Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-21-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
Anyone planning on hitting Kelowna for the pro tour?
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-21-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
Hopefully. We'll see what happens.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-21-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
I love wakefest!

Upload
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-21-2006, 8:11 PM Reply   
Nice Photo Hahn, I'm planning on going again, Kelowna is packed full of ladies.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-21-2006, 8:15 PM Reply   
I might have to try and head up there. I think I might just have that weekend off...
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-21-2006, 9:10 PM Reply   
"Kelowna is packed full of ladies."

That's how we do
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-22-2006, 6:43 AM Reply   
I'll be there, than again, I live here so no point going anywhere else. We are finally getting some great weather. Have had off/on wind/rain all spring (not normal for here) but it looks like summer is here.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-22-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
Here is the only issue I have with Kelowna. In the states, the legal drinking age is 21. So kids start drinking when their like 17? In Canada the drinking age is 19, so kids start drinking when their like 14. There are a ton of beautiful women in Kelowna, problem is half of the drunk girls walking around are under 16! Bummer! Fun to watch but not worth going to jail over!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-22-2006, 8:03 AM Reply   
You can tell that picture was taken in Canada due to the fact they couldn't even find six girls hot enough to be models. I guess there's only two legitimate hotties in the entire country.

.....just kidding Canada
Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-22-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
I cant wait to go its going to be sweet
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-22-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff, I believe it is the US that has the highest obesity rate. You've obliviously never been here.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-22-2006, 4:46 PM Reply   
LOL, no argument here. America has its share of fat people, no question. My post was only a joke. I've been to Canada on several occasions, and there's plenty of good looking ladies. The hottest girlfriend I ever had was from Alberta. But as far as that picture goes, I'll take the two on the left, but skanky Mischa Barton, old Mischa Barton, tall Mischa Barton, and that annoying girl from Dawson's Creek have to go.
Old     (wake_boarder49)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-22-2006, 11:12 PM Reply   
I'll hopefully be out there this year
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-23-2006, 5:51 AM Reply   
Kelowna is awesome. Known for the best party of the year, but unfortunately, also known for having some of the worst water conditions of the year too.

Probably one of the nicest spots in the entire country. Too bad I won't be able to make it out there this year. I'll go with Rusty to win it - he seems to be one of the best in rougher water.

Jeff - Just because you add a 'just kidding Canada' at the end of your post doesn't mean it's Ok to sling as much s--t as you want.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-23-2006, 6:14 AM Reply   
Steven - I'm heading out your way in October. I saw on the news last night that Sedona has some serious forest fires coming down on it. Was it exaggerated, or is it really that bad??

I guess what I'm trying to say is, is my only real trip away from home this year in doubt or what???
Old    absolutofft            06-23-2006, 6:20 AM Reply   
There are a lot of hot girls at the kelowna stop, but I have to agree there is only one hot girl in the picture that Hahn posted. She is the one who won the bikini contest and lives in kelowna. The other girls travel from contest to contest looking to find a small boost to their self esteem.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-23-2006, 6:54 AM Reply   
Mike, come on, cut me some slack. I love Canada...it's a cleaner, nicer, more in-shape (and colder) version of America. I was just making a lame joke, no hard feelings. It's just, in America, there's millions of beautiful women lining up to show some skin in any media medium--however small--for the off-chance the exposure will get them famous (what that says about our country I'll let you decide). Hell, in America, video game conventions full of nerds and nobodies usually have a few dozen Playboy-caliber beauties. The Kelowna tour stop should have paid a little more for their talent or, atleast, flown in a handful of our camera whores.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-23-2006, 4:10 PM Reply   
Jeff - No big deal. No problem.

But, you're from Texas. You would know that if I came on here and started making jokes like you did about Texas, I'd be taking some heat for it too. No worries. No hard feelings.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-23-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
Mike, The Brins fire "Sedona" Is huge! They only have it 15% contained and have spent over 2 million fighting it.

Here's a great link to some photos:

http://www.azcentral.com/php-bin/commphotos/show.php?colid=426&slide_nbr=1&HTTP_REFERER=http://www.azcentral.com/
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-23-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
Whatever.. the bikini contest is small, who cares. There's more than enough eye candy up there, anybody who has ever been to kelowna can attest to that. Kelowna is full of silicon, steriods, and lifted duallys. I'll be there, the Grand hotel is where its at!
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-24-2006, 6:24 AM Reply   
Hopefully we are done with our wind and have a decent year. The last couple of days have been great. Glass off and on all day yesterday (friends skiied at 1pm). We had our first great day on the water. I'm impressed the pros could ride in some of the water we have had. The axxholes going mock 40 by all the boats watching doesn't help either, hopefully they will patrol a bit better this year too.
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-24-2006, 6:27 AM Reply   
Hopefully we are done with our wind and have a decent year. The last couple of days have been great. Glass off and on all day yesterday (friends skiied at 1pm). We had our first great day on the water. I'm impressed the pros could ride in some of the water we have had. The axxholes going mock 40 by all the boats watching doesn't help either, hopefully they will patrol a bit better this year too.