Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-30-2003, 3:19 PM Reply   
Hey all I am having real trouble sorting this one out and just don't seem to be able to go w2w toeside and its killing me as I have one wake ts fs 180s sorted and they would look so much cooler if it was w2w but I can't even get a straight ts w2w jump heeeelppp!!
Old     (obrienride16)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-30-2003, 4:43 PM Reply   
whats going wrong with it/ are you not getting the distance, or falling on the landings? it is very similar to a hs w2w in that you need to edge through the wake using a progressive edge. also make sure you keep the handle in to your hip, and ride all the way through the wake. you might want to drop your back hand when your in the air so you dont get pulled around either. also shorten the rope a little so its narrower until you feel more comfortable doing them.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-30-2003, 4:53 PM Reply   
The biggest mistake people make on ts jumps is opening up their shoulders to the boat on the cut. You need to drop your back shoulder so that your shoulders are parallel to the wake. Edge by moving your weight onto your toes with your knees slightly bent, and the handle at your lead hip. Hold that position through the wake - that's the hardest part. Practice it a lot and maybe get some pics or video of your cut so you can figure out what you're doing wrong.

Here is a pic of Sean, who has decent form on his ts jumps:

Sean TS
Old     (powdrhound)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-30-2003, 9:20 PM Reply   
Cheers guys yeah I think my shoulders are open at the mo.
I am not getting the distance and am slipping out at the mo.....I am not to worried about the slipping out part as I think thats just me forgetting to bend my knees and absorb the landing.
I do have the rope on the shortest length at the mo too
Old     (cbv)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-01-2003, 7:18 AM Reply   
I thought of it as edging like a water skier does. At first I just practice from the outside of the wake inside and slowly started jumping further into the wake. Once I started hitting 3/4 of the distance getting the extra bit of distance was just edging a bit more.

The hardest thing for me to do at first is not let go of the handle when I cased the oppisite wake. After I stuck that TS jump became easy and I seem to like them more these days...maybe because I finally did landed TS backroll this summer (my first invert...yaaa).
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       12-10-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
just grow some balls and cut into the wake ts as hard as you can and it should work. if not do what the others have mentioned.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       12-10-2003, 2:21 PM Reply   
Decent?! Dammit Bill, if you are going to put a picture up of me making a stupid face, you could at least give more props than decent, or at least photoshop another coors light can somewhere.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-10-2003, 9:15 PM Reply   
Sean are you going to the bathroom in that pic?
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       12-11-2003, 8:20 AM Reply   
Brian you use this guy way too much And no I'm trying to hold it.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       12-11-2003, 8:25 AM Reply   

How's that?

In all honesty look at how his knees are bent forcing the board to keep on edge while his upper body is straight where it should be. A lot of people who are learning bend at the waist too much. If you roll your knees forward it does the same effect while keeping your body in a better position. Very impressive Sean, I personally can't ride with a turtle head!
Old     (zigzagsd)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-11-2003, 3:24 PM Reply   
that is a great looking face there, sean. thanks for the entertainment, bill!
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-11-2003, 10:31 PM Reply   
Nice form, bro.
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-30-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
The thing that killed me was that you have to bend at the knees not the waist.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-30-2003, 7:17 PM Reply   
Looks like he has one prairie dogging
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       12-30-2003, 8:10 PM Reply   
laugh it up, just laugh it up.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-30-2003, 8:21 PM Reply   
Hey Sean I've got one of Me thats a lot worse than that! I call it the HS Growler