Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-03-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
I want to get a flip up riser seat or just the flip up part for my mobius. Any know where and how much I can get one for??
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-04-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
Make sure you really want it before you spend the money. We got one in our Centurion Cyclone thinking my vertically challenged wife would need it. She has not used it at all. Neither of my sons use it and they are about her height.
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-06-2004, 8:06 AM Reply   
I know it will get used because everyone that drives when pulling someone on my boat sits on like 2 or 3 lifejackets. Anyone have any suggestions on where I can get one and cost? Also do I have to buy a whole new drivers seat?
Old    zboomer            12-06-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
I have the riser driver seat, and it sucks, or at least it does for a "full-sized" guy like me. The front half of the seat folds back upon the rear half, creating a small seat (half depth) but twice as high. Problem is, if you weigh over like 150 it crushes down, adding maybe 2" to the height.

Just get a square throwable PFD, the type you're supposed to carry anyway, and throw it down on your chair and sit on it. Much better.
Old     (p_e_ski)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-07-2004, 6:06 AM Reply   
Hey Sid, checkout boatseatsonline.com and then go to the flip-up bucket section.
Old    upupnaway            12-07-2004, 6:14 AM Reply   
My buddy has a malibu with a short drivers seat and it is equiped with the flip up.
We never use it, we just use a couple throwables like Micah said. The flip up seats are not very comfy.....
Old    woopededoo            12-07-2004, 1:57 PM Reply   
My moomba has the riser seat and it was one of the top options I wanted for my boat when I ordered it. I rarly use it since its just way too uncomfortable when it is up. Also, like Micah said, it doesnt add much height to the seat once you sit down. Another issue is the sides of the riser seat hurt like a sonofa$#@$& when you sit down on it wrong when its up. Save your money, sit on the throwable.

Now if there was a way to raise the whole seat like in some cars.....
Old    upupnaway            12-07-2004, 6:59 PM Reply   
See if the bottom pad of your seat is removeable, and put a couple 2x4's under it, then you have the same seat only higher.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-07-2004, 7:43 PM Reply   
Detailed info available here:

http://www.malibuboatowners.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid= 23