or Percocet? I've been prescribed those opioids and have taken them responsibly. the overwhelming majority of people to whom they are prescribed don't get hooked. It's right up there with coronavirus survivability. Prescription opioids are right up there with firearms, where the VAST majority don't have a problem, but the VERY SMALL minority who do have a problem flame out catastrophically.

Nevada legalized MJ coming on four years ago, and the world hasn't ended. They don't sell heroin at dispensaries. You can buy cbd dog treats tho.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-02-2021, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
So Vicodin or Percocet? I've been prescribed those opioids and have taken them responsibly. the overwhelming majority of people to whom they are prescribed don't get hooked. It's right up there with coronavirus survivability. Prescription opioids are right up there with firearms, where the VAST majority don't have a problem, but the VERY SMALL minority who do have a problem flame out catastrophically.

Nevada legalized MJ coming on four years ago, and the world hasn't ended. They don't sell heroin at dispensaries. You can buy cbd dog treats tho.
yes, you take the amount to limit pain, not to go on a 8 hour bender in lala land.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2021, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
So, do you think your friend is better helped sitting in jail or getting sentenced to rehab and getting clean?
You can eat a mushroom responsibly just like you can drink responsibly, weed even easier to consume responsibly. Is alcohol cool too? The 70's called, they want your Weed is a gateway drug theory back. Alcohol is mainstream, you can buy it at every 7-11 across the country and get back in your car for a drink and a drive. Last time I was in FL they had drive thru cocktails. Who are they serving? Who needs to search or source when you can simply drive up? If you need a drive thru to get your drink on you may have a problem.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-02-2021, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
So, do you think your friend is better helped sitting in jail or getting sentenced to rehab and getting clean?
You can eat a mushroom responsibly just like you can drink responsibly, weed even easier to consume responsibly. Is alcohol cool too? The 70's called, they want your Weed is a gateway drug theory back. Alcohol is mainstream, you can buy it at every 7-11 across the country and get back in your car for a drink and a drive. Last time I was in FL they had drive thru cocktails. Who are they serving? Who needs to search or source when you can simply drive up? If you need a drive thru to get your drink on you may have a problem.
He has been though rehab multiple times, i guess once you shoot up, you are addicted forever, and will do just about anything to get it. Hence he broke into someones home (for the 100th time) and robbed someone who he attacked in the process. he needs to stay in jail.

