Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 01, 2004

Old     (h2oskeefreek)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-17-2004, 3:56 AM Reply   
http://www.southeastcorrectcraft.com/usedboats_detail.cfm?ID=392
Old    hockeyruss            02-17-2004, 5:31 AM Reply   
That boat is worth about 25 new, so being 5 years old and 18g is a lot overpriced..it is a moomba not a nautique......
Old    hockeyruss            02-17-2004, 6:34 AM Reply   
Actually nada says retail 17.8-18.2 so it is not that bad, but if I was going to spend 18g's on a 5 year old boat, I would rather spend 25 and get a brand new outback with a tower (same thing as dd mobius). Low retail is 14g for this boat.
Old    bigd            02-17-2004, 8:10 AM Reply   
Those older moombas sit so low in the water that a jet ski could swamp it. Useful only if you will never see chop over about 6 inches.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-17-2004, 10:40 AM Reply   
I beg to differ BigD. We have a '98 Mobius and the only time we have taken on water is when I have a steering over our own wake issue. Our lake gets really choppy during the afternoon and swamping has never been an issue even with 1500 pounds of ballast and half a dozen people. Now my friend's Malibu is another story...

WakeNup - your approach might not work for most people. Usually when you are looking at boats in the 18k range "just" another 7 grand is not so simple. With that philosophy I would "rather" spend 50k and get a SANTE.
Old    sikes230            02-17-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
I just bought that boat yesterday, paid 17k for it, which i thought was still a little high for this boat but the previous owners payoff was 16.5 so he wouldnt go any lower then that. Im pretty excited though, this boat is a huge step in the right direction for me, considering ive been riding behind an 82 ski tique. I just moved down here and dont know anybody around, so any body looking for a pull is welcome to come check out the "new" mobius. I have a feeling im going to need some extra weight in this boat to throw up a good wake. Im near daytona beach if any body was wondering.
Brad
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-18-2004, 4:40 AM Reply   
Hey Brad- congrats on a great deal! I think you will love it, but that comes from a Moomba owner of the same boat (down to the blue metal flake) in a '98. We have worked on developing a great wake and so far have had the most success with the following: a fat seat in the back nearly full and a fat sac in the walkthrough area pushed all the way back to the dog house. At first we put the sac all the way up in the bow but the distribution wasn't quite right. With all of that weight plus a few people we are over the Coast Guard limit but we have a good time. All told with pumps and bags we are in about 300 bucks but it made a huge difference. I was struggling with W2W and the day we added ballast I nailed it. Same with Mike and his tantrum - all we needed was a little bit more that what was stock.

By the way... I'm coming to Ormond Beach in April just in case you are rolling out then and need a third (or just some gas $).
Old    hockeyruss            02-18-2004, 7:40 AM Reply   
Yes Congradulations and I am sure you will enjoy it. I love the blue metalflake, it is pimp.