Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    norcal_99            07-29-2004, 10:30 PM Reply   
How long do you think it will be before iPod integrates into boat stereos like they did with BMW?

That would be cool to have.
Old    emoney            07-30-2004, 5:20 AM Reply   
Its already happened......
Old    ball6135            07-30-2004, 3:08 PM Reply   
could you tell me more or point me to the post that describes it? We have a stock Clarion head unit on our boat and would love to tie the iPod in... thanks,
Old     (fumanchoo)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-30-2004, 3:11 PM Reply   
just get a digital fm converter.thats what I use on my san.super easy.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-30-2004, 4:54 PM Reply   
I'm actually very disappointed that car companies haven't already taken bigger steps towards making car stereos more mp3 player friendly.

You'd think that SOME company would have figured out that people wanna play their mp3 player through their car/boat/etc speakers by now...

but yeah, FM modulators work, but the sound isn't any better than FM radio...
Old    murrayair            07-30-2004, 8:44 PM Reply   
Some of the VLX's have them.
Old    norcal_99            07-30-2004, 9:09 PM Reply   
I'm going to look into getting it in my boat. Never again will I get CD skip while hitting double ups.
Old    mountainlake            08-03-2004, 11:12 AM Reply   
we have mastercraft x star 04 with the standard clarion system i dont know which model it is, did somebody knows if we can use the i pod or other mp3 things with our boat and how???? thanks guys
Old    cheeseinaz            08-03-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
If you have an iPod, just go to a Mac store and get the FM Transmitter. It broadcasts your iPod signal over an open FM radio station. I've been using mine for over a year and it works great. Never skips, each rider has their own playlist and you never have to change the cd. The clarity is perfect too. I have a friend that just paid $400 to get her BMW wired for her iPod and the thing still isn't working right. The FM transmitter is the quickest and cheapest way to hear your music. This is what I have: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=T7194LL/A
Old    mountainlake            08-03-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
thanks for your help!!! i hope this thing is aviable in switzerland!
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-03-2004, 12:00 PM Reply   
if your radio is compatible, plug the ipod in through the back of it. the FM transmitter is not nearly as clear of a connection as the wire.
Old    cheeseinaz            08-03-2004, 12:11 PM Reply   
Agreeed mossy. If you can get the "Y" connection to the back of the deck, go that route for better quality. I couldn't so the transmitter was my only option on the boat although I do use the Y on my home stereo. And don't get suckered into buying the splitter from Apple-you can get one way cheaper at a local stereo store that does the same thing.
Old    foobysmacker            08-03-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
Playing an ipod's sound through the stereo speakers is easy and nice. It's just "that easy" for any other player with a headphone jack given the right adapter.

What *I* really want is to be able to control my portable player using the transport controls of the deck. In this case, I want to use my Sony remote control panel in-dash on my boat to be able to skip songs, rewind, etc. and NOT have to reach for the little playback controls on the ipod that might be tossing around in the glove box or otherwise.

I have seen this for Sony head units:
http://densionusa.com/merchant/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DU&Product_Cod e=I11_Sony&Category_Code=IA_AFTERMARKET

Not sure if there is an aftermarket device similar for Clarions or other stock decks, but to me that's the real goal.

Anyone using something like a ipod cradle and/or remote interface integrated to the head unit?

Anyone using the ilink interface linked above with any success?
Old    chucky            08-03-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
I run my I-pod in my boat all day long, you just need a deck with a aux in jack. Most of the new stuff has it. the new malibus have a jack build in for it.
Old    chucky            08-03-2004, 3:00 PM Reply   
I run my I-pod in my boat all day long, you just need a deck with a aux in jack. Most of the new stuff has it. the new malibus have a jack built in for it.
Old     (thelakeisglass)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-04-2004, 6:11 AM Reply   
I have an FM transmitter and a cassette adapter, the FM doesn't work that reliably for me so I use the cassette adapter instead. It's great - no skipping, make a play list and hear what you want . . iPod's rule!