As for drive though drinking and driving, I have no idea what thats all about. as for smoking pot. you can smoke and drive, shroom and drive (terrifying to see people driving on anything, but shrooms, please!) I think common sense is out the window as you should not be drinking and driving or smoking and driving or any drug that can hinder your ability to function. But i would love to see 2 beers vs 2 hits and what the affects are, as I dont use drugs, cant smoke pot, cant stay awake, and if I was forced to take 1 hit, would not be able to drive anything.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-02-2021, 4:06 PM Reply   
where's that "right to drink alcohol" clause, Delta?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-02-2021, 4:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Exactly. They took it away then people started to gun others down in the streets so they decided it degraded society to a violent mob. Alcohol and drugs have been around for centuries. They saw the plight it all puts society into especially when previous civilizations could not afford to have individuals who could not perform to their needed standard in society. They were not a efficient society with zero safety nets so my guess they settled into a position of the least amount of hard to society. Simple cause and effect is enough to judge in that case.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2021, 9:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
You missed it? It’s right after the “right to Burn Loot and Murder” when you don’t get your way.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-04-2021, 8:25 AM Reply   
If its all cool, just let the kids smoke up, why not start them at an early age, give them shrooms and pot as soon as possible. then we can see how it plays out over time Dont hide from the kids. let them help, maybe get them to pack you pipe, roll a few, fun for the family. Remember its totally safe, cool, and has no long term affects or causes any social disorder, doe not affect your job, your education or your brain.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-04-2021, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
If its all cool, just let the kids smoke up, why not start them at an early age, give them shrooms and pot as soon as possible. then we can see how it plays out over time Dont hide from the kids. let them help, maybe get them to pack you pipe, roll a few, fun for the family. Remember its totally safe, cool, and has no long term affects or causes any social disorder, doe not affect your job, your education or your brain.
I know right. Sometimes you just want people to have what they think they want so you can simply see it all crumble and say I told you so. People think that people from a number of years ago were idiots, when the exact opposite is true. They actually had to live in a world of much tighter community interaction and cause and effect was extremely apparent. Instead the leftist just throw out that all laws were racist or based purely on racism thus they need to be removed. I can't believe their schtick works but every year these democrats get elected by saying the same BS.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2021, 4:23 PM Reply   
The model x is bit of a dog, it's 10 year old technology now, the 3 & Y are much better in many ways.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-04-2021, 10:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
The model x is bit of a dog, it's 10 year old technology now, the 3 & Y are much better in many ways.
You know what else is better in every way then your Tesla.........An F250 and a Yukon XL.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2021, 10:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
You know what else is better in every way then your Tesla.........An F250 and a Yukon XL.
You will be driving an electric patrol car soon!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-04-2021, 11:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
You will be driving an electric patrol car soon!
Ha. They’ve been tried in liberal cities already. Big failures as a full fleet. The amount of electronics and abuse of running 24/7 can’t be supported. Sure In small towns with big budgets they wound work, but most medium to large departments run their fleet 24/7 with no down time to charge. The cost would be astronomical as would the maintenance . The fact parts aren’t readily available nor will they be in the future also makes it a non factor. Departments are broke from having to pay the data storage fees for all their cameras at the moment. Payinga premium for patrol cars isn’t going to happen. I am not worried about that being The norm in my lifetime. We do have good portion of hybrids and natural gas vehicles already.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-04-2021, 11:00 PM Reply   
Just wondering what’s taking Biden so long to come up with a National plan to force teacher’s unions to get back to in-school learning ? He was the man with a plan for all of America, at least that’s what he ran on any the supporters here claimed. Yet we’ve seen him do nothing but implement a useless mask policy. Guess the CDC data and “the children “ don’t mater to him that much.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-05-2021, 9:03 AM Reply   
Never heard anyone say pot doesn’t harm your lungs.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-05-2021, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Never heard anyone say pot doesn’t harm your lungs.
I have heard it a ton. It is safe unlike cigs and all that crap. It is almost comical the stuff I heard all while torching up and coughing their heads off.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-05-2021, 10:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
I have heard it a ton. It is safe unlike cigs and all that crap. It is almost comical the stuff I heard all while torching up and coughing their heads off.
I would assume its safer than todays cigs. Probably the equivalent of smoking actual tobacco leaves. Still not good. That vape stuff is worse from what i have read/heard.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-05-2021, 9:57 AM Reply   
Lowering fuel economy standards for vehicles doesn’t do any good for society. Alcohol consumption doesn’t do any good for society. Most of the food we eat doesn’t do any good for society. This could go on all day.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-05-2021, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Lowering fuel economy standards for vehicles doesn’t do any good for society. Alcohol consumption doesn’t do any good for society. Most of the food we eat doesn’t do any good for society. This could go on all day.
Should have said nope. Don't have a thing. He needed PC to search the boat.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-05-2021, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Should have said nope. Don't have a thing. He needed PC to search the boat.
That is exactly what I said, but he is a honest stand up dude. One of the best guys I know. His honesty and the genuine belief that it was no big deal is what got him in trouble.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-05-2021, 6:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
That is exactly what I said, but he is a honest stand up dude. One of the best guys I know. His honesty and the genuine belief that it was no big deal is what got him in trouble.
So honest and stand up he was in possession of an illegal substance, knowing it to be illegal .
(scarcasm off)

