Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-18-2019, 10:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
If you think Trump turned a million into a billion, then you could probably be tooled into believing anything.
Everyone keeps touting that he got a million from his dad. a million to a billion is 1,000 times. 10 mill to a bil is 100 times.

How about this. Anyone in this room take $1000 and turn it into a million? Or even $100,000. Even a standard investment at age 30 by the time you hit 65 will only double 5 times with good historic returns for a grand total of 32,000 by letting it ride.

Not saying he is a genius but it takes a bit to get a 1,000 times return on investment. Could be wrong and that is why I am just a working stiff but seems impressive enough.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       04-18-2019, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Everyone keeps touting that he got a million from his dad. a million to a billion is 1,000 times. 10 mill to a bil is 100 times.

How about this. Anyone in this room take $1000 and turn it into a million? Or even $100,000. Even a standard investment at age 30 by the time you hit 65 will only double 5 times with good historic returns for a grand total of 32,000 by letting it ride.

Not saying he is a genius but it takes a bit to get a 1,000 times return on investment. Could be wrong and that is why I am just a working stiff but seems impressive enough.
I've turned zero into $3mil a year. But your premise is completely flawed, and comparing $1,000 to $1,000,000 without factoring in everything else (cost of living of your average joe with $1,000 vs. 1mil to a rich boy who already has millions in the bank from dad).

Little Don was a millionaire by age 8. And his dad actually "loaned" him closer to $60mil ($140 mil in today's dollars) - it wasn't paid back so it's a gift, not a loan. There's also the millions upon millions shifted to him and his sister later - don himself got roughly $413 mil (the sister recently retired to prevent a judicial inquiry following the NY times tax report) and - even more importantly - the fleet of daddy's lawyers at his disposal to lawnmower over all the small business he screwed over.

If he had simply stuck the money he was given in the s&p back then, he'd easily be worth over 2 bil today.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-18-2019, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:

Last report I heard is that he inherited $400M. Previous to that it was a $100M. Either way, you could have just put that money in the stock market and made a billion with zero effort over the past 40 years, without having to lie and cheat people out of their money along the way.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-18-2019, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
without having to lie and cheat people out of their money along the way.
;-) let other people do it for you like the rest of us!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-18-2019, 3:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Last report I heard is that he inherited $400M. Previous to that it was a $100M. Either way, you could have just put that money in the stock market and made a billion with zero effort over the past 40 years, without having to lie and cheat people out of their money along the way.
Last reports that I read for the last 2 years, he was colluding with Russia. Just can't tell about reports these days.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-18-2019, 5:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Last reports that I read for the last 2 years, he was colluding with Russia. Just can't tell about reports these days.
But this is more about the credibility of claiming he inherited anything close to only a million.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-19-2019, 4:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
There seems to be some evidence of that in the Mueller report that was just released. You just refuse to believe any "report" that has anything negative about Trump.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-19-2019, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
There seems to be some evidence of that in the Mueller report that was just released. You just refuse to believe any "report" that has anything negative about Trump.
Get off the crack pipe. Even CNN is not posting collusion articles.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-19-2019, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Get off the crack pipe. Even CNN is not posting collusion articles.
What do you call this:

{Directly from the Mueller report}

"the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts."
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       04-19-2019, 2:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
What do you call this:

{Directly from the Mueller report}

"the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts."
One line out of what 400 pages? Uh huh. End of the day. No Collusion and no Obstruction. 2 years of investigation and a million and 1 fake news articles and shows about it. CNN has even jumped off the bandwagon.

I told you a long time ago Russia tried to influence the election. So did France, Israel, Germany, Mexico, China and a whole host of nations. They do it every election. Saying a country has a preferred candidate is like saying water is wet. I bet all the countries who were trying to get us to sign on to Pan Pacific Trade, Paris Accord or the past Kyoto Treaties all wanted democrats to win and even funneled money into the effort. They did it because that would allow them to tax America directly and weaken our production capabilities.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2020, 1:13 PM Reply   
Hey Wes How did Andrew Yang work out? I was looking forward to my $1000. O well Tom Styers looks like he is your New Man!!!