Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (xabichin)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-16-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
I'm new to the wakeboarding world and looking at buying a 2004 23 Malibu LSV. I was wondering what the general consensus is for this boat (pro's and con's)and what a fair price would be for a boat in good condition.

Thank you
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-16-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
Great boat. Same hull as the present day LSV. Takes a little weight, but the wake is huge with 3000 pounds a a couple of people. Roomy and comfortable.

Fair price depends on your area - I can't say since you don't list your location on your profile. Ballpark for one with moderate hours would be in the low $40s range if I had to guess.
Old     (xabichin)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-16-2007, 7:40 PM Reply   
I'm from the Northern California area.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-19-2007, 9:39 AM Reply   
Watch legends of Ray Hubbard.....it is a 2004 LSV Camo'd out.

http://www.wakepics.com/img/18192

Great versatile boat for surfing and boarding, I have mucho pics of both.
Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-19-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
The wake of the 04 LSV is one of the best. There is a reason that just about every video since 04 has an LSV in it. It throws a great wake, is definantly one of the most comfortable boats out for more than a few people in the boat. I am biased of course because I have one! I will say a couple of friends just purchased new 07's and I've been out in one of them. They have improved even since 04. The hull is the same, but the new wedge has improved the handling of the boat. They have always handled exceptionally well for a 23 foot boat, but I would admit the 07's handle even better.
I personally wouldn't buy with an engine less than the hammerhead, the monsoon in my humble opinion just has to work a little too hard for me. I have the hammerhead, and the new hammerhead stroker engine blows mine out of the water! Either way the bigger prop on either engine helps a ton.
I'm not so sure about low 40's for a price. I guess without many options or if somebody wanted out of their boat maybe low 40's.
I always get curious of my boats value so periodically I check value on NADA guide. A fairly loaded Lsv with trailer can book out anywhere between 48k-57k, give or take for condition of course.
I know the new one's are around 60k and up for fairly stock, and it's pretty easy to add 25k in extra's on any wakeboard boat.
I really don't think the LSV's need to much weight, but as with ANY wakeboard boat on the market a little extra's always good! I myself carry an extra 600lbs or so with 3-5 people makes a great wake. Of course, full cooler and a few more people, it just gets better. My .02!
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-19-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
I have one, and I love it. Most of the 2004's with the Illusion X tower only have one location one each tower leg for a wakeboartd rack. This was changed late in 2004, and by 2005 all the Illusion X towers had 2 mounting locations per tower leg, if I remember correctly. Also, in the 2004's, the rear hard ballast tanks are located above the floor inside the rear storage hatches. This has changed on the newer LSV's, as the tanks are now below the floor. I have the 340 Monsoon, and I replaced the rear hard tanks with 750 lb sacs. So my total water ballast is about 2250 pounds, plus the wedge, plus I add about 400 pounds of lead. The wake is fantastic, and I think the boat pulls me out of the water just great. I have no complaints about my motor. I am running the stock prop, and if I ever need more power, an upgrade to the ACME 1235 prop is pretty cheap and easy. I bought my boat last September for $42k. I had to drive to Kansas City to pick it up, though. It had 107 hours on it, and is in mint condition. It came with the Illusion X, bimini, docking lights, pull-up cleats, MLS ballast, manual wedge, tandem axle Boatmate trailer (with torsion axles, disc brakes, swing-away tongue), fiberglass swim deck, and flip-up bolster seat. The stereo was nothing special, just the Sony head unit and 6 interior speakers. No tower speakers, no tower lights, no sub. Also, it did not have a depth finder or Perfect Pass. I have since added the factory depth finder ($300) and PP ($1100). The installs were very easy. The local dealer here in Vegas had a used '06 that was completely blinged out with everything you could imagine, but they still wanted mid 60's. I didn't want to spend that much, so this worked better for me. A couple months later, a friend of mine bought almost the same boat from a guy in Tennessee for $40k. The trailer is not quite as nice, and it did not have PP either, but I still think he got a pretty good deal on it.
Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-19-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
Sam, those sound like great deals for sure. The tank swap for the bigger sacks sounds great. Been thinking of doing that for a while. Always wanted to split my bow and center ballast pumps to run independently like 05 and newer.
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-19-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
My boat looks like it has 2 pumps to fill the front/center, and one pump to drain (it sits down in the middle just behind the center tank). Since the fill hoses leave the pumps and travel out through the stringers, I don't know which one runs to which tank. Do you know? It looks like it would be pretty easy to add in another switch to one of the empty slots on the dash.

The rear bag swap was very easy to do. I just used the existing pumps/hoses. The only problem I ran into was that the water wanted to empty out prematurely through the drain line and also backwards through the fil line. I solved this problem by putting a simple $3 check valve in the fill line, but I had to buy a $60 electronically-actuated valve and install it into the drain line. I had to do this on each side, so it cost a little bit. But well worth it.
Old     (jifffy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-19-2007, 9:12 PM Reply   
Do you have more pics of that camo LSV??? high res please
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-20-2007, 7:30 AM Reply   
Yeah, I will get them later today.
Old     (riverrunner)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-20-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
Bought our 04 LSV at the beginning of 06, first thing I did, was remove the rear tanks and replace them with 750lb. pro-x sacs. This mod not only gives you a better wake but, more storage room. Mine came with two mounting points on each side of the Illusion-X which is the second thing I did two racks on each side. It allows for 2 wakeboards on each side and two surf or skates on each side. I have not tried it but, could probably get more wake boards on it is just difficult because the racks are too close together. My front and mid tanks are on separate switches from the factory they started doing that in mid 04 I believe.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-20-2007, 1:33 PM Reply   
that wake is huge in that video. Those double ups look intimidating, but that song was annoying.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-20-2007, 1:39 PM Reply   
2004 LSV, about 3000 pounds no wedge.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-20-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
That song Freakin ROCKS!!!!!!!

I will say, that wake was big... It had to be loaded down. But loaded down or not, It was big.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-21-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
Wynns LSVUpload
Upload
Upload
Upload