Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-30-2021, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
That makes it sound like you get COVID from being vaxxed. Reality is surviving infection>vaxxed>unvaxxed.

It’s great and not surprising that infection confers natural immunity. That’s really an argument for a more rigorous testing regime, no? How else does one prove COVID except by a positive test?
From what I have seen on the mRNA vaccine, is it induces your body to make a spike protein. The vaccine goes in your arm and is supposed to stay there while your body mobilizes to fight it. I have seen people make it sound like you have generated some sort of covid immunity, however that is not how I have seen this technology presented. The mRNA in no way is creating COVID in your body, only a protein.

Not sure that requires a testing regime. What is the point?

1) COVID is here to stay
2) some people have natural immunity already
3) according to what is supposedly being documented is those with the vaccine are not as seriously ill
4) There have been less than 350 deaths of those under 18
5) around 20,000 since the beginning from those under 45
6) way over half the deaths are people over 75 year old
7) Just under half the deaths are in the 45 to 65 age group
8) naturally gained immunity from contracting covid is greater than the vaccine (which no one wanted to even consider a few months ago)
9) those who have had covid are 7 times less likely to have a break though case then those with the vaccine

To me, it is becoming pretty clear that those 45 and up should get the vaccine. Just following the number of deaths on this. More than likely we lost the most people who were susceptible already but this group is more susceptible by looking at the numbers. We should not even worry about anyone under 18 and then have the discussion on which people between 18 and 45 should get the vaccine. Seems to me that we would have better long term outcomes if the data is correct. Seems like to me, vaccine mandates for those under 45 (or subset) are cutting off peoples long term health options.

I guess the only argument you could make is will we get mutations from the non vaccinated or those who have not contracted covid (as once again is sounds like the ones who have contracted it are less likely than the vaccinated to get a break through case). Seems to me that people have had to be exposed by now and possibly more than once. Could be wrong, however the mutations so far are from other countries and not the US. Are those countries that isolate doing a disservice?

Last edited by DeltaHoosier; 09-30-2021 at 8:19 AM.