I guess he had to pay up finally for that “white privilege “. Welcome to the actual true life story of the justice system bias. You know how many white suburbanite kids were hammered with minor drug possession offenses while minority counterparts skate free for actual manufacture and delivery charges of controlled substances? You know how many white business men spent time in jail and caught felony charges for possession of .02 grams of powder while black dealers walk free? I ca tell you it’s in the 1000’s here in Cook County Illinois

The fact that the federal government , state governments , and municipalities are promoting drug legalization and advocating for its usage is utterly appalling and should open anyone’s eyes who actually follows recreational drug use statistics. Since your an Illinois border guy you already know the push to legalize as many “medical “ cards as possible in Illinois came up way short of their prediction , only all the lefty politicians down state that investors in the weed farms and bought the lad and funded the ventures , were now about to be in the hole because of it. So what did Illinois do ? Tripled the marketing, lowered the standards, and made it easier to obtain an exception.

They have everyone fooled by focusing on weed while backdooring hard drugs . Not sure how long ago your buddy’s thing was , but if you actually follow drug trends , vape pens are the hottest commodity in addicting our youth to the drug . They’re used in schools across America and the battle to control that epidemic daily is failing miserably. Statistics overwhelming show that those kids who are doing vape pens in Jr High are exponentially trending towards heroin before graduating high school. There is a reason the heroin epidemic is skyrocketing, all research points to the ease of accessibility to weed at young ages. They simply burn themselves out l, and the weed high no longer does it for them , so they jump to the next drug. Why wouldn’t they in their minds drugs aren’t bad , politicians are pushing to legalize them , we won’t het arrested if we are caught with em , so let’s go to west side and buy some heroin.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-06-2021, 6:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
So honest and stand up he was in possession of an illegal substance, knowing it to be illegal .
(scarcasm off)

I guess he had to pay up finally for that “white privilege “. Welcome to the actual true life story of the justice system bias. You know how many white suburbanite kids were hammered with minor drug possession offenses while minority counterparts skate free for actual manufacture and delivery charges of controlled substances? You know how many white business men spent time in jail and caught felony charges for possession of .02 grams of powder while black dealers walk free? I ca tell you it’s in the 1000’s here in Cook County Illinois

The fact that the federal government , state governments , and municipalities are promoting drug legalization and advocating for its usage is utterly appalling and should open anyone’s eyes who actually follows recreational drug use statistics. Since your an Illinois border guy you already know the push to legalize as many “medical “ cards as possible in Illinois came up way short of their prediction , only all the lefty politicians down state that investors in the weed farms and bought the lad and funded the ventures , were now about to be in the hole because of it. So what did Illinois do ? Tripled the marketing, lowered the standards, and made it easier to obtain an exception.

They have everyone fooled by focusing on weed while backdooring hard drugs . Not sure how long ago your buddy’s thing was , but if you actually follow drug trends , vape pens are the hottest commodity in addicting our youth to the drug . They’re used in schools across America and the battle to control that epidemic daily is failing miserably. Statistics overwhelming show that those kids who are doing vape pens in Jr High are exponentially trending towards heroin before graduating high school. There is a reason the heroin epidemic is skyrocketing, all research points to the ease of accessibility to weed at young ages. They simply burn themselves out l, and the weed high no longer does it for them , so they jump to the next drug. Why wouldn’t they in their minds drugs aren’t bad , politicians are pushing to legalize them , we won’t het arrested if we are caught with em , so let’s go to west side and buy some heroin.
1.) He thought it was decriminalized.
2.) He is 100% Mexican.
3.) He is also an elite level wakeboarder (for his age)
4.) He is the director of sales at a $0.25B private company

Damn, I've read a lot of your stuff and reserved a lot of judgement because you being in Law Enforcement gives you a unique perspective worth listening to, but damn dude. I purposely left out his race to avoid creating a distraction. Why did you have to make it about race at all? Also, your thoughts on drugs are foolish, ill-informed and archaic. It kinda scares me that you have the prejudices you share on here and a badge and a gun.