Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-14-2019, 12:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
We already have a middle ground. Outlawing weapons based on the way they look is stupid as stupid can be.

Machine guns are already heavily regulated. What more do you need? You are not changing anything else. This is a human issue.
It most certainly is not "a human issue". It's a number issues. We have more private gun ownership than any other country on this planet. It shouldn't be a surprise that we have the most gun crimes. It's why we have become immune when a toddler finds his "responsible gun owner" dad's pistol lying around and blows his or his siblings head off.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-14-2019, 12:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
It most certainly is not "a human issue". It's a number issues. We have more private gun ownership than any other country on this planet. It shouldn't be a surprise that we have the most gun crimes. It's why we have become immune when a toddler finds his "responsible gun owner" dad's pistol lying around and blows his or his siblings head off.
While a tragic event, it is statistically not relevant. Why was crime going down while gun ownership was going up for the last couple decades if access to guns is the issue? We also have less assaults or serious assaults than other countries. unless I am missing something we are not even top 100.

We are 15th in home invasions and get this, we have been trending down since 2005 while gun ownership has been trending up.

14th in rape and we have been trending down since 2005 as well. You know what the gun ownershp has done in that time.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-countys-says/

Most homicides in U.S. occurred in 5 percent of counties, says study
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-21-2019, 7:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
While a tragic event, it is statistically not relevant. Why was crime going down while gun ownership was going up for the last couple decades if access to guns is the issue? We also have less assaults or serious assaults than other countries. unless I am missing something we are not even top 100.

We are 15th in home invasions and get this, we have been trending down since 2005 while gun ownership has been trending up.

14th in rape and we have been trending down since 2005 as well. You know what the gun ownershp has done in that time.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-countys-says/

Most homicides in U.S. occurred in 5 percent of counties, says study
Oh give me a break. Are you honestly going to try to connect a decrease in rapes to gun ownership?
The country's debt continues to rise, gun ownership has too. Maybe those two are also connected.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       09-07-2019, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:

How is it not a human issue? We’ve had widespread civilian gun ownership for centuries. And only recently are mass shootings (thy are not gang/crime-related) an issue.

Thompson machine guns used to be for sale at hardware stores. Didn’t hear about a bunch of deranged 20-30 year old white dudes back then shooting kids at schools. Only reason the NFA was enacted was because of mob violence during prohibition.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-08-2019, 2:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
How is it not a human issue? We’ve had widespread civilian gun ownership for centuries. And only recently are mass shootings (thy are not gang/crime-related) an issue.

Thompson machine guns used to be for sale at hardware stores. Didn’t hear about a bunch of deranged 20-30 year old white dudes back then shooting kids at schools. Only reason the NFA was enacted was because of mob violence during prohibition.
I don't know why this is so difficult for you to comprehend. It's also very disingenuous for you to try to convey the number of guns in this country hasn't increased exponentially in these "centuries" that you mentioned.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       09-12-2019, 1:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't know why this is so difficult for you to comprehend. It's also very disingenuous for you to try to convey the number of guns in this country hasn't increased exponentially in these "centuries" that you mentioned.
We're sorry you're such a beta cuck little pussy scared of guns. And you own shadow.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-13-2019, 1:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
We're sorry you're such a beta cuck little pussy scared of guns. And you own shadow.
I own two. And maybe I am afraid of my own shadow, but I wouldn't flinch if you walked up to me.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       09-13-2019, 2:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
I own two. And maybe I am afraid of my own shadow, but I wouldn't flinch if you walked up to me.
LOL. we got us a tough guy right here
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-25-2019, 1:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
LOL. we got us a tough guy right here
I never claimed to be tough. But one thing is for certain, I wouldn't back down from you one iota.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       09-19-2019, 4:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Your posting about my comprehension while failing to comprehend the post you're quoting is hilarious and ironic, in a sad way.

I wasn't discussing the number of guns per capita. I was pointing out that the AVAILABILITY has done nothing but decrease over the years.