Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (socaldave)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
This past weekend my youngest daughter (7 years old) sucked it up and tried wakeboarding for the very first time.

After about 4 or 5 tries, she was out of the water for a short time. Her last ride was about 300 yards!

I couldn't hug her enough after and tell her how proud I was that she hung in there and kept trying.

I think the WakeWorld hat I was wearing brought her some good mojo!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-23-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
awesome! thats great. Wish we would have had a boat in my early years! Cool pics. Good thinking also with the jet ski for the little one :-)
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-23-2006, 9:53 AM Reply   
Thats killer, congrats to your daughter. Plus you just increased your gas bill 100%!!
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
My 9 year old daughter got up on her very 1st try last weekend and to be honest we did not think she would because she is a bit of girly girl. The look of shock on her face once up will be in my memory for a long time.
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-23-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
God bless wakeboarding.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-23-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
sweeeeet - that last shot is sick - check her out with the lil hnagloose symbols!!!
Old    awsnow            06-23-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
Watching a newbie learn is as exciting as pulling off a new trick yourself. I love the little ones!!
Old    mendo247            06-23-2006, 10:04 AM Reply   
AWESOME!!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-23-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
WakeWorld gear brings another family closer together...sniff, sniff!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-23-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
There are not too many better ways for a family to spend time then boating/wakeboarding/skiing. My kids weren't quite that young when they started (they were all over 10 when I bought the first wakeboard - an HO Perez) but they all had slalom skiied, kneeboarded and just plain grew up in the water.

Anyhow this is a picture from this summer, 2 thru college and 1 with 2 years left and they still come around.

Thanks for posting your experience it made me remember those days and it only get's better!

The family that plays together stays together!

Upload