Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-21-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
Ok I posted a while back but need to ask another question. I fill the left balast 1000 lbs then have the people in the boat move to the same side...I fill the front end with 400-500 lbs and yes we can surf but I have to concentrate like crazy to stay in the sweet spot. I do not have any sacs to put in the locker...but I am assuming I need some weight atleast 500 lbs in the back locker to am I correct?
Old    bobthomas            08-21-2006, 5:56 PM Reply   
I don't have the factory ballast in front but I do use 350 lbs of lead that is concentrated very far forward compared to the stock 5000 lbs of water.

The picture is with stock port ballast full (1,000lbs), 7500 lbs in the rear locker (fly high sac) and three people in the boat.

I have since added a 3000 lbs sack underneath the port cabin seats. That weight helps lengthen the pocket a bit and makes staying in the wake, when driving a straight line especially, "effortless."

Upload
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-22-2006, 10:19 PM Reply   
We've been working on our MB wake lately as well. I got the B52V w/o the triple up but I have found that we need some weight in the front in order to hold speed. I put a 300 sack in the front, fill the 800 stock on the side we want to surf, and put everyone else in that corner as well. Its amazing what having one person on the wrong side of the boat does to the wake. I also fill and 600 sack in the storage as well. I've tried putting as much as 1000 in the storage but it doesn't seem to help any more than 600. With this setup I can surf all day long but some of the guys who haven't surfed that much struggle to stay in no matter how good the wake looks. It deffinately gets easier with practice like anything else. Here's the best pic of my wake that I can find. I do want to clean it up a little more to look like bob's. Any suggestions on getting a cleaner wake?Upload
Old     (daleaudre)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-23-2006, 7:29 AM Reply   
I don't use anything other than factory ballast and the wake is great. I think you'll find that balance and reaction time is more important than additional weight.

Just my .02 but I just did my first 360 on the same board Kenny is riding above with the right tank full and 2 girls in the front and two behind the driver. The front tank was empty.

Good luck, it just takes time to get it.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-24-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
I agree Bob....I can surf without the rope for several minutes but I have to concentrate and balance. The minute I take my eyes off what I am doing I loost the sweet spot so I am going to try some weight in the locker this weekend.