Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-24-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
I am looking at buying my first boat for me and my family(wife and 2 kids, 8 and 10)They want to learn to wakeboard and wife wants to cruise. I have been looking at a 2004 Calabria Cal Air Pro V, 24' 350 merc engine, 50 hours, Black Boss Tower,Dual on-board balast system,bimini top,Alpine stereo Speakers, hot and
cold water shower, heater, depth finder, pure vert
ballast system, and the rear table. It has been used in the delta so has been in some brackish water. The price is around 38,000. Any suggestions or things that I should look for would be greatly appreciated.
2004 Calabria
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-24-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Looks like a real nice boat, not a terrible price either for a boat that big. Average retail on Nadaguides is 38k before all the options. You can probably talk them down a little since it is winter time. It's usually harder to move a boat in the winter.

I doubt the water was very brackish at all if it was used in the delta. You have to get pretty close to the bay to get truly brackish water. I wouldn't worry about that. Just look over everything for anything that looks out of the ordinary, corosion etc. Take it out for a test drive and run it through it's paces. Then make your decision. Don't buy anything without driving it first.
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-24-2006, 12:51 PM Reply   
Thanks for advice David
Old    ilovetrains            01-24-2006, 1:08 PM Reply   
My first instinct is that someone put a lot of money and time into setting up that boat, why dd they get rid of it so soon? Most likely they wanted to get the newest greatest thing, but ask them what dealer they bought it from and ask the service guys if they have seen the boat in before. You can't be too carefull, even though the odds are it is great boat.
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-24-2006, 1:22 PM Reply   
Matthew,

The guy is selling the boards, vests and ropes with it as well. So I dont think he is getting a different boat.
Old    ilovetrains            01-24-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
Hmmm. That would kind of set off my radar. This is either an opportunity to get a great deal or a bad deal waiting to be made. Is the boat private sale or though a dealer?
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-24-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
Through a dealer on consignment
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-24-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
OR the person can't afford it anymore and just lookign ot get out of the boat ASAP. But I agree buyer beware, but most people who buy $50k plus "toys" have respect for them and will take care of them.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-24-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
Makes me think the guy did exactly what your doing. Wants to get into the sport, goes out and buys everything to start.

Then in his case, 2 years later decides he can't afford it or just doesn't enjoy it as much as he thought.
Old    ilovetrains            01-24-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
Any warranty? Is the dealer the one who sold the boat originally? If not, is there one in town? The only way I have seen dealer's take boats on consignment is if you bought a boat from them or the boat that is being sold was originally purchased.
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-24-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
The guy I talked to said that there was no warranty on boat left. I believe the engine had a one year but that has expired. Calabria website says something about a limited lifetime warranty, but there was no mention of that. The dealer where it is at sells a different brand of boats but has many used boats for sell as well. There is a dealer in a town about thirty miles away. I just dont want to get burned, but couldnt afford this much boat in a new purchase.
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-27-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
Thanks For everyones help I am going to go look at the boat on saturday. Hopefully it will be worth my while.

Thanks Again
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-27-2006, 10:08 AM Reply   
Thanks For everyones help I am going to go look at the boat on saturday. Hopefully it will be worth my while.

Thanks Again
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-27-2006, 10:53 AM Reply   
Rob,
Call these guys at pro tour watersports.
425-814-1395

They are up in Washington but they have 5-6 2005 Cal Air Pro V's all loaded and Brand new for @$40K. Also there is a guy out in Reno selling his and it is super loaded with $$$$$$ Stereo.
His name is Spencer . You can probably get his boat for around the same price
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/259292.html?1137316096