Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old    kiwi            12-26-2003, 1:49 PM Reply   
hope u can help folks

I took my boat out today and when I started it up the belt squealed and it was like the waterpump wasn't turning.I pulled off the belt and manually turned the pump which seemed fine .Thinking that it was a loose belt I tightened it up and then tried to restart .Sweet ;fired up no noise .Took off down the river when after about 2mins the alarm came on from an overheat .
Got the boat back on the trailer and pulled off the hose from the intake scupper to the pump and out came what looks like bit of rubber .Is this my impellor .If it is what dmge do u think i"ve done and is it easy to fix .The boat has only done 25hrs.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-26-2003, 1:54 PM Reply   
I lost an impeller last year and I lost every vien off the impeller.Luckily I had an extra on board and changed it out.I took it too have a service guy backflush my system to get all the loose pieces out.They did not say anything was wrong with the moter and it worked fine the rest of the summer.
Old     (vortech347)      Join Date: Aug 2000       12-26-2003, 2:25 PM Reply   
If the boat only has 25 hours am I to assume it's new? If so, then that's a warranty issue. If it's under warranty I would make the dealer look that engine over completely to make sure there was no damage.

Good luck.
Old    g3revenge            12-26-2003, 3:08 PM Reply   
hopefully the alarm saved you. sounds like you sucked up a twig into the raw water pump. do you have a strainer?
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-27-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
Greg is right that if it is new and is under warranty they should take care of it. Now the hard part. You need it in writing that the boat overheated. For instance "customer complaint boat overheated, check out and report". The reason this needs to be is in the future the boat motor may fail and you will have a better chance for recourse. They will fight you on it, because if it written it must be true, so stick to you guns, but be nice at the same time as you will need to continue to do business with the company.

Thomas is also right you should have a strainer on the water intake. My Nautique came with one and everytime I checked it there was some kind of debris in it.
Old     (rzmike)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-27-2003, 4:57 PM Reply   
I had to replace my impeller back in September, and discovered I don't have a strainer. Where can one buy a strainer?
Old    g3revenge            12-27-2003, 8:22 PM Reply   
skidim and others sell them, but a strainer will not keep an impeller from failure or keep the rubber vanes out of your motor when they blow.
i don't want to give anybody a false sense of security.

a guy on inboardtalk mounted a second stainer after the raw water pump.

i'm sure your alarm saved you, but you need to get all the rubber pieces out of your motor.

(Message edited by g3revenge on December 27, 2003)

(Message edited by g3revenge on December 27, 2003)