Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-05-2020, 2:14 AM Reply   
I haven't been here in years, but decided to roll through this AM, for some reason. I'm still convinced that the $100k wakeboat ruined the industry. When we started riding we were all in our early 20's and bought new boats. 4 guys in our crew. 4 boats. Thise were some of the best days of my life. How many kids can roll out of college and pay for a $80k starter boat?

If definitely takes a toll on the body, too. In my early 40's I'm still feeling good, but I'm not into pounding myself like I used to.

Cool to see a bunch of the same screen names still on here. What's up, guys?!?!
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       05-05-2020, 4:46 AM Reply   
Well the price of the boats doesn't help. I don't think it is the driver in decrease of interest, as you can always get a good used boat.

I think interest just peaked and declined. Used to be bowling was popular also. Things come and go.

The 20 somethings must be doing something else.

Let's face it moving from amateurs to intermediate (360, toeside jump, and a coulple inverts) is pretty difficult. Most people gonna quit after one or two good falls.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-06-2020, 7:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
I haven't been here in years, but decided to roll through this AM, for some reason. I'm still convinced that the $100k wakeboat ruined the industry. When we started riding we were all in our early 20's and bought new boats. 4 guys in our crew. 4 boats. Thise were some of the best days of my life. How many kids can roll out of college and pay for a $80k starter boat?

If definitely takes a toll on the body, too. In my early 40's I'm still feeling good, but I'm not into pounding myself like I used to.

Cool to see a bunch of the same screen names still on here. What's up, guys?!?!
what's up Evan!? you guys getting any riding in lately?

should be getting out this weekend