Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-28-2006, 10:54 PM Reply   
The subject says it all. Thanks.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-29-2006, 7:10 AM Reply   
Wait till the wake is perfect then place the tail of the board in the water and see what way it wants to pull towards. In doing this you might find you will want to start towards the center. Place the tip on the platform and apply pressure on it with your front foot. Lean forward keeping all your weight on your front foot and just place your back foot towards the tail of the board. Then just start slowly transferring weight to your back foot, be ready because it will want to come forward back onto the ski platform. It will take a time or two to get the feel of it, but once you have it down it is as easy as surfing.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-29-2006, 7:35 AM Reply   
video would help...
Old     (enzostyle)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-29-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
Do it with the rope first so you can do it slow to get the feel of it. Stand with all your weight on your front foot on the deck. When the wake is ready just move your weight to your rear foot and start surfing!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-29-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
how much of the board is in the water ?
1/2, 1/3, 3/4 ???
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-29-2006, 9:35 AM Reply   
When I do it almost 3/4s of the board is in the water. Just the nose is on the platform and I basically stand with most my weight on my front foot.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-02-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
I got to try it out and it is not easy... The guy's that I was riding with made it look ease but the board wanted to keep coming back to the platform...
Upload