Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            09-03-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
Mike Armstrong, of Calibrated, let us borrow an old prototype of a twin tip surfboard after a discussion about throwing shuv's on a surfstyle board.

James can hrow the shuv on his board, but due to the very narrow nose, there is little he can do to shuv back out.

We talked about building a board that had a more full nose and possibly a molded-in fin. Jerry Price had a board made for Chase that has a more diamond shape nose for just this purpose.

I think we'll refine the process a bit more and shape the nose round, basically duplicating the tail on James' current board, but blend the outline such that there is more of a surfboard taper and install a single FCS plug in the nose to allow the installation of a single very small fin.

This is the picture of the Calibrated board, I do believe it is the fore runner to the XBC skate.

Upload
Upload
Old    surfdad            09-03-2006, 10:20 AM Reply   
The Calibrated had one of the most defined double concaves I've seen on a wakesurfer.

Upload
Old    surfdad            09-03-2006, 10:23 AM Reply   
Mike said that James would be able to do shuv's all day and he was right. However, it didn't lend itself to doing airs. I think the design that we'll pursue is the twin fin tail allowing James to do his airs and the surface 3's and a fuller nose with a simple single fin (small) to allow James to shuv back out.
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-03-2006, 5:41 PM Reply   
chaze hazen= complete beast