Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-05-2021, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
I can agree to a certain degree, however I though weed was a cure all. All I hear from weed smokers is how it does nothing to their lungs because it is so pure and from the earth. Then all the guys I know moved on to torching up dabs on nails and crap. I thought weed was not a gateway? The reality is, once the bodies receptors go bad, you need heavier doses. dabs are way more potent. The law was fair. people got their weed. Now they want more powerful stuff. Heroine right around the corner?

Here is a thought. Quit doing drugs and quite advocating. It does not do any good for society. It is getting to the point of 1980's mullet guy in cut off genes in a '78 firebird trying to tell us how drinking and driving is cool and that Budweiser is the cure of the world while chucking empty cans out the window.
I don't buy into the weed wonder-drug talk. I believe it helps with apatite (obviously) and that it is a good supplement to reduce opioid consumption post surgery, but I hate the whole medical marjuana thing. It is just more layers of regulation on something that is nearly harmless. It is bogus. It should be legal because I am an adult. I should have the right to choose how I get my jollies or wind down at the end of a day. If it doesn't hurt you in the slightest, why do you care? Short of possession, what crime am I committing by skipping a few glasses of wine and having a toke instead.

All drugs have their abusers even the legal ones. How many times have you heard someone say they were switching from beer to liquor because the beer just isn't cutting it?

I will only consider the argument in your last paragraph if you abstain from all drugs-- Including alcohol and caffeine. If you drink alcohol, you have no moral high ground to me. The legal vs non-legal is nonsense (the whole point of my argument). They need to be discussed as most harmful to least harmful (to society). Your "It does not do any good for society" argument is an absolute joke. A lot of things do nothing good for society--Like wake boarding, but it is fun and it doesn't hurt anyone else.

The part that is really bugging me is that I could not imagine this discussion only a few years ago on a wakeboard website. I didn't smoke for my early years in the sport (until I was 21ish), did a little here and there and now pretty much don't at all. I just pass on it. But I am a wakeboarder--a laid back guy. Why would I care what other people do? The sport has roots in rebellion and counter-culture. Why is pot a big surprise? It just makes me sad that I feel like the sport has lost its edge and I don't really know who to blame.