Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
I just returned my mangled up Watsons today and exchanged them for some zeus'...This is the result of a hard landing on a backroll!
You can see the quality "dental floss" they use to sew these things together.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-23-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
Wow thats crazy how they ripped appart like that.
You will love your Zeus they are really sweet!!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-23-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Ha, ha, ha... That's awsome. Dental floss, huh... At least you'd be dialed to keep your hygiene up in a pinch. I'm curious about a lot of the new bindings that are not serviceable and are "glued" together. It'll be interesting to see how they hold up.

BTW you'll dig your Zeus'. I've had mine for almost a year now and they've been flawless.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
The other reason why I went with the Zeus is becasue they are AMERICAN made and I have dealt with their warranty department before and they have excellent service.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-23-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
Sorry but the CWB bindings are not made in the USA, but they are the best IMO and CWB has a great warrenty dept.
Old    alanp            06-23-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
nick sorry to hear about your binding however liquid force has always been awesome in taking care of whatever problems ive had with their problem. im sure they wouldve been willing to replace these. anyway good luck with the new binding im sure theyll be nice
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-23-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
i dont see how LF is gonna take care of your needs in a fast fashion since they cant even get new pairs of watsons.watsonles,shanes,and shane les in the pro shops..they wer late getting there this year and now are back ordered with no ship date as of yet..
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-23-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
liquid force is always a pain in the butt, their stuff always seems to fall apart quickly, and they are never willing to replace things. Hyperlite my friends will do anything for you.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-23-2006, 3:07 PM Reply   
boardonwater ~ Not true. I just broke me LF Teams and they handed me a new pair of Transits with no questions asked. I could have gotten the Shane's or the Watson's too, but I didn't want to spend the extra money. All companies are good with taking care of the customer, but Bill has a great point.
Old     (stwake)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2006, 3:50 PM Reply   
i had a problem with my o5 fish i broke it the first time out they shipped me an 06 within 2 weeks josh hathaway got right on it
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-23-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
Boards don't seem to have the same problem as bindings.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-23-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
Just a wild guess, but do you have a made in the USA tag anywhere on those? Think not.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-23-2006, 7:44 PM Reply   
i would be so f'ckin pissed if my factions did that. you should be able to get new ones from LF.
Old    cwbabsolute1080            06-23-2006, 9:38 PM Reply   
dan that hapened exactly to a kid at a wake comp I was at about a month ago... EXACTLY THE SAME.... I think we found a flaw
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2006, 9:55 PM Reply   
mango- I didn't even bother with LF, I still had the in store 30 day warranty. They exchanged them for the Zeus' with no problem.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-24-2006, 1:04 AM Reply   
I guess there is a downside to having the pimpest and most comfortable boot on the market!!

imo of course.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-24-2006, 1:56 AM Reply   
Just another reason to stick to laceless bindings.

Sorry about the loss though that really does suck big time, especially with how anticipated they were.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-24-2006, 1:57 AM Reply   
Just another reason to stick to laceless bindings.

Sorry about the loss though that really does suck big time, especially with how anticipated they were.

Get a pair of these, you wont be disapointed! http://wakeworld.com/boots/getboot2.asp?ProductID=1519
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-24-2006, 6:47 AM Reply   
HAHAHAYa them are sweet bindings Nick
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-24-2006, 8:30 AM Reply   
"Just another reason to stick to laceless bindings"

The binding failed because of the laces? Can you qualify that, or is it supposed to sound ignorant?
Old     (jovedawake)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-24-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
wow, i hope that doesn't happen to my watsons.

does the zues work just as good as the watsons? with sitffness and heal hold down??? has anyone had their zues break??? or anything they don't like about em?

thanks
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-24-2006, 10:41 AM Reply   
Wow that is one sweet tear.

Tag.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-24-2006, 11:17 AM Reply   
Jeff- I really hope your nothating on my bindings. The pic may not look great and they don't have anything fancy on them but they give you the best hold and support. That and I can get parts for them and have them replaced years down the road.

TackleBerry- the binding failed IMO b/c it is made in China. Then they can sell them b/c of how cool they look and how many differend ideas they have such as the little lace holders etc. Laceless baindings don't have as many components and are connected to the baseplate. The only thing that can then rip is the rubber itself which is replacable to local shops in about ten minutes.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-24-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
Nick I am not hating on your bindings. The only thing that matters is how they feel on your feet and if they feel the best to you and you feel that they have the best hold and support, then thats all that matters.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-24-2006, 4:44 PM Reply   
Swan - the laces themselves have nothing to do with the binding failure. I have seen just as many, if not more failure of non lace bindings. BTW, lace type overlays on HL & CWB equipment can be replaced in the same 10 minutes and solid rubber overlays. Should not hate on lace bindings in general. I'm calling shenanigans, Officer Barbrady.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-25-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
Nick, I'd rather slap on a pair of LF Ultra Sucs if I'm going laceless, no dig to your binding but I love the thick comfy foot beds and how those boots hold to my feet.

I've been riding LF for the last 9 years and anytime I've had a problem with gear they've fixed, replaced, or even updated my gear.

The biggest issue they are having this year is long shipping/producing times. Which I do agree is very frustrating. I've been lucky enough to get hooked up with my 06 bindings early on in the season, I actually had them for the CIE spring ride (thanks Clint, thanks Kristy).

I'm not going to sit here and knock other companies, in recent years several products have had design flaws. These flaws are worked on every year to remedy them for the following. With the progression of gear as rapid as it has been in recent years there's going to be some problems.

I stick to LF because the gear and the people have treated me good. Whatever you ride, if it makes you happy great! It always comes down to wakeboarding and however you're able to do that, be it behind a 75 hp outboard with a costco board, or a blinged out wakeboat with a top of the line package, it always comes back to "wakeboarding"