Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-19-2003, 3:35 PM Reply   
We went and looked at some land at a private ski lake still under construction. http://www.mountainlakes.com/fs_index.html It has a South Texas feel to it and is about 1.5 hours from our house. This would for sure be a weekend house. The Recreation lake is about 100 acres and is surrounded by hills on all sides. It will fill in about 2-3 years. Once filled the level would be maintained by wells.

I'm a little concerned with the size of the lake. Granted many people don't even own a boat, but with a jet ski and a boat or two, you will be competing for smooth water. Any thoughts out there? I don't want to blow the wad on a place that will fill up with just a few boats. Other public lakes in this area won't allow docks.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-19-2003, 6:26 PM Reply   
bruce,

Is there any rotation schedule or anything like that. If the lake is open to all residents at any time, I think 100 acres is way too small. We are on a 500 acre lake and we don't touch it on the weekend, but we aren't paying big bucks to be on it either, only about $150 a year.
Old     (tigeal)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-19-2003, 7:44 PM Reply   
There would have to be a rotation were each owner would get 20-30 min. then the next, etc.etc. Then you would get your flat water without risking your life or the one towed's life. These are typical in california usually having a slalom coarse set up and allowing one boat at a time, although Paradise lakes in Bakersfield allows multiple jet skis for a rotation, much to the die hard skiers and boarders dismay.
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       12-19-2003, 7:52 PM Reply   
There is no water in the lake yet so no need for a schedule. Fees are 295 per year. Includes an RV Park, storage lot, club house, pool, parks, etc.

How does your schedule work? Are PWCs allowed?
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       12-19-2003, 9:24 PM Reply   
We have no rotation and it is a mess come weekends when the wallys are out. Luckily we are 1 1/2 hours from a major metro area (1mil +), so the weekdays are usually us, 1-2 other ski/wake boats, about 40 bass boats hiding in the trees, and at worst 1 jet ski, so we usually have butter Sunday night to Friday night. We are usually promoing at tournaments on the weekends, if not we wax the boat ;)
Old    slalomskifreak            12-27-2003, 1:12 AM Reply   
Bruce,

I have a place on a 400 acre lake. To many houses on/off shore. Madhouse on the weekend (tubers), but pretty empty on weekdays (I'm off M,T,W). We banned all new PWC's, so only a few old ones remain and they slowly go away as they forget to re-register. No lake rotation. Lake is idle only between 1 hour before sunset and 10am. Boat size is restricted to 19ft w/ unlimited h.p. Our lake had very few boats also, but that is rapidly changing as a younger crowd comes in. I love it, regardless of the numerous boaters and competition for good water. Good luck!